The Northern Ireland Crew!!

gutted i mised it! when's the next one?
could come to mine if you like, but don't know how holywood is for people to get to?

if its on a friday i can get anywer!! i cant do public transport but my oh doesnt work fridays!

p.s. i just noticed in that pic from the meet... ruby has one of poppy's toys, poppy has ruby's, and ellen has ruby's!!!

Thought I should post this here as well:

Just an update to say that I had a text from EmyDra last night at 2a.m.

She has been admitted to hospital.
They are sure what's wrong yet, she's in a lot of pain and hasn't eaten in 3 days. This will be her 2nd overnight stay now.
Her liver is suspected, and she has had a steriod injection for her baby.

She's had pethadine for pain relief, and is hooked up to an IV, is having bloods taken and a scan on her liver.

I'll be popping up to the hospital to see her today, will update with any news when I get home.

Get Well Soon Emma!

omg that sounds serious! yes please send her my love too!!!!!!! and a big :hugs:

Hello! I'm free!

Crazy times in Hospital, turns out I've somehow contracted either Hepatitis A or a viral form of Hepatitis. I am very lucky that my body held on and all babies remained fine and unbothered by my condition.

Once they got me out of Ketosis I've been fine :), the steriods gave me glucose in my urine but that's cleared up now. It's a mystery to how I got Hep A in a developed country (and mildly scary) but looks like me and Ixxy will be fine.

Have follow-up bloods tomorrow and wednesday and have to stay away from babies/pregnant women (but they haven't said I can't go to my anti-natal class on Thursday...and I don't want to miss it). The thing I think is funny, is I thought the severe pain was heartburn...heartburn...and thought I was a wuss for not being able to cope with it.

Unsuprisingly suffering 6 hours of constant LIVER pain whilst being sick makes me a bit prouder of myself. The midwives and staff were great and I got to know loads of them - can't wait to go back :)

Thanks for the informing Leah :D :hugs:

hi emma, glad to hear both u and bubs are ok!!!!!!! i bet coping with that makes u feel a bit more confident about the birth!!

Yeah!

One midwive kept telling me that a severe kidney infection was about as painful as labour whilst I moaned and rocked in agony. Not sure if that was meant to be reassuring? I've had kidney infection/UTI before, I can I say hand on heart that liver pain is much much worse :p

Glad to hear you're outta hosp and on the mend!! :)

well we're out of circulation for a while, charlotte has chicken pox :(

eeeep ive had a really bad UTI before, pissing razor blades type thing, i hope i never get liver problems!! sounds bad!

Yes...I had a bad one once and I really struggled to accept that original diagonisis. I was like like "But peeing doesn't hurt at all...how can it be a UTI? :shrug:"

Don't worry about getting liver problems, the chances of getting Hep A...are just like nothing :p

About 500 cases in England and Wales a year (and most of those are people back from undeveloped countries etc) so maybe like 100 in Northern Ireland? And how many of those are pregnant? Probably just me!

But I have lifelong immunity now (baby probably doesn't, but who knows?) so don't need to worry about that again :D

:hugs: Glad you're alright chicky :thumbup:

On a different note... I now have a date for moving back to Wales!
(I'm still gunna lurk here though! :blush: )

Ack Leah...stay and have the baby at LVH!

Go ooooooooooon...

Hey can i join you ladies? Im a newbie and glad to see so many NI mums x

hey..welcome to the mad house! :D How far along are you? where abouts are you from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->