The Northern Ireland Crew!!

Bangor!!

:wave:

Im in the process of moving house :rofl: It's madness and horrible starting from scratch!! Bare walls and concrete floors gonna take me a while lol

Wow they wouldnt even lift my legs off the bed for me or take my son and put him in to crib so I could struggle to get up. My family where so angry they moved me to a private room with a loo closer to me and I checked out after as no one would even help when i was crying and breastfeeding. My other half and I decided it was safer for me to be at home than there. They let my OH stay till 11pm and all as he was the help they do not do anything and they made that well known to me!

I am due in november again, I plan on kicking ass when I go back up there as first time I was vulnerable and in pain. Pain or not they getting asses kicked. Even HV said I should have wrote a complaint in but would have been no good. Least I can get pay back and remember some of the faces that where rude to me when i was breastfeeding to.

I used to work in homes as a care assistant and it shocked me that in places like hospitals and homes there are some really uncaring staff who dont deserve to work there and dont do their job. It always happens there is always a hand full of them. They over ride the good ones to that do want to help like me who just wanted to help but made them look bad if I did . I dont care if i look like a complaining old bag in a bed I will speak up.

And you would be 100% justified in doing so! They are paid to SEEM like they care, even if they don't really... so if they are being complete arses they aren't even doing the minimum requirement of their job.... does that make sense?! lol

I have to say, they were pretty good in Craigavon, aside from the fact they wouldn't let me go for a shower. (I still have no idea why!) But I had gone privately and my consultant was keeping a good eye on how I was being treated even post-birth.

Shocking stuff, Dragonfly. You make sure you stand your ground in November. I am apalled at the attitude of some staff to first time Mums, it's almost as if they think "Ah, sure she doesn't know any better as it's her first. We'll fob her off, ignore her, whatever."

I had my boys at what was the Jubilee Maternity Hospital at the City. First experience was horrendeous. No help with breastfeeding, well, if you call a half-hearted Midwife shoving my tit into Calvin's mouth,help then, yeah, there was little. Plenty of lessons in formula feeding though and how to make up a bottle (we're talking 1995 here!) Ben's birth was okayish, but I remember the shower/loo area being completely boggin' - I mean, other womens', hair, blood, sanitary towels and clots on the floor (!!!!)

Ellen was born in the Ulster on Boxing Day in the birthing pool in the Home from Home unit.One word - fabulous. Would do it all again tomorrow if I weren't so darned geriatric now. :haha:

Yiz can all come out now. Rant over!

Sweetlullaby, you are one of the nearest to me here.

Dragonfly - it sounds as though you had an awful time. My sister in law had her last baby in daisy hill and i don't think she was too impressed with it either.

I had Amy at the mater. I can't say anything bad about the midwife who delivered her, as she was fantastic. A bad point there was that they were very short staffed (as is every hospital by the sounds of it). I had 1 midwife the whole way through the labour, and only about 2 mins before Amy was born did the sister come in to help.

They also left me, OH and Amy in a room for over 3 hours after she was born, she was wrapped in just a towel, I had stitches put in as I had a 2nd degree tear, so I was V uncomfortable. As a first time mum I really didn't know what to do. In the end, my OH stormed down to the nurses station and told them we would be going home that day. After that they couldn't do enough for me, they apologised for leaving me, but as I hadn't had a c section, I wasn't a priority :shrug: So a new first time mum and baby left in a room for over 3 hours isn't a priority.

I was speaking to a girl at the baby clinic who said she had her LO in Antrim hospital, and she seemed to have had the best care. Anyone delivered there? x

my mum says they where useless when she had me and my sis then but more so now. I get them not taking baby I prefer they didnt but the whole not helping mums especially after what they said to me was major surgery was disgusting. I was traumatised by the birth as it was without getting treated like dirt after. I cant wait to see them again!

Shocking stuff, Dragonfly. You make sure you stand your ground in November. I am apalled at the attitude of some staff to first time Mums, it's almost as if they think "Ah, sure she doesn't know any better as it's her first. We'll fob her off, ignore her, whatever."

I had my boys at what was the Jubilee Maternity Hospital at the City. First experience was horrendeous. No help with breastfeeding, well, if you call a half-hearted Midwife shoving my tit into Calvin's mouth,help then, yeah, there was little. Plenty of lessons in formula feeding though and how to make up a bottle (we're talking 1995 here!) Ben's birth was okayish, but I remember the shower/loo area being completely boggin' - I mean, other womens', hair, blood, sanitary towels and clots on the floor (!!!!)

Ellen was born in the Ulster on Boxing Day in the birthing pool in the Home from Home unit.One word - fabulous. Would do it all again tomorrow if I weren't so darned geriatric now. :haha:

Yiz can all come out now. Rant over!

Sweetlullaby, you are one of the nearest to me here.

I had pops in the royal sammo, as you know, and it was honestly amazing. I have a friend who had her lo in the 90s there and said she had an experience similar to yours. It must have improved as they were incredibly clean (cleaners mopped floors etc 4 times wen i was on the ward, which wasnt even 12 hours), incredibly helpful and compassionate. Absolutely wonderful experience.

Dragonfly, congratulations! Definitely do kick ass when you go back- do you not have an alternate hospital?

No alternative when I have no car to travel its the closest to me next is Craigavon and thats miles and miles away up motorways and all. Not even an option. Still I want justice so this time I will be back for it. And if they have worse care I will be also writing to them and have friends that work in radio and the news papers to blab to should I get really peed off with worse treatment than last time. The girl beside me had pnd real bad but someone helped her. babies throwing up and screaming inconsolable and pnd got help but not c section breastfeeding mums. Some even said to me i was putting it on as they had c sections and where fine! wtf! I went through induction labour my muscles are sore I cant get up or breath right! Can you tell I am still angry over this :(

I walked out of there and no one even noticed, not a soul seen us leave and the doors to ward where not locked. yet a midwife gave off to me about their security when I asked her for two secs to watch my son while i crawled to the loo as there was no one else about but a few random builders. I found them so dam rude to me more than one! yet everyone else was treated with respect???

that is totally unacceptable dragonfly. make sure you do blab!

oohh Hi all! I'm from Millisle, never realised there were so many Norn Ironers here now! I lurk more than post these days I'm afraid. I'm another one to sing the praises of the home from home at the Ulster, I also had a water birth there and it was fantastic :)

hey crafty!!! nice to see you again! how are you and the lo's doing?? :flower:

Crafty - can you make it next week to the Folk and Transport Museum? (And any other Norn Iron girls here who have not yet seen the Meets thread!)

https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-m...olk-transport-museum-girlies-bumps-babes.html

Ola - I'm kind of Lisburn direction -ish. x

Hi ladies, I'm originally from Donegal but living in Omagh now for my sins! Expecting number 1 and will have him/her in Altnagelvin-I hope!

ano!!! flippin 'eck! welcome to zipp and noja!!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->