The Nub Theory?

Lulu34

Reaction score
Update- Well i went for my 22 week scan yesterday and its a BLUE one, think i only had one person guess boy, rest was girls, just goes to show, the nub theory is not always right! :O)

Hi All

Im new to this site today, i have heard of the nub theory, and was wondering if you can actually tell from the "angle of the dangle" ?bubba.jpg

My scan is attached, which i had done last week, i am so excited to find out what im having...pink or blue!!

Can anyone see a pink or blue nub in this pic!!! :winkwink:

thank you!!!

I am totally clueless about teh whole NUB thing, but your scan is gorgeous!

The nub theory is basically about 'the angle of the dangle'. Between 11 and 14 weeks' gestation both genders have a penis-like protuberance between the legs. They look incredibly similar at this point, except for the angle at which they are pointing. Sometimes there are males and females at this stage which are in the 'grey area', but essentially a boy's 'dangle' is 30 degrees up relative to the backbone and a girl's is below 30 degrees.

In order to be able to have any chance of predicting the gender, the foetus must not be curled up- they need to be lying as flat as possible. Also, it must be side on and apparently, it is better if the foetus is right side up.

You apparently can only see this on the 11-14 week of pregnancy. I guess its just nice to take a guess!! :O)

Ah thank you TaNasha!! :O) just so excited to find out and this will be my first!

oooh you are one day ahead of me, how has your first trimester been?, ive been fairly lucky, no morning sickness, just felt it!! But starting to feel better now!! :o)

Oh and thank you britt1986 for taking a guess!!!

ooh really this is exciting!! :o) thank you for your guesses!!!

I think like me you can't wait to find out, I will hopefully be putting up my scan on Monday and will be asking everyones opinion!:happydance:

yes def!! well il keep a look out for yours, not that im really sure what im looking for!! :O)

I say girl..the nub is straight in line with the spine

I cant see a clear nub but from what I can see I say .... :pink:

Me too, Iwould say it looks like a girl to me. :winkwink:

Cloe :shipw:

Girl!!!! the nub is in line with the spine...there both pointing in same direction..Girl!!

im just gutted my scan doeasnt show a nub..but then again its a 10 week scan...good news is i got another scan in 2 weeks and ill be looking for that nub lol

yey, love theorys on guessing, havnt heard of this before, though i can t say i can see a "nub"...

i will look at my scan too, silly really, i am not going to find out sex at 20 weeks but i always like to guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->