The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Somehow I have managed to alienate nearly everyone I know the past few days - so I am now just gonna give up.

My doctor told me the only reason they suggest not to start trying right after Mirena removal, is because your cycles won't be regular and you won't know how far along you are and stuff. The way most of us are, a pregnancy won't get by us. :) I however have never been regular, so I'm not worried. I actually had the most regular afs of my life the last 6 months that Mirena was in.

LUCKY! My periods were so messed up through the entire Mirena. Once I get regular and have no quick results (which seems pretty normal from what I see on here) I'll start charting right along with you ladies! :kiss:

Unfortunately, the regular afs stopped as soon as I got the Mirena out. I usually only get af 2-4 times a year, even before Mirena, not that I'm complaining. :winkwink:

A very warm welcome to all the new ladies, good luck on your journey! Barb im so happy AF has shown, i know that feeling after the long wait! Now you can get down to buisness!!! Woohoooo, To the other ladies that have posted about preg symptoms after removal.......I had every single one under the sun! Even when i knew we hadnt BD at the right time, i still had them. So frustrating.....but after about 2 months they settled right down, and now all is back to normal. Not feeling very positive about a BFP this month, but we keep hoping. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Somehow I have managed to alienate nearly everyone I know the past few days - so I am now just gonna give up.

I'm so sorry Calasen, lots and lots of hugs to you. We love you here - don't leave us!

hey all. Now 6dpo. still concerned that i didnt feel o pains or have sore bbs straight away from o like i did last month. Pretty sure im out :( now, please dont all shout at me.... but i have some unprescribed clomid..... would i be insane to go down that road? i know you guys will advise me well, i just hate having half of every month spent in a hell hole of anxiety.... x

Hey Calasen - don't you be going anywhere lady!!! You're going through a really crap time. You don't know whether you are coming or going and I doubt any of us would want to be in that position. I really hope that you get some answers soon. In the meantime focus on all the positive in your life: your wonderful man and your forthcoming wedding. We're always here to listen. :hugs:

Pip x

Hey Calasen - don't you be going anywhere lady!!! You're going through a really crap time. You don't know whether you are coming or going and I doubt any of us would want to be in that position. I really hope that you get some answers soon. In the meantime focus on all the positive in your life: your wonderful man and your forthcoming wedding. We're always here to listen. :hugs:

Pip x

But he smells!!!!!! :)

Is it normal to lose lots of clots after mirena removal? sorry i know tmi:wacko:

Is it normal to lose lots of clots after mirena removal? sorry i know tmi:wacko:

I'm not sure about LOTS of clots. My OBGYN gave me a fact sheet about what to expect after mirena removal and it says that clots are possible.

Hope that eases your mind a bit.

awwww wannabub :hug: - your not out yet though honey not till the :witch: shows

How's everyone doing? I'm okay. Cleaning house today but stopping to take a break and thought I'd check in. It's been pretty quiet around here lately.... :(

I'd love your thoughts on this...

I had to have an MMR vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) because my titers came back too low. Getting any of these diseases while pregnant can terminate the pregnancy or cause birth defects...CAN, not always, but CAN and my OH is a teacher so the dr thinks there's a higher risk of me being exposed to them. (My mom had chicken pox while pregnant with me and there were no adverse affects to herself or me except that I was born immune to it - fine by me!) So anyway, I was really going back and forth on whether or not to get a booster of the MMR vaccine since the vaccine itself can also cause birth defects but then we'd been trying for six cycles with no luck and the dr said I couldn't go any further with infertility testing/treatment unless I had the vaccine (grr) so I went ahead with it. I got the vaccine on CD3 to know for certain I wasn't pregnant and we have to prevent 100% for four weeks. Since OH and I don't like condoms and I don't want to risk the pullout method, we decided to abstain instead. So here's my question (sorry it's so long) - two doctors I've spoken to said you have to prevent for 12 weeks and two said four weeks. The Center for Disease Control says four weeks. So we're abstaining for four weeks for sure but then what would you do after that? Pullout for eight weeks? Abstain for eight more weeks? Ignore the other two doctors and NTNP for eight weeks before full on trying again? It's only been a few days abstaining and I'm already going crazy, not that we're not having fun in other ways, but still...it's killing me knowing we can't have a baby.

What would you do? If you had to get the vaccine, would you prevent for four weeks or twelve or?

How's everyone doing? I'm okay. Cleaning house today but stopping to take a break and thought I'd check in. It's been pretty quiet around here lately.... :(

I'd love your thoughts on this...

I had to have an MMR vaccine (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) because my titers came back too low. Getting any of these diseases while pregnant can terminate the pregnancy or cause birth defects...CAN, not always, but CAN and my OH is a teacher so the dr thinks there's a higher risk of me being exposed to them. (My mom had chicken pox while pregnant with me and there were no adverse affects to herself or me except that I was born immune to it - fine by me!) So anyway, I was really going back and forth on whether or not to get a booster of the MMR vaccine since the vaccine itself can also cause birth defects but then we'd been trying for six cycles with no luck and the dr said I couldn't go any further with infertility testing/treatment unless I had the vaccine (grr) so I went ahead with it. I got the vaccine on CD3 to know for certain I wasn't pregnant and we have to prevent 100% for four weeks. Since OH and I don't like condoms and I don't want to risk the pullout method, we decided to abstain instead. So here's my question (sorry it's so long) - two doctors I've spoken to said you have to prevent for 12 weeks and two said four weeks. The Center for Disease Control says four weeks. So we're abstaining for four weeks for sure but then what would you do after that? Pullout for eight weeks? Abstain for eight more weeks? Ignore the other two doctors and NTNP for eight weeks before full on trying again? It's only been a few days abstaining and I'm already going crazy, not that we're not having fun in other ways, but still...it's killing me knowing we can't have a baby.

What would you do? If you had to get the vaccine, would you prevent for four weeks or twelve or?

IMO i would rather be safe than sorry, I personally would rather wait the 12 weeks then start trying again.

Good Luck xx

Ouch - what an akward position to be in :(

I personally would abstain for as long as possible, but sometimes the mood just takes over, I guess it's just gonna have to be how you feel about it once your passed the first 4 weeks honey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->