The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Mine were seriously heavy for the first few months (I'd be doubled up in pain too) but twelve months (and one MC & D&C later, which may have had an impact I suppose?) it has gone back to 3-4 days of light-moderate flow only.

hi all has anybody had any issues with af after removal?? as mine have been scarily heavy with every af since removal... i fell pregnant with my first two children really quickly but having no joy since marina coil and extremely heavy af which is making me wonder if this has anything to do with it.... any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated
Hi:flower: I have been very fortunate as i had my coil removed 18th august and had af the day after, at 1st i thought it was a breakthrough bleed post mirena but exactly a month later af came again so my cycles returned back to how they were 5 yrs before having mirena:happydance: im now on cd11 and my cbfm is on high and i have signs of ovulation so im feeling very positive! when did you have your coil removed? apart from a few clots they were the same as before.

o_O Looks like progress!! Showing signs of the :witch: arriving and spotting!! She's only 3 months late :(

i had it removed on the 19th of july i had a colposcopy and cone biopsy at the same time due to abnormal cells was due af on the 29th of july which came on time but really really heavy and very painful has been the same with every af since with lots of pregnancy symptoms just before which is driving me nuts but i was never this heavy before the coil or during its driving me mad....

Hi Girls

im new to bnb and was woundring if i could join your thread as i had my coil removed on the 30th aug and im still waitting for my 1st af to come i just wish it would hurry up as cant wait to start ntnp for my 3rd :baby:
good luck and bay dust to you all xx

welcome Lizzie :)

Well it's official the :witch: has arrived!!!!! So relived and happy can actually start trying again :)

Hows everyone else?

How funny! I just posted a thread about IC tests and to buy on ebay or Amazon is the question! The brand Wondfo is being advertised on ebay but when you check the feedback people are saying they get a brand called Wanfu! I just wanna know if it work or if it's bogus. ebay offers free shipping without having to spend $25 to get it, like on amazon.
What brand did you get hun?

Maybe you can tell me the seller?? I hope they work good for you! I need to order some fast!

I got the Wondfo brand, they are these itty bitty test strips that you dip in a cup. I played with one with I got them and of course it was a BFN. They came really quick in the mail too, I guess I'll know if they REALLY work if I get a BFP from one, then I'll have to confirm with a digital EPT. But I figured I'm going to be anal about testing soon so I might as well go cheap! I have read on other forums that a lot of woman have had success with "internet cheapies".

It was my first time buying with Amazon and I give them 4/4 stars! I have never had fantastic luck on ebay, for some reason I am always that ONE person who recieved their shipment 3 weeks later than expected. GL dear!

The Wondfo from Amazon HCG tests are not very sensitive.. I got a pos on a digital and still only a faint line on a ic hpt.. the OPKs are pretty good - but with the hpts you will get a line on a FRER before the HCG strips from Wondfo unless you get the high sensitivity ones.

And Answer EPT is one of the lowest sensitivity tests out there.. I think it is about 100 miu.. check out this site www.peeonastick.com and you can compare all of the tests and hopefully find one that is a good price and you can get a quick response with..

Well it's official the :witch: has arrived!!!!! So relived and happy can actually start trying again :)

Hows everyone else?

YAY!! That's so awesome Calasen. I'm of course sorry it didn't result in a BFP for you but I'm so glad to hear your body is back on track and hope this situation doesn't repeat itself for you.

I'm doing alright here. I'm on CD15 of cycle 7. It's been 12 days since my MMR vaccine and we have to prevent for a minimum of 28 days. Two doctors said 12 weeks, two said 4. OH and I decided to each do a bunch of research about it on our own using the internet and the majority of the sites recommend only four weeks so we're going to start trying again next cycle which will be four weeks. We'll take it lightly, definitely won't time our :sex: around ovulation intentionally, but it will be possible at least. The dr recommended I take an "Infertility Class" which will basically tell me how to determine when I'm ovulating and time :sex: appropriately. I already know how to do this especially after reading Taking Charge Of Your Fertility, charting my temps for 5 months, and using OPKs but it's a required class before the dr will do a semen analysis on OH or prescribe Clomid. I'm so torn between actively trying and just NTNP though. I really want to be pregnant NOW but on the other hand, there are plenty of reasons not to be such as I still have three years left of school, we will have a harder time saving up to buy a house, we have five dogs, etc. So anyway, that's where I'm at. Looking forward to being able to try when we feel like it though!

Hello Group! As of yeasterday I am Mirena Free! I am new to bnb and found this post! I told DH that having the Mirena out felt like having a thorn removed ahhh sigh of relif :D so here we go! Im a free woman!

hello ladies was hoping somebody could give me some advise. I had my mirena removed 5 weeks ago and still havent had a period- removed due to constant bleeding and pain. we have been ttc. just wondering when u all got ur periods bk or did a hpt? xxx

Hello Group! As of yeasterday I am Mirena Free! I am new to bnb and found this post! I told DH that having the Mirena out felt like having a thorn removed ahhh sigh of relif :D so here we go! Im a free woman!

I totally know how you feel! it's such a sense of freedom having it out. I got mine out June 8th, and I'm ovulating since I did get a +opk last month, but did:sex: on the right days...I think, and not pregnant. I'm on cd15 now, and I'm tempted to go get opk's. I just want to know if I am regular yet or not. I finally had a 32day cycle, so fx'd that I'm becoming regular again!

hello ladies was hoping somebody could give me some advise. I had my mirena removed 5 weeks ago and still havent had a period- removed due to constant bleeding and pain. we have been ttc. just wondering when u all got ur periods bk or did a hpt? xxx

Hi im in the same boat i had mine removed on the 30th aug due to constant bleeding and pain too as me and my partner are wanting to try for are 3rd baby i just wish i knew what is going on as im thinking of doing a hpt out of curosity and peace of mind as im starting to symptom spot and its driving me mad :wacko:

Hi im in the same boat i had mine removed on the 30th aug due to constant bleeding and pain too as me and my partner are wanting to try for are 3rd baby i just wish i knew what is going on as im thinking of doing a hpt out of curosity and peace of mind as im starting to symptom spot and its driving me mad :wacko:

Hi, I had a 46day cycle 2 cycles ago, and my gosh, I went through so many hpt's! It's crazy because I had all the pregnancy symptoms imaginable, I think it's due to the mirena withdrawal. It's so annoying! I just wanna feel normal again!:nope:

Hi, I had a 46day cycle 2 cycles ago, and my gosh, I went through so many hpt's! It's crazy because I had all the pregnancy symptoms imaginable, I think it's due to the mirena withdrawal. It's so annoying! I just wanna feel normal again!:nope:

i have lots of pg symptoms the only 1 i dont have is the sore boobs and ive had two babys already i keep saying to myself your not pg its all in your head :dohh: but i know i will still test i wount be able to help myself so god help me when we start ttc as i think i will become a test addict :blush:

LOL! Yes, you will become an addict. especially when you read these threads everyday! I think I'm gonna get some opk's today, even though I promised myself I wouldn't!:dohh:....I just want to make sure my cycle is finally regulating, ya know?

what are opk's im totally clueless when it comes to proper ttcing as i was just gonna :sex: as much as we could every month untill we got a :baby: as that has worked twice for us and i was thinking 3rd time lucky:coffee:

AHHH! I hate to be the one to introduce you to the very addictive OPK's!!! Sorry!:haha: They are poas's that tell you when you will be ovulating. Once you get a positive, you will be ovulating anywhere from 12-36hrs...some tests say 24-48. So, once you get a +, you're supposed to :sex: from then and the next 3 days. Oh, the days when we would just bd and conceive so easily. :) after the mirena though, I'm worried that it's not gonna be so easy. At this point though, if it happens...it happens. I just want to know my cycle, and if it's becoming regular. Plus, it's fun to poas!:dohh::haha:

You can get super cheap opks on Amazon. Not sure if this link will work but they're Combo pack 40 (LH) Ovulation tests and 10 (HCG) Pregnancy tests for less than $10 and they're great.

I would highly recommend reading Taking Charge Of Your Fertility to anyone who wants to learn about how to get pregnant, track cycles, know when you're ovulating, etc. It's a big book but I found it absolutely fascinating. I charted my basal body temperature (BBT) for five months to get to learn my cycle and can now pinpoint when ovulation is coming just based on the signs given by my body (changes in cervical fluid, cravings, etc.) and my cycle isn't completely regular so that's really saying something! (It ranges from 26 days to 34 days) Had I not been able to confirm ovulation with my BBT readings, I wouldn't have learned anything about my cycle. This cycle and last cycle, I didn't chart my bbt and only took one opk per cycle to check my theory of whether or not I was indeed ovulating that day and sure enough, it's been accurate. Very cool stuff. :)

Anyway, I can't wait to start trying again next cycle and feel so much more comfortable about things now that I "know" my body!

Wow, see maybe I need to start charting. It just seems like alot of work. LOL! I would like to start getting to know weather I'm regulating and also if I'm ovulating. Peeonastick.com says that you can get a +opk and not ovualte. The only way to tell is by temping. I thought that was interesting. If anything, it's great to know your own body so well!

I need to order some of those wondfo's! Next month I will, it's too late for this month. Ill get a couple $tree opk's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->