The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Here is the thing. I tested this morning with a really cheap .88 test, with FMU and got a negative. I went to a store, and while I was there I got a First Response test. Came home, could only pee 1/3 of what I usually do, but enough to dip the test in. It came out as a positive, is First Response a reliable test? The lines are clear as day.

Congratulations SLC! I've heard of women getting a negative in the morning but a positive in the evening so I'd not worry!

Pip x

Get yourself to the dr's for a confirmation honey :) But it is possible :)

12 DPO :bfp: I just found out, im still shaking!!!

Omgosh!!! Woo hoo!!!!!! Congratulations, slcmommy! Just when you thought you were out for this month! I hope you will stay around and let us know about all your symptoms!!

Soooo happy for you! Hope this starts up a lot mor bfp's in this thread!

Picture please! Does it have color? Not to be a downer but frers have huge indent lines where the pink is supposed to be and sometimes look positive. I've had terrible confusion from this before. If it's pink than I would say test again tomorrow for sure! I hope it's your bfp!!!!

Here is the thing. I tested this morning with a really cheap .88 test, with FMU and got a negative. I went to a store, and while I was there I got a First Response test. Came home, could only pee 1/3 of what I usually do, but enough to dip the test in. It came out as a positive, is First Response a reliable test? The lines are clear as day.

Ha ha they are £10+ and you are doubting it over something costing less than $1?? :rofl: Love it!! Yes they are super reliable!! You are preggars!! :happydance:

ETA you should have a leaflet in the box that gives the accuracy statistics :thumbup:

Don't you hate how the arguments seem to come at the wrong time of the month!!! LOL! 4 days of positives? Wow! i vowed i wouldn't take opk's this month, but it's cd15 and they are calling out my name!

Yea, four days of positives is awful. But it's not the first time. I didn't use OPKs for several cycles but I went back through my history on FF and found that in three cycles I had at least three days of positive OPKs before I finally got the dip/rise or a negative OPK so I guess I just have REALLY long surges? I don't know if that's something to worry about or not though.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter right now anyway seeing as how we're supposed to be taking a break from ttc because it was causing too much stress/anxiety. DH wants to keep our appt with the infertility dr on 11/22 so I've agreed to that but I need to find a way to not be on birth control and not think about having a baby. It's too heart-wrenching getting :witch: every month and seeing everyone else getting bfps. (Not directed at you SLC, just seems like everyone I know is getting pregnant at the drop of a hat right now)

The lines are clear as day! Definitely not evp lines. The "faint" lines are much more darker in person than in the picture...just bad bathroom lighting. Showed up very soon after I peed on it! Funny, I got a neg with FMU, two hours later got a positive, and than two BFP this afternoon!
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=290945&stc=1&d=1320350210

is the top one the one you say is negative honey? cos i definately see a line on it :) I'd say thats a definate :bfp:

The top line wasn't a neg but the same test I took today with my FMU gave me a BFN. I'm thinking this is a pregnancy, too. I can't believe it!!!

The top line wasn't a neg but the same test I took today with my FMU gave me a BFN. I'm thinking this is a pregnancy, too. I can't believe it!!!

awww bless you :) #I can't wait to have mine do that :)

SLC-Yup those are definately lines! Congrats! :happydance:Was this your first month off mirena? How long did you have it for? You are giving hope to all of us ex-mirena users.

Edens-Hun I know what you mean about it seems like everyone around you just gets pg right away. Your turn will come, and when it does you'll be that much more appreciative, ya know? Especially when some days you'll be like"what did I get myself into". I hate that saying "patience is a virtue". No, I know what I want, and I want it now!!!!:brat: Lol!!!:haha:

:dust::dust:

Garden I'm right there with you honey :( Our Dr's are still refusing to help until it's been 2 years trying, despite me having Endo and PCOS, and apprently since getting the mirena removed one period every 3 or 4 months :(

This is our 14th month trying and I honestly have considered just giving up completely, esp since a couple of months ago I got that depressed about it I was contemplating things I really shouldn't have been :(

Trying hard to stay positive right now and focus on the wedding but at the back of my mind is "why can't I have a baby!" -- I have fought sooo long for it I feel heartbroken at every hurdle :(

Even though we have been actively trying for the past 14 months it's been something I have wanted for most of my life :( Even had to go through a dangerous surgery to untwist my stomach and uterus, as well as for endo scarring removal to get to this point :(

Then on top of that I have limited mobility due to health issues that mean I have weight issues, to which the Doctors say they can't help me lose as I can't maintain an exercise programme :(

Also found out this week that out of all the other options for a baby, we have very few :(
Due to my health we won't qualify to adopt or foster :(
My medications for other things mean that IUI or IVF is out of the question :(
Serrogacy is beyond our financial means :(

So if we can't do this naturally with some medical assistance then we won't ever get that little bundle :(

Somtimes life just loves to screw you over :(

Sorry - kindda feeling it hard tonight :(

Edens-Hun I know what you mean about it seems like everyone around you just gets pg right away. Your turn will come, and when it does you'll be that much more appreciative, ya know? Especially when some days you'll be like"what did I get myself into". I hate that saying "patience is a virtue". No, I know what I want, and I want it now!!!!:brat: Lol!!!:haha:

:dust::dust:

I have no patience. I already know that. I definitely want a baby and I WANT IT NOW!!! :brat:

taurus - This is DH's first biological child. I was doing just cheapie tests, got the FRER to confirm all the negatives I was getting. Wiped my butt on the toilet, turned around...and was like "WHAT?!!! OH MY GOSH!" I went flying to my DH who was on the computer, told him...practically shoved the test in his face! He was like "I don't see a 2nd line...I need some time alone" and he went into our bedroom. Five minutes later I open the bedroom door, and he is sitting on the edge of our bed, looking like he was going to cry. I walked up to him "are you ok?" I ask "you look like your about to cry...are you sad about this now?" and he goes "No, it's just...i'm happy"..

Guess he just needed a few minutes to process what a huge deal this is to him :)

Oh, and to answer someones question, I got my marina IUD out September 6th of this year after just shy of three years in.

Oh, and to answer someones question, I got my marina IUD out September 6th of this year after just shy of three years in.

Wow, I got line out august 31st of this year! Maybe that means this is my cycle to get a bfp, tpo. lol

Love DH's reaction :) what a great story!! Love it!!!!!!! Congrats again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->