The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

confused :( Tested and got :bfn: as expected but am still spotting on and off so thinking its just a very light period and once it stops will start the cycle again :(

I FINALLY HAVE CROSSHAIRS!!! WOOOOOO!! :D :D :D

Looks like FF thinks I oved on Christmas Day. That's pretty much made of awesome. Oh man... I hope so hard I'm going to get my bfp. It's all I can think about right now. 'Catching' on Christmas would be the best little story to tell... Gah! Fingers! So! Crossed!

@dreamers - I am the worst at symptom spotting and testing. You are not alone. I... kind of test every day if I allow myself to. O_O I started doing that a couple of days ago just in case I oved back when FF originally thought I did. I haven't tested yet today, and I am itching to do it even though I know exactly what it'll be.

So no embarrassment. A lot of us are the same exact way.

@babyO - I think we all process all of these things differently. The way you go about things isn't any more or less right or wrong or crazy than the rest of us. :p

@taurus - YAY! Fingers so crossed for you!

@edens - Oh man I am so sorry about the ginger. It's so often the thing that is more highly recommended. Bah!

Ohhhh man don't give me a symptom to focus on! Especially when the cm has pretty much altogether dried up now! Ahh! I am going to drive myself utterly batty during the next two weeks. I just know I am. Haha, I'll be lucky if I don't also drive everyone else around me completely crazy as well...

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Yay yay yay!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

So glad you finally got your crosshairs! Catching on Christmas would definitely be awesome! :)

I'm sorry about your bfn calasen...hugs!

temp dropped this morning to almost coverline so I think AF will arrive in the next day or two, what a crappy way to start the new year! Nevermind, chin up, trying to think of benefits of not being pregnant for 1 more month

Why is my nausea gone? Never thought I'd say it but come back! You're my only sign I'm still pregnant and little bean is okay! I'm counting down the days until my next scan to make sure everything is ok and going to try to be squeezed in earlier ...

@Edens - Nausea can come and go in pregnancy. It's normal. I understand wanting that reassurance though... but everything is almost certainly fine. Some people don't get any nausea at all! I had it bad with my son for a few weeks, but nothing at all with my daughter.

Your scan is coming up before you know it. You'll see the little bean in there, and feel so much better. I hope you can stay busy and keep your mind occupied until then! Hugs. Big huge internet hugs!

@dreamers - Hugs for you too. I'm sorry... I am not one to give false hope, I deal with disappointment VERY poorly, so I understand not hoping for something that isn't fairly certain... but could it have been an implantation drop? Or just sometimes people's have temp drops, even though they're pregnant.

My fingers are crossed for you, this month and next month too. Hughughug.

Myself... I had the biggest temp spike yet this morning. No idea what it means. I am trying to not be the spottingest symptom spotter in spotsville. And failing. Miserably failing. Gah! Come on days I will allow myself to test again! (and stay away af, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

How is everyone doing today? Any fun plans for New Year's?

We're going to let my 13 1/2 (the 1/2 is apparently VERY important) year old daughter stay up with us for the first time this year. We're planning to just play Euro Games (Super Nerdy board games...) and hang out all night. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Happy New year girls!!!!!! :dust: to those of us still hoping and :hug: and best wishes to those who have caught :) Thanks for the past year of support and helping me keep my sanity!!! XXX

@Edens - Nausea can come and go in pregnancy. It's normal. I understand wanting that reassurance though... but everything is almost certainly fine. Some people don't get any nausea at all! I had it bad with my son for a few weeks, but nothing at all with my daughter.

Your scan is coming up before you know it. You'll see the little bean in there, and feel so much better. I hope you can stay busy and keep your mind occupied until then! Hugs. Big huge internet hugs!

@dreamers - Hugs for you too. I'm sorry... I am not one to give false hope, I deal with disappointment VERY poorly, so I understand not hoping for something that isn't fairly certain... but could it have been an implantation drop? Or just sometimes people's have temp drops, even though they're pregnant.

My fingers are crossed for you, this month and next month too. Hughughug.

Myself... I had the biggest temp spike yet this morning. No idea what it means. I am trying to not be the spottingest symptom spotter in spotsville. And failing. Miserably failing. Gah! Come on days I will allow myself to test again! (and stay away af, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease)

How is everyone doing today? Any fun plans for New Year's?

We're going to let my 13 1/2 (the 1/2 is apparently VERY important) year old daughter stay up with us for the first time this year. We're planning to just play Euro Games (Super Nerdy board games...) and hang out all night. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Thanks Ginger - it's just so scary and strange for ALL the symptoms to go away. Not constantly needing to use the bathroom, no upset tummy, no sore bbs, nothing. I feel utterly and completely NORMAL! :(

Just checked out your chart - very interesting to see such a huge increase. Hopefully it means something and won't confuse FF into changing your ov date again!!

Calasen - hugs and :dust: to you too!

Ginger- we are having a family friendly new years party at our home... with a lot of our couple friends! Food, music, games and the ball drop! :) then all the kids can play in the game room.

Looking forward to having lots of Jan 2012 BFP's!!

How's everyone doing? Any more symptoms out there? Seems like a lot of us may have caught the eggy!

Afm... I am still cramping. Never cramped this long, usually stops the day of O... but im also a little different each time as my body gets back to normal after Mirena. FX!!

I personally feel totally normal. But then I purposefully avoided reading about pregnancy symptoms because I knew I would sit around and obsess. I do think, however, that since this is month #1 without Mirena combined with the fact that I feel total normal probably means TTC Month #2 will be January. Which I'm totally ok with. (I've got that wedding dress to fit into!)

Our New Years is going to be "Family Movie Night!" We are trying to start some family traditions with FDH, myself and my stepson. SS has never been in a family environment because his parents split when he was 6 months old so we want him to have some memories of what a "mom, dad, and kid" holiday looks like. Pizza and milk on a blanket on the floor while watching the Lion King! Luckily I really like the Lion King.

Hi ladies,

I have been lurking this week. I've tried to read as much of this thread as possible, and I've really been relating with you all. As I've seen mentioned previously, everyone is so supportive and wonderful, I really felt so excited to enter the conversation- if you'll have me. :)

A little background: I am 30, have one son who is 3 (4 in March), my husband and I have been married for almost 5 years and live in the Rainy Portland, OR.

I've had baby fever for several months, we had tentatively planned to start trying in the Spring of '12. In November I hit my limit regarding unwanted side effects from Mirena. I had nearly constant PMS symptoms, but never a period in 3 1/2 years. I became concerned for my future reproductive health!

I had what I thought was AF about a week after removal, but after doing some reading I assumed it was actually withdrawal bleeding. I kept expecting my "real" AF to show up at any time. I was not regularly temping or checking CM so I had no clue what was going on.

Anyway, my husband and I have been using condoms because I have been concerned about my uterine lining being too thin to sustain pregnancy since I did not have AF at all while I had the IUD. Last night I told DH that I want to be pregnant badly, don't want at all to wait for Spring and as soon as AF finally comes I want to put the condoms away. He was surprised but happy (and maybe a little scared!).

Then, THIS MORNING AF SHOWED! 28 days after I had my "withdrawal" bleed! I am so relieved to be on CD1 and be officially TTC!

Sorry ladies, I hope this isn't too much information from someone you don't know. I have the false feeling like I already know some of you from having read some of the posts.
If you have time, will you please mention how long you've had Mirena out (you've probably all gone over this, but I wasn't able to find it).
Thank you so much everyone!

Hello RainyMama! Welcome to our thread! I had my mirena put in 5 weeks after I delivered my son. Had it in for 2.5 years.... Now I'm on my 4th cycle TTC without it! We started trying immediately after removal. so glad you are back in the chase for the egg and decided to join us! I, too, had withdrawal bleeding... And it took 38 days longer to get my first real period! It's a relieving one, isn't it?!

Good luck this month TTC!! Hope you get your BFP!!! Start the new year off right!!

Hi Rainy!

I had my Mirena in for 2.5 years and never had AF while she (I called her Margret the Murderess due to how bad it hurt on the way in) was in there. I too had a little bit of bleeding the week after I had mine out (Dec. 5th) and then I started using opks because I was slightly obsessed with wondering whether or not my ovaries still worked. Turns out they totally work! I got a + opk about two weeks after my withdraw bleeding which was apparently also an AF (or so I tell myself) and now I'm waiting to POAS. For whatever reason I'm not obsessed with testing for the BFP like I was the ovulation. If AF hasn't shown up again by January 12th though I'm getting myself a stick!

Welcome to the thread! I figure that TTC Month #1 was a bust so I'm eagerly anticipating TTC Month #2!

Wow the board has been so active! I feel like I've been away forever! I got caught up on all the new posts but since I'm posting from my phone I might miss some of you in my reply so sorry in advance!

Rainy - welcome!! I had my mirena in 6 weeks after my son was born and took it out just after he turned 18 mo. I had some withdrawal bleeding / af a week later and ov'd (per opk and temping) 18 days after that. I'm currently coming to the end of my 2WW and 100% convinced that I'm pg. Anyway I'll get to that in a sec. :)

Ginger - YAY you have crosshairs!! And good solid ones too, not those wimpy dotted crosshairs. I probably shouldn't tell you that it's a good pregnancy sign to have lots of creamy cm that dries up as it forms the mucus plug. Nope definitely not gonna tell you that.

Edens- big hugs and lots of sticky :dust:. I still think you're good. Symptoms come and go in the early days. Hang in there little bean!!!

BbyO - it must be nice to not be so obsessive! I wish I could say the same!

So afm... I've taken several tests the last week that all were neg. But I'm tired and off-and-on nauseous and just totally convinced I'm pg. Well I told O this the other night and he convinced me to go out and buy some good early tests and I tested that night.... And got the faintest of lines!!!! I haven't told him yet because I can't tell one IF without the other, and I've managed to avoid testing again with fmu because if it's a definite + there's no way I'll be able to keep that from him, and I'll see him a couple times before I see them both (Tues night). So my "real" test is going to be Tues morning and if it's + (I'm still convinced it is!!) then I'll make the big announcement Tues night.

As for new year's... I'm working. Blah. But at least I'll be awake at midnight!

Not sure if this will work but here goes...

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=318529&d=1325302110

Remember this was done at 5 pm. And it took a long time to convince dh that when it comes to these, a line is a line is a line. He thought it wasn't real because it's SO faint. I don't even know if you can see it in the pic.

Ladies PLEASE wish me luck at staying away from more tests until Tuesday!!! This is so hard!!!

Purple I totally see something!!! Ooooh I hope this is your bfp!! And yes, a line is a line! :) good luck!!! Can't wait to see more tests from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->