The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

@panda - HOLY COW that's SO AWESOME! :D Both the BFP & the surrogacy. I am so happy for ALL of you! I even got all misty eyed... cause I'm an emotional twit this week. :)

@rainy - Welcome to the thread! I had my Mirena removed on Nov 1st, after five years. No af the entire time. I didn't have any removal bleeding at all. I had the lightest of brownish spotting for literally a couple of hours about two weeks after it was removed, then full on af (the heaviest I can remember having in my life!) two weeks after that. Currently I'm crossing everything that can be crossed that af is -not- about to show up any day now... that I'll get my bfp soon. :)

@calasen - Hang in there... I am so sorry things have been so rough for you. Hughughug.

@babyO - Are you gonna test? :D

@dreamers - Blah, sorry about af. :( Next month though! Also, it's adorable that your partner doesn't know why you keep taking your temp. Haha, mine reads my OPKs for me, and if I don't grab the thermometer straight away the moment my alarm goes off he's sticking it under my tongue for me. He's almost as obsessive about my chart as I am too, he sure does compare it to other charts more. O_O

Me... well my temp dropped dramatically this morning. Blah. Af was due yesterday. I tested every day for the last three days, all bfn. I'm 8dpo... I know it's still pretty early for testing, but BLAH. I reallyreally hope I'm + this cycle... but the temp drop and the bfns have me prepared for sadness.

I'm also trying super hard to avoid symptom spotting like a mad woman. I can be bloated and emotional and super tired from af coming on, dagnabbit.

@edens - How are you today?

I hope everyone had a marvelous little New Year celebration! Ours was lovely. My 13 year old daughter made (from SCRATCH! woo!) a four course dinner for everyone who spent it with us. She made her own vegan dressing, a mixed greens salad, black bean & barley soup. She made her own pizza crust & topped it with fresh from scratch vegan pesto (she grew the basil herself!), tomatoes, kalamatra olives, and spinach (the tomatoes & spinach were also from her indoor garden). She made fresh pasta & tossed it with her pesto, & baked some really good bread to go with it. And for desert she made vegan chocolate mousse, which turned out *phenomenally* well. I am incredibly proud of her. It really made the day special. :)

@Panda - CONGRATS!!! So glad you get to join me as a bump buddy!! When's your due date? Sometime in September I guess? So excited for you!! And the surrogacy is so sweet of you! How does that work? Were you artificially inseminated by one of them with one of your eggs? Or? (Sorry if that's way too personal, just curious!)

@rainy - Welcome! This is a wonderful and amazing group of ladies! I had Mirena for exactly two years, had AF every 30ish days the last year I had it, and had it removed 3/4/11. I had a withdrawal bleed starting the next day and then af on 3/15. Nine cycles later and after a lot of infertility testing (and right before our first Clomid cycle!) we finally got our BFP with the help of Mucinex, PreSeed, ConceivePlus, and abstaining until O day (OH has low seminal fluid volume). I'm now 6w1d and feel pretty normal today so far after lots of cramps the past week. It has definitely been a scary time but I'm trying to release the stress and relax until our next appt on Jan 13.

@Calasen - I hope the pain ends soon hun, so sorry! :(

@dreamers - OH didn't like hearing about my chart or temping either at first but after about 7-8 months when we started the infertility stuff, he finally 'got it' and was glad that I had been doing it since it saved us about 4-6 months of time before the dr would help us. (She wanted us to chart for 4-6 months before she'd do any testing, luckily I already had been so we started straight away)

@Ginger - Sorry about your temp drop. If your ov was placed right on FF your AF shouldn't be due for a few more days and that *might* be an implantation dip. Hopefully your temp will skyrocket back up tomorrow and you can test in another two days!! Oh and your daughter sounds amazing! :) I can't cook to save my life (vegetarian and not a huge fan of veggies so....yea....not a lot of options for me!) but thankfully OH loves to be in the kitchen so he'll be king of the kitchen when the kids come along!

Afm, we had a decent New Years. I couldn't dream of staying awake so OH woke me up about 15 til and we shared some apple cider (neither of us drink anyway) at midnight. I've still been having a lot of cramps (no spotting) which is scary but hopefully 'normal'. It's just weird that all my symptoms were gone - no sore bbs, no nausea, no bloating, nothing. I called the dr on the 31st and they said there wasn't anything I could do unless I went to the ER which I didn't want to do so I'm trying to relax. I'm still taking my progesterone supplement. I don't know if the progesterone would stop the spotting from coming or if everything really is okay. It's almost like I want to stop the progesterone to see what happens but then if everything were okay, the lack of progesterone could cause a m/c so it's a double-edged sword. Hence why I'm trying to just not think about it and relax! Anyway, OH and I are off to get some dog food so hope you all have a lovely day.

Congrats Panda :) :hug: heres to a healthy and happy 9 months :)

AFM - It was a miscarriage :( Spent the day sleeping as the painkillers worked :( Trying not to focus on the losss part though and looking at it as a "well that bit works"

@Calasen--I'm so so so so so sorry to hear that! A huge hug to you.

@Ginger--I'm glad your body is as weird as mine. Or at least your girlie parts.

I did use the free test this morning and got a gigantic negative. If my opk is to be believed then AF should have shown up this coming Friday/Saturday (1/8 or 1/9), however, I now have light spotting when I go to the bathroom. No cramps. No other indication that AF should be here. I should have just saved my test! :) Next month I won't break down!

MY GIRLIE PARTS ARE CRAZY!!!

Calasen- I am so sorry for your loss. I hope there is, at least, some relief in knowing what is/was going on with your body. My sister was having some crazy spotting and what seemed like her period for weeks, then it turned out she had been pregnant. In her case, it was considered a chemical pregnancy. Though, of course we all felt it as a miscarriage. I have no idea why doctors call it that.

Edens- Thank you for the welcome. I am eager for your u/s! I watched the video of you telling your OH and I cried! It was so awesome! Congrats!

Ginger- Thank you for the welcome, too! I am jealous of how supportive and involved your partner is!

Panda- that is SO cool! How exciting! Do you have any kids of your own? My sister (who I mentioned above) is actively trying to conceiver with her partner. She has had several IUIs. I have had recurring dreams of being her surrogate.
Also, my husband is Cuban, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Could be a cultural machismo kind of thing? I sincerely think that he thinks that his sperm has all of the superpowers you mentioned! Ha!

AFM- CD3, and still extremely excited! :thumbup:

AFM-

@calasen - I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs. I'm glad to see that you can take something from the horrible situation. I know it has to be painful for you no matter what. Hang in there...

@babyO - Blah! Sorry for the bfn & spotting and junk. My stupid girlie parts are also being stupid. I'm sorry that yours are also being stupid. Maybe if we gave them a stern talking to? Possibly it would help?

I have spotting now as well. I am not sure what it is yet... maybe af coming. Probably af coming, I imagine. But it started right (like, within moments) after sex, so I dunno. It's super light... but this is how af began last month too (sex and all!), so I am not hopeful. According to my own estimation, af was due a couple of days ago anyway, so it makes sense. (FF put me on a like 36 day cycle or something? but today is cd 30 for me, so I'd be due for af any time now if my body were 'normal')

I guess maybe next month... for a few of us! Fingers crossed for then... sigh...

@babyO - Blah! Sorry for the bfn & spotting and junk. My stupid girlie parts are also being stupid. I'm sorry that yours are also being stupid. Maybe if we gave them a stern talking to? Possibly it would help?

I have spotting now as well. I am not sure what it is yet... maybe af coming. Probably af coming, I imagine. But it started right (like, within moments) after sex, so I dunno. It's super light... but this is how af began last month too (sex and all!), so I am not hopeful. According to my own estimation, af was due a couple of days ago anyway, so it makes sense. (FF put me on a like 36 day cycle or something? but today is cd 30 for me, so I'd be due for af any time now if my body were 'normal')

I guess maybe next month... for a few of us! Fingers crossed for then... sigh...

I dont know - it seems awfully early for AF 8 dpo? We'll know tomorrow I guess whether AF arrives or your temp shoots back up. Good luck, Ive got fingers and toes crossed :hugs:

Calasen - so sorry, sounds like you've been through hell TTC. Try and focus on that positive and stay strong. You'll get there - its your turn :hugs:

I am out this month. Temp stayed down this morning, then when I went to the bathroom and found that af has arrived. Ah well. Next month, perhaps.

So, how do you guys maintain a hopeful outlook? I am probably being a hormonally induced emotional twit, but I'm feeling rather hopeless at the moment. I don't understand why we didn't conceive this month... we sure did bd enough, and at the 'right' times. I know sometimes it just doesn't happen... but I also know I never had any trouble before. I dunno. I'm not used to being such a dark melancholic person. I don't know why this is getting to me so much. So yeah... how do you guys maintain hope and positivity? :)

Dear God/Goddess/Higher powers,

Can I please have a restart on this year??

My Nan died this morning :(

OMG Calasen, you poor thing. I'm so so terribly sorry. :( Sending hugs and thoughts to you and your family.

Calasen you can join me in my quest to blow January off the calendar. I lost both my Mom and my Mimi in January. I really HATE January. I'm so sorry for you loss. I know how much it hurts.

Calasen, I am so sorry for your loss. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers!!! :(

Ginger- so sorry af showed up! I'm not sure I always keep a hopeful outlook... But every time af shows I just feel like it obviously wasn't my time. I always think of reasons why it was best I didn't get preggo that month... Some reason why it would be beneficial to my future baby- like, I could save a little more $$... Or my DS gets one more month of being the only child, and maybe he needs that. I also think about how stressing could lessen my chances of conceiving next time... It really stinks when you KNOW you have done everyhing you were supposed to and it doesnt happen. Each month is only about a 20% chance... and thats with everything done right to the T. Please keep your head up.... It WILL happen :) lots of baby dust to you for February!

@calasen - I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

I'm going to stick around here to support you ladies but I've started a Pregnancy Journal for those of you who want to read updates on how things are going with me - I know it isn't always easy when you're still TTC or at least I thought so... Feel free to click the link in my signature and stalk there instead. :)

I forgot how awful AF really was!! This sucks.

Do I count the day I started spotting as CD1 or the day the "real thing" showed up as CD1?

I forgot how awful AF really was!! This sucks.

Do I count the day I started spotting as CD1 or the day the "real thing" showed up as CD1?

Ugh, it does suck, doesn't it? Bah! I don't remember it being as bad as it is now. This is only my 2nd since removal... but bah! Bah I say!

FertilityFriend counts the first 'real' day as cd1. Spotting hasn't been counted on my chart.

Hehe, our cycles are in synch. Today is cd1 for me. I didn't know that could happen through the interwebnets! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->