The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Ohhhh I'm not sure honey, but i suck at reading tests, even the obvious ones :) FX for you honey XXXX

Hi Rainy mama, welcome. You sound really excited - its good to have someone to obsess with isnt it? I got my mirena out almost a year ago, but only threw out the condoms 4 months ago - I'd had it in for a long term and was paranoid that I wouldnt get into a proper cycle for a while - got a withdrawal bleed for 5 days and then 10/7 later started AF and have had 25-28 day cycles ever since. Sounds like your back on track already

PP -good luck, fingers crossed for Tuesday.

Gingerfaerie - thanks, but AF just showed up. Bummer! But I think doing all the negative tests and seeing my temp drop had prepared me, so no tears this month :)
Its my birthday next month and if by some miracle I develop some self control and don't get AF before CD 29 a BFP will be the best birthday present ever!
Plus by then I will have saved a bit more money and got rid of another debt -all good things when you find out your pregnant I imagine.
Happy new year everyone, hope we all become mums (again) in 2012

Babydreamers- I am really excited, probably too excited and too hopeful.
Having a group of peers to obsess over these things with is beyond awesome. My husband is NOT interested in talking about whether or not I've ovulated or the consistency of my CM!
PurplePanda- the picture wasn't loading on my computer so I couldn't see your line! I hope you get a dark line with FMU and I'm sure whoever you're telling on Tuesday will be super excited.
Operation- I wish I had been charting/temping or using OPKs because even though AF is here, I am NOT sure if I ovulated and the mystery is making me crazy. I am afraid if I start using OPKs that my DH will freak out. He doesn't like making a science out of baby making. Also, I think somehow it insults his manhood. Like he should be able to make a baby at anytime regardless of what my body is up to. So i am going to attempt to discreetly chart my CM/temps and see how that goes.
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and sharing with me your experience with your removal.

Babydreamers- I am really excited, probably too excited and too hopeful.
Having a group of peers to obsess over these things with is beyond awesome. My husband is NOT interested in talking about whether or not I've ovulated or the consistency of my CM!
PurplePanda- the picture wasn't loading on my computer so I couldn't see your line! I hope you get a dark line with FMU and I'm sure whoever you're telling on Tuesday will be super excited.
Operation- I wish I had been charting/temping or using OPKs because even though AF is here, I am NOT sure if I ovulated and the mystery is making me crazy. I am afraid if I start using OPKs that my DH will freak out. He doesn't like making a science out of baby making. Also, I think somehow it insults his manhood. Like he should be able to make a baby at anytime regardless of what my body is up to. So i am going to attempt to discreetly chart my CM/temps and see how that goes.
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and sharing with me your experience with your removal.

Dont worry I dont think my hubby would ever look at me the same again if I told him all about TTC science. He has asked me several times what I keep taking my temp for - he's completely clueless bless him. I think its probably best to keep the yucky science from them - not exactly sexy! :haha: Good luck!

Well ladies...the testing bug set in today. FDH is driving his son back to his Mom and I'm stuck in the house with not a lot to do and O M G, all I want to do is go out and get one of those early testers. AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must. Resist. So. Hard.

I can't decide if it's too early for an early tester. My + opk was December 22. I forgot to repeat the test on the 23rd so I don't know if it was still + that day or not.

Operation TEST!!! :)

AFM - well the period has been coming and going for a week and as a new year gift it decided to floor me completely!! TMI warning - I have soaked through 3 pairs of knickers and PJ bottoms in less then 2 hours :( Called the emergency doctor as it has completely freaked me out and am to call them back if it don't start to ease, but their main theory is because i haven't had a normal 28 day cycle in so long that having had one now has completely destroyed and confused my body hence major over doing it. At least thats the hope :( I really didn't like their other idea!

Oh my, calasen! I hope all is well!! I will be thinking of you!! How long do u have to wait to see if it eases up??? What was their other idea?

2 more hours to see if it eases, second suggestions was possible early stage miscarriage :(

@Calasen: Oh no! I hope that it gets better soon. I'm sure I would be calling back every 5 minutes. :hugs2:

afm: I'm now sitting on my bed surrounded by pregnancy tests and reading the directions. In my 31 (almost 32....32 on Tuesday!) years I have never purchased one. I don't think I'll do one tonight because I've had too much to drink today and my pee is practically clear. Though now that I've gotten them I kind of just want to wait until Friday. (I recounted, 14 days from ov is January 8th).

Oh the agony! I'll see what I feel like doing in the morning. They are just so dang expensive!!

@Calasen: Oh no! I hope that it gets better soon. I'm sure I would be calling back every 5 minutes. :hugs2:

afm: I'm now sitting on my bed surrounded by pregnancy tests and reading the directions. In my 31 (almost 32....32 on Tuesday!) years I have never purchased one. I don't think I'll do one tonight because I've had too much to drink today and my pee is practically clear. Though now that I've gotten them I kind of just want to wait until Friday. (I recounted, 14 days from ov is January 8th).

Oh the agony! I'll see what I feel like doing in the morning. They are just so dang expensive!!

hehe careful you dont get addicted :) theres a lot of internet cheapies out there that alot of us use honey :) just cos of the addiction :)

The bleeding seems to be easing off so far, so hopefully its not serious :) Just really really hurts! Hoping it eases off enough for me to take a shower, I feel clammy and yucky and messy now :(

:rofl: oh we are such good influences. Operation-dooo iiiit!!

Calasen-Oh my that's scary!! Please keep us updated! GL...

Well ladies, i lasted a whopping 1 day. And the worst part is I basically had to strong arm dh into giving me the test. I feel kinda bad... But not really, cos
https://i.imgur.com/91QKG.jpg
:bfp:!!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now THAT is a line. So help me get all the excitement out so I can play it cool on monday!

Ack! I'm so late to the party... I somehow missed the last page entirely. So operation: hold it for 4 hours then try. Calasen: I'm so glad things are improving. Why does the bleeding have to ease more before you shower? I say shower anyway and get yourself feeling more human. Then give yourself a pedicure.

:rofl: oh we are such good influences. Operation-dooo iiiit!!

Calasen-Oh my that's scary!! Please keep us updated! GL...

Well ladies, i lasted a whopping 1 day. And the worst part is I basically had to strong arm dh into giving me the test. I feel kinda bad... But not really, cos
https://i.imgur.com/91QKG.jpg
:bfp:!!!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Now THAT is a line. So help me get all the excitement out so I can play it cool on monday!

:thumbup: NOW I see it. Congratulations!:happydance:

Panda- that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. + tests make me so happy! Thank you for sharing. Who are you keeping it cool for?

Calasen- your other half must be worried sick. Get yourself to the dr and find out what's going on! Of course, keep us posted.

Dreamer- ttc science def not to be discussed, especially if I am trying to get him in the mood!

Operation- seems like you should test around the same dpo as panda did for her first positive test.

Rainy - forgot to say, I laughed so hard at your comment about your oh's manhood being affected by your cycle tracking!! Like he expects his little guys to storm your ovaries and demand they release an egg on command.... :rofl:
I'm actually a surrogate for a gay couple... So what I was saying is, I'm going to see one of the fathers tomorrow, but I won't see both until Tuesday night, and obviously I want to make the announcement to both at the same time. I'm really close with o, though (the one I'm seeing tomorrow)... I pretty much tell him everything, and i have a hard time keeping things from him. So it'll be hard to keep this to myself!

Thanks everyone! And don't worry, I'm already obsessing over this and downloading pregnancy tracker apps on my phone... :haha:

Purple- that is SO awesome! They are going to be thrilled!!!! Are you going to try to tell them in any special way??

I don't know if it's really "special," but I do have something planned... and I will be video taping it!! They proposed to each other (cute story) over christmas and just set a date of August 17th, so I plan on congratulating them and all- I haven't talked to R about it yet at all- and then casually mentioning that the timing might be close, since their baby is due 3 weeks later..... It sounds dumb out loud, but it's awesome in my head. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->