The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

lol, that's the worst. So my OH was previously married and they tried for 4 years and never succeeded so I had my doubts before we even started trying. And that's what I was so adamant to start fertility stuff right away at 6months ttc. Everyone thought I was jumping the gun but knowing his past history, I felt like I needed to. I was always VERY careful to make sure he didn't know why I was so anxious but I'm sure he figured it out; he's not a complete dumby. At first he didn't want to know anything about cycles, conception occuring, ovulation, etc. One of our very first cycles we BDed three times in one day (usually I get too sore for even once per day) and he was all excited and asked what he did so special that day so he could make sure to do it again. :haha: He had no idea it was because I got my first positive OPK and I just wanted to catch the egg! Anyway, he finally came around to it and once we were told we had to abstain until ov day, he was glad I had learned as much as I did about my body so we could time things better.

(I feel like I just talked in a circle so I hope I made sense!)

Oh and check out babycenter .com for a video of conception

@Rainy--what I have learned with my FDH is that he is never going to be as excited about TTC as I am. One day FDH said to me that he would be fine if we never had kids because we have SS. I was so hurt I burst into tears because he has SS, I have no children. We've come a long way from that conversation. I now get as excited as I want and he knows not to make any more comments about me having a child already. :) I think men just process this whole thing differently. We are the ones watching our body like a hawk, tracking it's every move. Guys don't really get involved until the little bean sticks or until it gets here. I realize that right now my expectations should be that FDH does this "thing" when he needs to. I won't expect excitement until after I get a BFP.

Thank you ladies, you are the absolute best.

Also, so you all know that I haven't completely gone off the deep end, I do realize there is no one here named Ava's Mama. A woman on another board I follow just got her BFP after putting on her vision board "baby in 2012".

Anyone hear ever hear of The Secret, this is where she got the idea for the vision board?

Calasen- are you around, how are you doing?

I'm here, just keeping quiet.

I had to have 3 of our rats put to sleep on the 5th so thats a loss every other day since new year :(

Have finally stopped bleeding and the pains eased up alot. Still feeling very low and tired though, waiting for the pregnancy symptoms to stop completely.

Ah, I've missed my girls! I've been SO BUSY lately... Sorry I haven't been replying!

Calasen- I am so, so sorry. What a horrid start to the year. :hug:

Ginger- I'm sorry for you too!!!! On to another month, I guess. EVERYTHING crossed for you. Your DH is soooo awesome. I couldn't even get O & R to care that much!

Edens- Totally stalking your journal. Thanks for starting one. :)

Taurus- Good job keeping busy. SOOOO close to being able to test! GL on your wait and TONS of :dust:

Rainy- I have never heard of the sleeping in complete darkness thing. What's that all about?? I lol'd at your being bugged about the temping thing... that would so be me! It WAS me... on days I work, DH wakes me up by tossing DS on the bed with me, and I was so made because I knew I wasn't temping quickly enough. Haha, those thermometers turn us into crazy ladies!! Where do you live? (Hope that's not weird). Me and DH keep talking about moving to WA... we love the gray rainy days, and we love cold weather (but not snow!). We figure WA is the perfect solution! We'll see, though. Nothing can happen for a few years, anyway.

BbyO- What did Siri say??? :haha: I bought my OPKs off amazon.

Speaking of which.... anybody want my leftovers??? They're just ICs, but I don't need em anymore, and I have a good 20+ left I think (haven't counted, but I only used them for less than 1 cycle).

AFM... All my symptoms have disappeared... except I'm ravenously hungry, my bbs are huge (but that might be in my head!) and I have pregnancy brain lol. Pretty sure that last one is def in my head. But it's nice to have an excuse. I told O & R on Tuesday night as planned.... it was awesome. R freaked, O was in shock. I tried to get it on video but messed it up because we were trying to be sneaky... totally lined up the camera wrong and nobody is in the picture. :( At least I still have the audio!

Check out this blog about lunaception. Basically it is trying to get your cycle in rhythm with the moon. Full moon=ovulation, new moon=AF.

https://www.naturallyknockedup.com/basics-of-charting-and-lunaception/

Rainy- never heard of it, but will be googling for sure! Thats awesome! :)

Today was a super busy day. It was nice because the whole day went by without me thinking of TTC stuff! One more day closer to testing day... Yay!! About to hang out with DH and DS for a while and relax! I'm going to buy opk's ASAP if af shows her mean ugly face this month. still no symptoms whatsoever. Here's hoping for sore boobs! Lol!

BabyO- it's good you know your husbands reaction and not take it to heart. It's hard when they don't get as excited as we do though. I bought a book called The Expectant Father for dh and read it myself before I gave it to him. It was interesting to read things from a man's perspective and I think I enjoyed it even more than the What to Expect series. anyway just a thought if you like to read..

Calasen- I'm sorry about your ratties and hope the new year turns around for you...

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoys the weekend!

My partner god 'Dude, You're Gonna Be A Dad' a a gift last night. https://www.amazon.com/Dude-Youre-Gonna-Be-Dad/dp/1440505365

It's a really neat book because it's written in a style which is very informal, and pretty freaking hilarious at some points. It's short, informative without being overwhelming, it's a very easy read. I'd highly recommend it. I especially enjoyed the chapter on doctor's appts - he details what generally happens at each appt, and why, and how important each appt is to go together to. :)

@calasen - You have been having the worst time of things... I am so sorry. I hope things start turning around for you soon. Hang in there...

So it seems af is inexplicably gone now. That was an odd, short, light cycle. The cramping was *intense*, and I was/am *extremely* bloated, tired, I got two migraines... but the bleeding was light and short.

My temps continue to be bizarrely 'normal'. Or at least, they continue to be bizarrely even, hardly any movement at all, when last month they were all over the place. I have no idea what my body is doing, but hopefully whatever it is, it's good. Back to opks for me tomorrow!

For the first time in forever, I have no weekend plans. It's incredibly nice, after the holidays. I'm going to take down Christmas, and hopefully start packing/moving at least the things that we have in storage at the apartment. I'd really rather do this move little bits at a time over the course of the month, as opposed to all in one day. And since we're moving into somewhere we own, we finally have that luxury!

How about you guys?

Calasen, o and r are the future parents of the baby purple panda is carrying. She is their surrogate. There is more info a few pages back or I'm sure she will add more too :)

I knew she was serrogate but I must have missed the bit where they were specifically mentioned :)

Heads not quite in the right place yet but its getting there :)

I can't begin to imagine what you are going through with everything thats happened so far this year. Always sending lots of hugs...

Calasen- yeah garden pretty much covered it. :) I hope you're feeling a little better. Do something nice for yourself. Big :hug: your way.

Garden- don't get too discouraged! You have a healthy sticky bean so far, no reason that should change. I hope your symptoms get worse and you feel undeniably pg. ;-)

Ginger- congrats on owning a place! And on the witch leaving the building. Sounds to me like your body is getting ready to do it for real this time. This is your month! I know it!

So I'm between shifts atm and i SHOULD be sleeping... Had 5-6 hrs so far and that not very restful. Tonight's gonna be TONS of fun. /eyeroll I'm about to give up on pretending I can sleep anymore and just go eat something. Have I mentioned how starving I am lately?? Honestly how much could such a tiny bean really need??

On a random side note - anyone else experienced decreased (or absent!) sex drive while the mirena was in?? Not a fan. That might be the one thing that keeps me from going back.

On a random side note - anyone else experienced decreased (or absent!) sex drive while the mirena was in?? Not a fan. That might be the one thing that keeps me from going back.

I definitely had zero sex drive while Mirena was in. OH *hated* it and we've already decided I won't be going back on it. I can't take the pill because of the risk of blood clots and having had them in the past and neither of us can stand condoms so we'll have to figure something else out. We both want a large family so it wouldn't be terrible to get pregnant again, but I really need to finish school and get my credentials first!

My sex drive was just fine with Mirena in. Stress is what gets in my way!

It looks like AF is already over for me. That was so weird. Way back in the day before BC it would last 8 or 9 days. This was a grand total of 4. I guess tomorrow I'll be getting another box of opks and moving to TTC #2. Ginger, it seems like our cycles are in sync. Who knew that could happen on the internet! haha

Nine days!? I'd go mad! Lol. Mine have always been 4 to 5 and no cramps so I've been pretty lucky!

Mine used to be a heavy 3-5 days, OR a light 7-9 days. I never knew which it was going to be though. Which was annoying.

@babyO - Wooo! I think it's singularly amusing that our cycles are synced. I hope we both conceive this month. With our synced cycles. :D

@panda - Oh man I remember how hungry I was all the time when I was pregnant with my daughter. Not so much with my son... but I was always ravenously hungry with my daughter.

And I hope you're right! I reallyreally hope it's my month...

My sex drive is higher now that my Mirena was removed... I didn't notice that it was lower while I had it, but I have certainly noticed since it's been removed. Haha, or maybe I'm just baby crazy and wanna make this happen so much and that's why it's increased so much! :D

OK! So guys... this is the downside of having a partner who is so involved and interested. Today he asked if he could check my cm with me. What he wanted was to help me examine it, and give me his opinion on what the quality/texture is like. I was like... ok I love how involved you are with all of this, but let's stick to you reading my OPKs and such, alright? I mean. It's not that I mind having conversations with him about my cm, but I dunno. Checking it with me is just a liiiiiiittle too far for me. ;)

:dohh: suddenly Im kind of glad mine doesn't want to know! But it is really lovely that he obviously really wants a baby too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->