The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Dreamers- Hooray for opk's!! I really need to buy some!! Never tried them before. I looked at Amazon... One-step or wondfo... Does it matter?

Babyo- she sounds horrible! ... Its not like he has some crazy reason not to have another. Sounds to me like she is selfish and makes rash decisions while he is looking out for his family as a whole. She seems to only be worried about herself.

Ginger- preseed is awesome! I used it when I conceived ds! can't wait to know what you think about it. You really can't tell the difference. Edens is right... the applicators are awesome. Good luck!

I used grapefruit juice this month... first time I got really nice ewcm in a while!!

Edens- I'm excited for your friday scan!

Afm- still occasionally getting color when I wipe. It's not spotty... And its not there every time i go to the bathroom. It's like... cm and its darker... Like (tmi alert) I peed and the cm got mixed with a tinge of brown/orange ish blood. Idk I can't explain it well. Lol af hasn't come on yet... I know she is coming tho!! It'd be really great if she would hurry!!

TMI alert!!!!

Going to try preseed tonight (after a few drinks). Will report back with results for those of you also considering this stuff. :)

Ginger- I have been thinking a lot about the lube issue as well. I almost bought pre-seed yesterday at Walgreen's but it was $23! My DH isn't into lube either, but I was thinking that it might not bother him because isn't it inserted into our special place with some kind of applicator? So it's different than traditional lube. Worth a shot, also I think you can order it for a better price online. One thing I found unsatisfactory about PS was that it has parabens on its list of ingredients. I have heard of something called yes, yes, yes that is supposed to be natural plus sperm friendly.
I have heard that saliva definitely does harm sperm, so get creative! Also, don't shower right before BD time. TMI: I plan to be thinking as many sexy thoughts as possible in order to get my own (forgive me for what I am about to type) juices flowing.

I will post more at lunch, boy how time flies when you are trying to type cohesive thoughts on an iPhone. :)

Re: Lube
I tried grapefruit juice this month and was AMAZED at the results! I got tons of EWCM (which I rarely ever got before) and didn't need any lube at all. It also moved my ovulation up from CD 17-18 to CD14. I have never o'd on CD14 before!! So excited! Just drink 1 glass (8oz) from when AF leaves until you o. Yes its not the greatest tasting and I wasn't in love with it but for just a small amount once a day I choked it down :D It also balances out the PH of your CM so its not hostile to sperm. All in all an awesome and cheap alternative (and all natural). Just make sure you take the 100% grapefruit juice and not the cocktail!

I tried FertileCM last month and while I liked it I have to say the grapefruit juice did a much better job!!

Wow.... grapefruit juice? Who woulda thunk. I love grapefruits and grapefruit juice. I'll have to keep this in mind for next time!

Hey! I have a question!

I've read in several books, articles, and I even read a whole study (not just the abstract!) about sperm & saliva. How saliva kills sperm, reduces motility, etc. Well. I have a conundrum.

My partner HATES lube. I mean. HATES it. With the fiery passion of 1,000 burning suns. He outright refuses to even discuss the possibility of using preseed or anything. We've always **TMI TMI TMI TMI** just performed oral before intercourse. Now we're not supposed to... so... suggestions?

I read in a couple of places that canola/grapeseed/olive oils might be a good alternative, but I can't find any research on it. And I don't think my partner would feel any differently about them than he does about lube. What about plain old water? I can't find any research on that either... but it's the first ingredient in preseed? Do you think it would thin out my cm too much, or effect his sperm? Haha, currently... things can get a little... um.. well not so comfortable, with nothing at all. o_O

Water = HUGE no-no. I also highly recommend the pre-seed... it has the same consistency as EWCM. Just insert a little bit yourself and it should feel just like "natural lube".

TMI alert!!!!

Going to try preseed tonight (after a few drinks). Will report back with results for those of you also considering this stuff. :)

GL!!!!

Ginger - Your chart looks great. I think its better to have less variation - its going to make your ovulation day clearer hopefully. And dont worry about temps, mine have varied from month to month quite a lot.

Taurus - Bad luck. Fingers crossed for this month

Rainy mama - I LOVE ff, its great, makes it really easy

Think I might have to try the grapefruit juice if no luck this month
OperationBabyo - make sure you let us know what you think of preseed, that will be next on the list

Experiment Operation Baby O Preseed was a success!!

I spent some time googling and the consensus seemed to be that 4g was a little much. I have never had (TMI alert) any issues with producing my own stuff so I was worried that if we used too much PS then FDH would have zero traction. Lol I opted to use 2g. That was enough that there wasn't even a need for foreplay! For me at least, less was more. The only comment FDH made was that it was more slippery than my normal. Also, it left a slightly slippery film on my thighs.

Overall we liked it!

GAAAAH!! I spoke too soon. My temp this morning spiked way way higher than it had been. Randomly. I also woke up with what might be the very beginning of a cold sore.. so maybe that's why? I can't have ovulated. All my OPKs were negative, my cm hasn't changed, I'm only CD10.

I just feel like, this happened last month too. I was hoping it wouldn't happen again. Last month FF thought I ovulated on CD12, but I didn't think I did... and it thought that because of erratic temps.

Anyway. Hopefully it was a fluke, and it'll go back to 'normal' tomorrow. Sigh.

Haha, I am so obsessive! Maybe one day, hopefully one day, I will be able to tell my yet-to-be-concived child about my silly obsessive journey in creating them. :)

@babyO - Ohhhh, thank you for sharing this info! It's very helpful for me. The stuff I ordered should be here today, so I might even secretly try it out tonight... I feel so sneaky! ;)

Oh yea - definitely don't use the whole amount they tell you too!! I don't get a lot of natural lube...it's like I have creamy cm 24/7 but never anything more than that so things get pretty dry and painful. Even then we only used maybe 1-2mL to keep things comfortable without getting insanely slippery! :)

Ginger - your chart is something else, lol! I did notice the little circle is white for today's temp - did you take it at a different time? I hope it comes back to "normal" so you have a clearer ov pattern!

Babyo- so glad you liked It!! I think I may order more alont with my opk's.

Af came full force this morning. The positive side is that before mirena and DS, my period was so irregular and I never knew when she was coming for sure. Since I've had my mirena removed I've had consistent 31 day cycles each month. That makes me super happy! They used to be 33-40+ days! !!! FX everyone!!! Maybe ill get that vday BFP!

So back to this grapefruit thing everyone has been talking about. I love everything grapefruit. I don't have any grapefruit juice, but I do eat one of those little cups of fresh grapefruit + drink the juice almost every day. Any idea if that would work? Also, do you have to start the juice from the beginning or could I start now, on CD10?

Oh yea - definitely don't use the whole amount they tell you too!! I don't get a lot of natural lube...it's like I have creamy cm 24/7 but never anything more than that so things get pretty dry and painful. Even then we only used maybe 1-2mL to keep things comfortable without getting insanely slippery! :)

Ginger - your chart is something else, lol! I did notice the little circle is white for today's temp - did you take it at a different time? I hope it comes back to "normal" so you have a clearer ov pattern!

I input 'illness' and 'sleep deprived' today, so I am assuming that's what the whit circle is about. I am not *sure* there is any illness... but it seems like the beginning of a cold sore. And I did only get three hours of sleep before I temped today. I just could not sleep last night. (more evidence of possibly maybe fighting off some kind of illness...)

It really is 'something else' isn't it? o_O

Hello girls, it's so lovely this sight is still thriving! I've been quietly stalking for months, I find it quite comforting reading through all your journeys.
Megarice, massive congratulations huni, Im so pleased for you xx

edens, big congrats to you on your bfp, fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9months xx
Congrats also for any other bfps Ive missed xx

Calasen hun I hope your ok x so sorry to read your very sad news x been thinking about you x

Im currently on my first cycle with clomid! Had lots of fertility tests done, things seem to be ok, just not catching that eggie for some reason, its refusing to implant! Soooo I was very interested to read about grapefruit juice! My cm is like water before ov, so hoping it might help a little! Also started raspberry leaf tea and supplement, meant to be good for uterine elasticity and strength.

Hope you guys don't mind me popping back here, can be insanely frustrating this ttc lark!!x

Of course we don't mind to see you back Lucy - we're glad to have you! I really hope Clomid works for you! :)

Welcome back, Lucy!

BabyO, so glad you like preseed! I loved it. Of course my method was a little different from most of you.... :haha:

Ginger, how frustrating! I really thought your body was going to get it together this month and be good. It looks like the exact same thing is happening as last month. UGH! FX'd your temp goes back down and you get a nice, predictable chart. And good luck on your Experiment For Science!

Thank you :) how are your symptoms going??

Alright so far. Had a bunch of cramps between week four and five, had an emergency scan last Thursday and saw the heartbeat. No spotting so that's good. Had major food aversions and some nausea from week five until two days ago and then it all disappeared. It's a welcome disappearance but slightly unnerving too so I'm looking forward to my next ultrasound tomorrow!

Check out my journal in my signature for more. I'm trying to keep my updates there instead of here... :)

Hopefully you all won't think this is terribly odd. But. My partner did a bunch of research, read some studies, and found that freaking canola oil of all things has no measurable effect on sperm... so he picked up some organic canola oil on his way home from work today. And 'surprised' me with it. It was... well. It worked! And he was ok with using it. So um. Yeah. o_O

I'm looking forward to getting the preseed in the mail tomorrow. Woo!

@panda - I have decided to not yet give up hope! I'll faithfully take my temp in the morning, and dagnabbit, it'll be *normal* and *stay* that way and I'll be able to know when I freaking *ovulated*. Harumph! :)

There is an ice storm hitting where I live tonight. It's supposed to be Big and Nasty. I am so ready for winter to give way to sunny afternoons and 80 degree breezes... sigh... dreams...

Lol. And I can't wait for winter!! It's freaking sunny 70s! Usually I'd love it but I work for a utility company! Come on people! Turn on your heaters so I can sell you some gas darnit!!!

@edens - HAHAHAAAA!!! Ok. I suppose I can consider that a valid reason for wanting winter weather. ;)

They were not kidding about this ice storm though, holy crap. It's *frigid* out there. It was 10 degrees F when my partner left for work this morning, and there was ice falling on him from the sky. Ice should not fall from the sky. It's positively unnatural. O_O

My temp sure did drop this morning. It dropped right down to way too low. Doggone it. C'mon reproductive system. We can do it. We can have nice even temps and a nice easy to interpret chart. I have faith in us. Lets work together, you and I. Alright? Sound like a plan?

I think I am going to spend the majority of my day baking. I don't even know, or care, what I am baking. Just anything I can come up with to bake. It's. So. Mightily. Cold. *shiver*

ginger ... maybe a pre-ov drop? Maybe?? Except that would mean your body being nice and predictable and working with you so who knows... ;)

Ice storms are awful, but I looove the aftermath.... when everything is glistening and all covered in ice. Yummy.

I'm actually going to get off my tush and go to the gym this morning. Wish me luck. I've been so lazy and hungry I gained 5 lbs already... ugh. I'm almost looking forward to morning sickness so I can stop eating so much. :(

Oh god girls :( I really need a time out from TTc right now, so please don't worry if I am missing in action for a while, I just can't cope right now. I have my grandmothers funeral on monday and have managed to avoid dealing with the miscarriage completely so far so thats gonna hit hard and soon I can feel it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->