The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Calasen I'm pretty sure my progesterone dips a few days before af, I start spotting every month at 8dpo. I've just taken my first round of clomid, and omg did I ovulate! Twice!! So good luck to you with that! My blood tests show my progesterone. Levels as fine, but I'm convinced it drops. So I've bought some cream online, going to start it as soon as it comes to see if it stops the spotting!! Progesterone probs are most definitely easy to sort out though hun. Xx

Rainy I can assure you your not the only symptom spotting freak, I'm right up there lol!! Even today, at 3dpo, I'm thrilled that my nipples are insanely painful, even though I know my lil eggs are still travelling down my lil tubes and nowhere near my uterus lmao!!!!
Um a frer is definitely one of the most sensitive tests, though the others are good. As for opks, I can't say iv got much faith in them tbh, in all my time testing, I've never once had a positive, though you look through my charts, I clearly ovulate, my temps spike. And blood tests have confirmed I do to. So I stopped using them, they stressed me out too much!!xx

OMG I don't know whether to be angry or happy right now. Just got back from the doctors for a completely unrelated matter and he decided to recheck the last few blood tests I had done by a different doctor to check the levels of something, and just happened to notice that my progeterone levels, which I have been told since we started TTC were normal, were in fact extremely low!!!!!! apprently a normal level is between 8-20 ng/ml, mine are less then 2!!!!!!!

So the miscarriage must have been a very rare occurence for me!! :(

I am very angry at my last doctor and debating filing a complaint, but very happy with new doctor and he has arranged for me to get a new test done and if that again is low then will put me on clomid. He's also sending OH for seman analysis as soon as my bloods come back. Now to wait on the :witch: to visit to go further.

My only issue now is if I complain about last doctor then I may lose new doctor, who is an expert in my health condition, as they are in the same practice :(

Hey hun, I'm glad you're liking the new dr better but I'm quite confused why he'd tell you low progesterone would keep you from ovulating. High progesterone keeps you from ovulating hence why the depo shot is comprised of only progesterone. Estrogen and FSH promote ovulation and those levels should increase up until ovulation. Once ovulation occurs, progesterone is created by the ovum to create a sustainable environment for implantation. Prior to ovulation, progesterone should be between 0.5 and 2.3. After ovulation it should be between 2.0 to 25.0 though doctors prefer to see it around 10-25. And then it decreases around 10-14dpo so AF will return.

My progesterone levels are low. At 7dpo, it was 10.5 but at 17dpo, it had dropped to 8 when it should have been well above 20. That's why I started taking progesterone pills to sustain the pregnancy. I have to insert 200mg pills vaginally twice per day until 10 weeks when the placenta is supposed to take over progesterone production.

How many DPO or what CD were you when you had the progesterone draw?

CD21
Boob report: Mild tenderness. Not painful, but they don't feel normal. I wore a really uncomfortable bra yesterday so that's probably why. I smashed my sisters!!!
CM report: It's just kind of white looking. I've also confirmed the fact that I'm in no way interested in checking out my CM on a frequent basis.
GI report: The chili effect has finally worn off.

OMG I don't know whether to be angry or happy right now. Just got back from the doctors for a completely unrelated matter and he decided to recheck the last few blood tests I had done by a different doctor to check the levels of something, and just happened to notice that my progeterone levels, which I have been told since we started TTC were normal, were in fact extremely low!!!!!! apprently a normal level is between 8-20 ng/ml, mine are less then 2!!!!!!!

So the miscarriage must have been a very rare occurence for me!! :(

I am very angry at my last doctor and debating filing a complaint, but very happy with new doctor and he has arranged for me to get a new test done and if that again is low then will put me on clomid. He's also sending OH for seman analysis as soon as my bloods come back. Now to wait on the :witch: to visit to go further.

My only issue now is if I complain about last doctor then I may lose new doctor, who is an expert in my health condition, as they are in the same practice :(

Hey hun, I'm glad you're liking the new dr better but I'm quite confused why he'd tell you low progesterone would keep you from ovulating. High progesterone keeps you from ovulating hence why the depo shot is comprised of only progesterone. Estrogen and FSH promote ovulation and those levels should increase up until ovulation. Once ovulation occurs, progesterone is created by the ovum to create a sustainable environment for implantation. Prior to ovulation, progesterone should be between 0.5 and 2.3. After ovulation it should be between 2.0 to 25.0 though doctors prefer to see it around 10-25. And then it decreases around 10-14dpo so AF will return.

My progesterone levels are low. At 7dpo, it was 10.5 but at 17dpo, it had dropped to 8 when it should have been well above 20. That's why I started taking progesterone pills to sustain the pregnancy. I have to insert 200mg pills vaginally twice per day until 10 weeks when the placenta is supposed to take over progesterone production.

How many DPO or what CD were you when you had the progesterone draw?

I don't know anymore :( am very confused - the last test was done at 21 days and next one will be too.

They were looking at the levels as it looks like this has been a long term thing and has been the cause on many of my health issues :(

Hmm, I'm sorry hun. :( I know I never ovulate on CD14 so dr told me to come in 7 days after confirmed ovulation instead of CD21 and that's when my levels came back at 10.5 and "confirmed I'd ovulated". Then the dr just happened to do another progesterone test at 17dpo without even telling me and when I saw the lower results I freaked out and basically demanded a progesterone supplement.

@edens - If you don't mind sharing, how long was your LP? Haha, I'm obsessing about mine... so with you having said you have low progesterone, I'm now curious. Cause I mean. You totally have a little bean in there! :D

@babyO - Dude. I totally poked my boobs last month. I mean, I'd go about my daily day things trying to subtly squeeze my boobs with the sides of my arms so no one would notice me obsessing how full/firm/tender they were. I kinda thought I was a little crazy... but you know. I feel better now. Cause at least we're *both* a little crazy! :p

Do you any of you guys get a little bit of dull cramping when you ovulate?

Ginger- oh hell yea! Every month I have a lil discomfort, but this month it was really painful!! Tell you what too, my cervix gets really uncomfortable, bd'ing is really tender :-( and (tmi) I get massively constipated!! Really bloated!! Just for three days! Sorry guys lol. I just don't know why, it's really weird!!

I am too a big fan of the old subtle boob poke!!!!

Calasen- good luck figuring all if this out. Sounds maddeningly confusing. I am so happy for you, though that you are working with a dr. Who is at least acknowledging that something's not right and wants to help you. Keep us updated!
Lucy- glad to know I am not alone! It is cruel of nature to have impending AF symptoms be virtually the same as pregnancy. Boooo!
Babyo- I was wondering about your boobs! My husband tends to agree that poking them repeatedly will make them tender. But I am poking other parts of my body and they are not tender. Like my arm for example.
Ginger- lately no ov pain for me, but i used to get ov pain pre mirena. I hear lots of women do.
Dreamers- how are you feeling?

@edens - If you don't mind sharing, how long was your LP? Haha, I'm obsessing about mine... so with you having said you have low progesterone, I'm now curious. Cause I mean. You totally have a little bean in there! :D

@babyO - Dude. I totally poked my boobs last month. I mean, I'd go about my daily day things trying to subtly squeeze my boobs with the sides of my arms so no one would notice me obsessing how full/firm/tender they were. I kinda thought I was a little crazy... but you know. I feel better now. Cause at least we're *both* a little crazy! :p

Do you any of you guys get a little bit of dull cramping when you ovulate?

My LP wasn't really affected actually so I don't know if the low progesterone was something new or what. My LP was *always* 14 days with no spotting between periods. One cycle I was sick and never really did confirm when ovulation occured but FF placed it with a 12 day LP but if I go by the day I had ovulation pain, it would have been an 8 day LP. All the others were 14 though... So :shrug:

Calasen--Yay for getting answers!! Hopefully this Doc will be proactive about getting things done for you. Tell him/her there are a bunch of ladies at baby and bump who will have his head if he/she doesn't!

LP obsession folks....AHHHHHHHHHH MEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just spend the last 30 minutes at work googling it. No joke. I'm convinced I ov late and therefore don't have a long enough LP for implantation. My new google obsession is about opks an ovulation but my stupid iphone won't play the video so I have to wait until I get home and have speakers to watch it. Oh wait, NM. I got it to play. The O occurs 12 to 60 hours after the first OPK. (Thanks for narrowing that window down Mr. Infertility Doctor). I found the video on empowerher.com.

Which leaves me OBSESSING about this random super sharp pinch I felt in the lower part of my pelvis on Saturday. I had never felt that before. I hadn't eaten the chili yet.:haha:]

after the first OPK? hmmm, I think everyone must be different and of course, my body would be one of the screwy ones! lol

Because I always got 3-4 days of positive OPKs and only got my temp shift either on the day of the last positive or the day after...well actually I guess 60 hours after the first positive opk would be about 2.5 days so *maybe* I'm not too abnormal?? lol

They were always DARK positives too so it wasn't like I was uber optimistic and imagining my positives, lol!

I assume what he thinks is happening is that the opk is measuring the peak. Which, it may not. The line will be the same as long as we have enough LH floating around regardless of whether we are on the upswing or downswing of the peak. It's all just positive.

](*,)

Hmmm, have no idea.
Have managed to avoid POAS today so far. Ive convinced myself if I get BFP on 13DPO it will be unlucky
And BFN on 12 DPO when i was really dehyrdrated - so pretty unlikely
AF due Thursday if I got O day right
Thought my boobs were less swollen and sore today and thought PMS might disappear as AF round the corner but DH just asked me to do something and I snapped at him, and called him a nasty name under my breath. He just came in to my office (exam in 21 days) to ask if I wanted any chocolate and I had a go at him for disturbing my study (even though Im actually on B&B)!
Yep, think the PMS is still here :evil:

How is everyone else?

I wish I had been feeling myself up more often before this tww. This could be how my breasts feel normally.
I ate split pea soup last night for dinner, Babyo, I am now experiencing the "chili effect".

Rainy--hahahahahahaha Welcome to the chili club.

Dreamers--So annoying that PMS and PG can act like the same thing.

Evening Boob Report: No change.

In other news. I broke down. I bought the Target version of FRER tonight. If I ov'ed near the beginning of the + opk then today is DPO7 maybe? My goal is to make it to the weekend, well Sunday. I'll probably break down on Thursday or Friday though.

9 dpo and took a FRER today- bfn. Will try again soon. Tonight, like a lunatic? Perhaps. Even though it is early it is just so heart wrenching to see that stark white space next to the control line. The control line is showing off- boasting about how dark and pink she is. So rude. :(
My temp is still up, but at 9 dpo it wouldn't be going down yet, pregnant or not.
I am so disappointed!

I'm so sorry rainy! I have learned to hate the stark white space too! We can all start a club called the--I Hate The White Space Club.

Hi, I am Amy and we are TTC. I had my Mirena removed after 3 years (?) , maybe 2.5 yrs. We have a 3.5 yr. old, and on my Mirena had no period - this past December something was there (brown), Mirena came out 1/4 and trying . . . Trying!!!

Welcome Amy/is it! This is an amazingly supportive and entertaining group of women! Nice to have you on board. :)

Babyo- I feel like the president if the I Hate White Space/ I Ate Too Many Legumes Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->