The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

But legumes are so delicious! How can you not eat too many? White space is not delicious or entertaining. In fact, I'd venture to say that White Space Next To The Control Line? It has not one redeeming quality to speak of. There ought to be a law. *nods*

Ok so I think I ovulated yesterday after all. Maybe? What do you guys think? I mean, other than thinking I am a obsessive, paranoid, and annoying. ;)

I'm still stuck on this whole 8 day LP garbage. Gah. You know, I went through like 100 charts on FF with 'short luteal phase' and 'late ovulation' tagged on them, with successful pregnancies. Just to make myself not freak out. It gave me enough peace of mind that I can now stop and think 'Ok lady, these people did it. It's not impossible. It happens.' But then I think 'Ok but that doesn't mean it'll happen to *you*'.

Moving happens in FOUR DAYS OMG. Am I packed? Oh no. I am not. I am too busy looking though 100 charts on FF to make myself feel better to have packed! o_O Well. That, and I had to buy an oven, carpet, get all of the utilities transferred. And still run a household with two kids and such that doesn't stop just because I'm moving. But! My partner took the rest of the week off starting tomorrow, so *hopefully* we'll knock it out together. :)

How about you guys? How is everyone?

Hey Amy, welcome to the thread!! Where are you in your cycle now??

Ginger its hard to tell from your chart whether you've ov'd. Its a clear temp rise for definite. If your temp stays up tomorrow, it might be an idea to try and disregard the huge temp spike you had earlier in the cycle, ff might be able to see a more subtle temp rise as ov? Might be worth a try?? I don't envy you moving at all, soooooo stressful!!

Im in trouble, Im logged into amazon, with far too many things in the basket, ALL fertility stuff!! Im going to cave and get some cheap tests as well I think:wacko:, don't want to get all obsessed again though:nope: Also, sooo excited, my progesterone cream arrived today:happydance:, so first dose tonight!! I am so determined not to spot this cycle, might even stick a cork up there lmao!! I just want to have a normal cycle, so I know all the hundreds of things Im doing and taking to prepare my body are not completely in vain!!!

How's everything going girlies??

Amy - welcome

Rainy & operation - I know, I was just staring at that stupid white space this morning, wishing for it to go away and then swearing at it!

Ginger - I think it looks pretty clear you ovulated yesterday, as long as its stays up for the next couple of days. Remember, just because you had an 8 day LP last month (1st month after mirena came out, wasnt it?) doesnt mean it will be the same this month

Lucy - IC are good. Except theyre always negative. But then so are all the other tests Ive tried

AFM - BFN 14 dpo (I think) AF due tomorrow. So Im probably out. Not upset just pissed off that this has to be such a pain in the arse. I need to stay in my job to reap the rewards of fantastic maternity pay and would otherwise move on at the beginning of next year. How long will I be stuck in limbo? Im meeting my family in Hawaii as I haven't seen them since the wedding and really wanted to be pregnant then so I got to tell them in person.

As for next month - think Im going to limit temping from days 6 - ovulation confirmed, start OPKs the 1st day of non-period, start drinking whole milk (normally drink 1/2 fat, there is one study that says reduced fat milk can reduce fertility). Anyone else got ideas for me to make this the month?

Hey there 2012! Welcome to our little corner!

Ginger--does is help to think about the fact that all your girlie parts worked before? I'm no help with your chart since I don't...but if there's no BFP for me this month I'm getting on the temp bandwagon. It drives me crazy not knowing when I ov'd.

lucy--I'm running around my office right now doing the no spotting chant for you.

afm...
Boob Report: Nada. Zilch. Zero. No change. I even had my friend at work poke on them to make sure. (We are nurse practitioners, poking body parts at work is normal. Unfortunately I am not the kind of NP that knows anything about baby making. I work in oncology with a bunch old dudes for patients so yeah...not my area of expertise.)

Legume report: I'm avoiding them now.

I put my HPTs on the back of the toilet so I can stare at them. I'm waiting until Saturday. (hahaha ok, who am I kidding. Thursday is as far as I'm going to make it.)

Baby dreamers I'm sorry about the bfn :-( you're not out though till af shows so keep those fingers an toes crossed!

Operation thanks, I might join in!!!!
Have I missed the legume joke??????

Loving how our tickers are saying '12 days untill testing' , bless them, so naive!!!!!

Rainy--I gave up and bought more!

In other news: FDH just admitted he reads baby and bump!! Lol

Ya'll make me giggle!! Love reading your posts ladies! More later, hate being on with my phone!

Lucy- so far I think your chart looks good, quite an obvious thermal shift in my opinion.

The legume joke started with babyo's consumption of chili which resulted in grassiness. Then I took up where she left off by eating split pea soup for 2 meals.

I am off to pee on a stick. I get so anxious!

Good luck Rainy!!! I'll be sitting here waiting to hear how the stick experience went!

And I hate to keep talking about my GI system, but I've been having to go #2 like an obsessive amount. As in, a few times a day. This is NOT normal for me. Once a day, yes. Multiple times? No. OMG what is wrong with my body!!!???

My temp was still up this morning! Woo! I think I ovulated this month. :D

So now I am focusing on reminding myself that hey, my body totally produced ewcm, AND it ovulated. That's awesome! Because... well. I just don't think there is any real chance we'll conceive this month. Maaaaaaaybe next month I'll ovulate earlier. I'm drinking my weight in grapefruit juice, and taking a good B complex. We'll see. :)

@dreamers & babyO - My Mirena was removed on Nov 1st. So the January cycle is the 2nd since removal. In Dec, I had a very heavy and long af, in Jan it was super light and short. It helps some to know that I have had a couple of kids before... but then I start in with the 'but that was pre Mirena' worry. I dunno. I know I'm a little batty. I just feel like I'm running out of time to have another child. I'm almost 34. :/

@dreamers - Hawaii sounds like it'll be nice though! Maybe the holiday will relieve a lot of stress for you. When're you going?

My internet & cable television are up and running at my new house today. Tomorrow the carpet gets installed. Friday the appliances get delivered. And packing? Yeah... It's not going all that well. But that's ok! My partner is getting a lot done. Even if I'm just at the house waiting for people to be done with what they're doing all day. o_O

I accidentally bought a blue dye test! Damn it!
Aren't they less reliable? I see a faint line it came up in less than a minute. I had only held my pee for 3.5 hours since I HAD to pee at 3:30 am.
Temp is slightly up. I have to pee now and it has only been 2.5 hours. My assistant will be in from 10-2 I will try to hold it till after he leaves then I will use a $tree which is pink dye and hopefully my pee will be concentrated. But I am thirsty! My cervix feels weird!
I took a pic but I don't know how to post. Also it is hardly visible.

Haha, I don't feel like 34 is old per se... but I know I don't want to have babies much older than I am now. I feel young and spry! But yeah. My baby-making years are fast coming to a close. I think women can and should have babies for as long as they want to and are able, but for me... yeah. This is our last year. It's kinda bittersweet. :)

Aren't they less reliable? I see a faint line it came up in less than a minute. I had only held my pee for 3.5 hours since I HAD to pee at 3:30 am.
Temp is slightly up. I have to pee now and it has only been 2.5 hours. My assistant will be in from 10-2 I will try to hold it till after he leaves then I will use a $tree which is pink dye and hopefully my pee will be concentrated. But I am thirsty! My cervix feels weird!

:happydance: Fingers and toes crossed for you! Sounds VERY promising

Ginger - temp chart is looking really good! Its hard not to worry about having left it too late, but we have to remember women still have babies in their 40s, some by accident! Good luck for this month. Are your antibiotics safe in pregnancy - I suppose you'll be finished with them before implantation anyway? :thumbup:

:happydance: Fingers and toes crossed for you! Sounds VERY promising

Ginger - temp chart is looking really good! Its hard not to worry about having left it too late, but we have to remember women still have babies in their 40s, some by accident! Good luck for this month. Are your antibiotics safe in pregnancy - I suppose you'll be finished with them before implantation anyway? :thumbup:

Thanks for the encouragement. :) It really means a lot to me, as sappy and trite as it might sound, to have all of you guys to talk to. It helps so much, I feel understood and supported. I hope all of us do!

I'm just taking amoxicillian. It's safe for pregnancy. I made sure to tell the Dr loudly and repeatedly that I was ttc, and I needed to make sure whatever they gave me was safe for pregnancy. Haha, I hope he didn't think I was looney! :D

@rainy - Ohhh, that *does* sound promising! I am hoping so hard for you! All of my digits are crossed! (it makes it hard to type, but I'll totally make the sacrifice for you :p)

Rainy, I hope it's a :bfp: for you! Blue dyes are thought to be less reliable because they're known for false positives/evap lines but try a pink dye test soon! How many dpo are you?

Ginger - that definitely looks like an ovulation shift, woohoo!! :happydance: Don't count yourself out yet in the age department. I don't remember the exact statistics my dr gave to me but it's something like over 90% over 35 get pregnant within two years. I know you don't want to get too much older, I get that completely, but commit to two years trying. :)

Thank you ginger, I will test in about 45 minutes. My bladder is so confused and upset right now!

Ginger thats great that you seem to have ov'd!!! Body's slowly getting back to normal :) and 34 is definitely NOT old lol, Im 35!!! The age and ttc thing does bother me a bit though, Id like to have a couple more, but this one is none too keen on coming!!! Lots of PMA though, we'll get there xx

Rainy thats so exciting!!!!!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you! Ill be waiting up till you post your result!!! Though you may need to wait for fmu to get an accurate result xx

The $tree pink dye I just took was definitely negative. Sigh. I still think the stupid blue dye could be positive.
I have one more first response but after that I only have $tree so I will definitely wait until tomorrow. I am considering waiting until Friday. Maybe I will use the $tree tomorrow just so I can satisfy my urge to pee on something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->