The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

DARN rainy, I was so hoping you got your bfp!! How many dpo are you? (You need a ticker, lol!)

Update- I have not read much about women encountering evaps as quickly as I did, 30-45 seconds after test hit stream. That said, positive results are not this skinny. Thus it is not positive, in fact, I am positive that it's negative.

I am so naive!

Oh poo Rainy. I was hoping for a BFP for you too! Day 10 is still really early to get a BFP though isn't it?

afm...I'm starting to feel like AF is on her way. Dang that cursed aunt!!

Some sadness on my end. I'm definitely spotting a little. :( I knew it felt like AF. ~sniffle~

Darn it! And I had test ready to go and everything!!

Some sadness on my end. I'm definitely spotting a little. :( I knew it felt like AF. ~sniffle~

Darn it! And I had test ready to go and everything!!

Aren't you only on cd23-ish? Are your cycles super short? If not... could it be... maybe implantation? I mean. I know I sure as heck do not want to get my hopes up just to go to the bathroom a day or two later and see full on stupid stupid af. But could it be maybe possible?

*hugs* regardless.

OMG guys. I have had the worst migraine all day. I really want to sleep, but the grayness at the edges of my vision, the upset tummy, the feeling of falling when I close my eyes, and the extreme pain and feeling of being stabbed with a white hot searing ice pick directly in my orbital lobe is keeping me from it. Grumble! Whine! Pout!

Haha. But at least I have mindless horrible awful reality television programming to distract me. ;)

Babyo- I agree with the spotting. Could be our friend imPlantation bleeding! What do you think?
Ginger- sorry about the migraine. Feel better soon!

I am exactly CD23. DPO8. I can't be 100% on my cycle length because I've only had one real cycle. I did keep track of it last month via opk and my cycle was 28 days. or so I think.

I don't want to get my hopes up. My intestines are going haywire, which is a normal AF thing and it feels like someone is taking an ice pick to my uterus. It fluctuates between ice pick and dull cramps. I'm not going to get all excited. I started spotting DPO11 last month.

Sorry about your migraine. :( and ice pick to the orbit....ouch. Blame moving!!!

operation babyo - hmmm, maybe. Def seems too early for AF. But dont get your hopes up if you spotted this time last month. Promising though

Babyo - dont worry, was that 2nd 1 1st morning urine? 10 dpo is still early, and its not unusual for ladies to get + - + depending on concentration of urine early on

AFM - Im still waiting for AF to arrive. Due today or Saturday depending on whether I've got my ovulation day correct. I picked up some evening primrose to try next cycle. I also ordered some preseed but dont think it will get here on time and will be for cycle after that. Hopefully i will have wasted my money! I feel like Ive got to try something different each cycle to feel like Im progressing.

DARN rainy, I was so hoping you got your bfp!! How many dpo are you? (You need a ticker, lol!)

10 dpo. How do i get a ticker? :)

I like the ones at lilypie.com. They're easy to create and update monthly so they're accurate. countdowntopregnancy.com has some too. And I think thebump.com also has some. :)

Once you create it on their site, just cope the UBB code and come to your BnB control panel and put it into your signature.

So if the first day of your LMP were Jan 3rd (just guessing?), it would be like this:

[ url=https://lilypie.com ][ img ] https://lt1f.lilypie.com/emyCm8.png [ /img ][ /url ] (without all the spaces)

to show up like this:

https://lt1f.lilypie.com/emyCm8.png

I got crosshairs! Yay! I knew I ovulated on cd21. Too bad I have a 29-30 day cycle... maybe by next month all of the b vitamins I've been taking for the last two months will do something to lengthen my LP.

I'm NOT getting it into my head that pregnancy is even a possibility this month. I'm going to keep trying to focus on being happy that I had ewcm, and a positive opk. I refuse to test, dagnabbit. (I have no idea how long I'll last on this resolution) I refuse to symptom spot. (migraines 2dpo are not signs, ginger's brain! shut. up!) I will relax and calmly wait for af to show up next week. (and then most likely cry when she does... but hopefully not as much as last month!)

The carpet guy will be here soon to install my new carpet. Woo! I'm super excited. After more than a year of owning this house, it's finally starting to feel like a home. And lucky for me, my partner doesn't mind packing the apartment and being on kid-duty while I try to savour my very last two days of completely alone time, while we still have two residences. :)

Also. I am so over winter. Boo. Hiss. Where is my sunshine and 80 degree F temps?

How is everyone?

After this morning, I can say that this is NOT implantation bleeding. This is that nasty relative I didn't want to see.

My girlie parts are broken. :cry: (I'm actually in tears in my office right now. Gah. I've got to pull it together because I have my own patients to see today.)

I called my mid-wife's office this morning and left a message. I don't see the point in letting this continue to drag out when I'm spotting DPO8 for two months in a row now (DPO9 is "heavy spotting"--requires the use of girlie products, and DPO10 is freaking Niagara Falls...Woo! Can't wait for DPO10 tomorrow!)

Babyo- sounds like a baby burrowing into your womb!
Dreamers- EPO plus preseed sounds like a recipe for successful swimmers!
Edens- I will get on that! I will try to attach my chart as well. Maybe that will cheer me up...
I got a BFN, 11dpo/cd27. My temp dropped from 98.8 to 98.6 but I took it 30 mins early.
I am out of FRERs now. I will likely take a $tree tomorrow. I might buy more FRERs to take Sunday/Monday obviously only if no AF.

@babyO - I am so sorry. Puh. I was really hoping this was your month. I hope your midwife sees you directly, and you guys figure things out. *hugs hugs hugs* I know it's... well. For me it's been devastating every time af has come. I've felt guilty, broken, extremely sad. You're not alone. Hopefully that helps some. :)

@rainy - Dude! I wanna stalk your chart! Do it do it!

My beautiful little conure, Juneau, is hanging out with me while the carpet is installed today. He does not like the carpet being installed noises. Not even a little bit. Hehe. It's adorable.

Babyo- I am sooooooooo bummed for you. Update us as soon as you learn anything from your midwife. Good luck with your patients, I know it's hard to put on a brave face.

Ginger- I don't know how! I will learn! I am using tcoyf.com

Hey all--I got tired of waiting for the mid-wife nurse to call me back so I am now hounding my PCP. She's also an NP and I've been with her for several years so I sort of trust her more to listen to me and get the ball rolling. I personally think two months of spotting by 8 DPO and AF 10 DPO is enough to justify progesterone testing. But I'll have to wait and see what she thinks.

I mean really though, what is waiting another 4 or 5 months going to do? LP's don't change!!!

Yep, I completely agree BabyO! And Ginger, you could think about going in for testing too if your LP stays short again this cycle!

I'm currently looking for another Doc in order to do just that, Edens! :) My doc, who I really have adored up until this point, refuses to order the labs until we've been ttc for at *least* 9 months. She's not an OB or anything though. I haven't actually seen an OB since I moved here several years ago. I've had my annuals done at planned parenthood, and been perfectly content with that. I know it sounds silly to be looking for a doc *after* we've been ttc... but I know who I want to see when we do get our BFP. She just ONLY sees pregnant & postpartum (for a year) patients, other than your initial two consults with her. So I've gotta wait to start seeing her. I didn't think we'd have a need for anyone other than my GP until after we conceived...

Incidentally, my GP told me, when I called her about having these labs done initially, that some women take 'a few' cycles post Mirena to have 'more normal' LPs. She said it has to do with the synthetic progesterone the Mirena was releasing? I dunno. This is the first I've heard of this, so I have no idea. It's another reason she doesn't want to do the labs yet though. She wants to give me more time post Mirena to 'even out on my own'.

Anyway! Looking for a doc to do the labs next month. I agree with babyO. No reason to sit around twiddling my thumbs if I have a clear pattern of 8 day LP. *nods*

My mid-wife called me back! Yay! :happydance:

I'm going to do the progesterone testing next cycle (CD21). She didn't say anything about the synthetic progesterone doing squat. Her concern, other than my super short LP, was the fact that both cycles have only been 25 days. That's way too short and also not normal. Also, I have CIN II and I elected to postpone having that treated until I had one baby. Given my 25 day cycle, spotting on DPO8, and CIN II with no treatment, she agreed to go ahead and let me do the progesterone testing.

It's not like it's expensive and I need to have my cholesterol checked anyway. What's one more vile once I've been jabbed? I pay out of pocket for lab testing anyway (only lab costs, no copay, etc.) so I say bring it on.

Apparently I'll have a couple of months worth of progesterone testing to get the big picture and we'll go from there.

It probably also helps that I graduated from nursing school with my mid-wife. :thumbup:

ginger--I'm going to look up what your doc said on pubmed. Not to diss on PCPs, but they aren't experts in everything and I know they don't have time to keep up with everything that's been published. Which is why I keep up with what I need to know for me. I'll let you know what I find.

UPDATE: I found nothing in the literature about what you doc said ginger. :shrug: I have no idea what she was talking about. My providers know I'm an NP , so they typically tell me stuff like that. If you are worried about conceiving past the age of 34 find a new health care provider. Sure, you *might* return to normal after 9 months (I mean, I see the logical side to her statement) but if that puts you outside of your comfort range, then what was the point of waiting?

My mid-wife called me back! Yay! :happydance:

I'm going to do the progesterone testing next cycle (CD21). She didn't say anything about the synthetic progesterone doing squat. Her concern, other than my super short LP, was the fact that both cycles have only been 25 days. That's way too short and also not normal. Also, I have CIN II and I elected to postpone having that treated until I had one baby. Given my 25 day cycle, spotting on DPO8, and CIN II with no treatment, she agreed to go ahead and let me do the progesterone testing.

It's not like it's expensive and I need to have my cholesterol checked anyway. What's one more vile once I've been jabbed? I pay out of pocket for lab testing anyway (only lab costs, no copay, etc.) so I say bring it on.

Apparently I'll have a couple of months worth of progesterone testing to get the big picture and we'll go from there.

It probably also helps that I graduated from nursing school with my mid-wife. :thumbup:

ginger--I'm going to look up what your doc said on pubmed. Not to diss on PCPs, but they aren't experts in everything and I know they don't have time to keep up with everything that's been published. Which is why I keep up with what I need to know for me. I'll let you know what I find.

UPDATE: I found nothing in the literature about what you doc said ginger. :shrug: I have no idea what she was talking about. My providers know I'm an NP , so they typically tell me stuff like that. If you are worried about conceiving past the age of 34 find a new health care provider. Sure, you *might* return to normal after 9 months (I mean, I see the logical side to her statement) but if that puts you outside of your comfort range, then what was the point of waiting?

Thanks for this! I have several friends who are (not medical) Dr's, but are biologists of various sorts. Generally, I ask them things like that, but we're being... circumspect about making our ttc general knowledge within our friends groups. I really appreciate the accurate information. I felt like my doc was not taking me seriously from the start. :)

I'm so glad your midwife got back to you so quickly, and you're going to be able to have the labs done! Yay! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->