The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Hi everyone

Im Maddie, just turned 40

Have decided to ttc baby no3

Had mirena for 3 yrs

had it taken out July 11
then had another put in September and Ive just had that one out 15 days ago

Ive had a day or two of what I can only describe as brown stuff and that only lasted a day

So, im just waiting for my first cycle to happen

Im hoping it wont be too long

I have a clearblue fertility monitor all ready to go

Good luck everyone and huge congrats to those of you whoare now pregnant or who have given birth

Maddie xxxx

Welcome Maddie- I hope your first cycle happens soon! I had some "withdrawal bleeding" as some call it about a week after I had Mirena removed. 28 days later I had my first AF.
That was New Years Eve, and now 4 Saturdays later AF has arrived for me again. That's right ladies, officially! I am sad to see her, but also so impressed with how regular my cycles are!

Also really excited to start BD-ing again!

Babyo-I am thinking about getting some stockings!
Dreamers- regarding whole milk, if you eat other dairy I heard you should make sure that is not reduced fat as well. Yogurt, for example. Also, are you drinking/eating organic?

What do you all know about the Sperm Meets Egg Plan?

Here is my to do list this cycle:
walk everyday-all cycle
eat well everyday (obvious healthy food, only organic dairy and meat, little to no soy, greens powder daily, little to no refined sugar) -all cycle (except AF related snacking-organic as well- just for today and tomorrow!)
no alcohol- all cycle (though maybe one unit of alcohol tonight to celebrate AF)
cut down to 1/2 cup coffee/day (currently at about 3/4 cup/day)
hydrate- all cycle
prenatal/b-complex- all cycle
good sleep-all cycle! *sleep in complete darkness until CD14 and then introduce light per the lunaception theory for 2 nights
maca- after AF
decaf green tea- after AF
castor oil packs- a few times/wk after AF until CD10
temp until confirmed Ov (then I might stop because it just upsets me to watch those beautiful high temps start to lower)
OPKs
Pre-seed? UGH I hate to put those parabens in my special place, but I also want to be friendly to my sperm friends!

This month with a reliable thermometer and OPKs I think I will have much better timing. I am super excited that DH seems in it to win it.
My immediate plan, go shopping at Whole Foods for dates, bacon, almonds, cheese puffs and ice cream. Get DS back in his bed tonight!
:happydance:

Hi Maddie! Welcome to this little corner of super-supportive-slightly-crazy-lady-people! :) I'm also ttc #3. I hope your cycle regulates itself soon.

@lucy - I had also sworn up and down that I would never ever move again unless we hired movers to do it for us. Then paying rent on an apartment + mortgage on a house for more than 12 months kind of stuck us into a financial situation in which I didn't really think it's the best idea to pay someone else to move for me. Sigh. Being responsible and grown up sometimes sucks!

@babyO - OMG my fingers are crossed so hard for you right now.

Also. Bacon wrapped dates sound freaking delicious. I'm thinking they'd also be delicious with tempeh bacon, rolled in sea salt, topped with a drizzle of really good balsamic. Mmm. I'll make them when we're settled in, and let you know how they turned out!

@rainy - My fingers are also crossed so hard for you right now! I hope the stick is a deceitful worm, and told you vile untruths.

I am currently taking a break from moving things and unpacking things, to have some OMG delicious butternut squash soup. Today has been... a day. Yeah. It's been a day.

We've had the most BIZARRE weather for our moving day. It was snowing, then there was a hail storm. After that it was BRIGHT sunshine. Then freezing rain. Then sleet. Then regular hard driving rain, accompanied by thunder and lightning! It went back to BRIGHT sunshine... and now it's snowing again. And OMG it's super super windy. My partner says we're moving on on Dooms Day. He seems to think this is good luck.

I'm crampy today. And I have a WHOLE HUGE TON of creamy cm. I'm also utterly exhausted, but I mean. I'm in the middle of moving, so that's to be expected. And I am doing my damnedest to not symptom spot like a mad woman. I'm only 5dpo.

Haha. I'll take a test on Monday though... if af hasn't shown up yet. Which I know will be bfn. But I know myself too, and I know I won't be able to resist. o_O

Welcome Maddie- I hope your first cycle happens soon! I had some "withdrawal bleeding" as some call it about a week after I had Mirena removed. 28 days later I had my first AF.
That was New Years Eve, and now 4 Saturdays later AF has arrived for me again. That's right ladies, officially! I am sad to see her, but also so impressed with how regular my cycles are!

Also really excited to start BD-ing again!

Babyo-I am thinking about getting some stockings!
Dreamers- regarding whole milk, if you eat other dairy I heard you should make sure that is not reduced fat as well. Yogurt, for example. Also, are you drinking/eating organic?

What do you all know about the Sperm Meets Egg Plan?

Here is my to do list this cycle:
walk everyday-all cycle
eat well everyday (obvious healthy food, only organic dairy and meat, little to no soy, greens powder daily, little to no refined sugar) -all cycle (except AF related snacking-organic as well- just for today and tomorrow!)
no alcohol- all cycle (though maybe one unit of alcohol tonight to celebrate AF)
cut down to 1/2 cup coffee/day (currently at about 3/4 cup/day)
hydrate- all cycle
prenatal/b-complex- all cycle
good sleep-all cycle! *sleep in complete darkness until CD14 and then introduce light per the lunaception theory for 2 nights
maca- after AF
decaf green tea- after AF
castor oil packs- a few times/wk after AF until CD10
temp until confirmed Ov (then I might stop because it just upsets me to watch those beautiful high temps start to lower)
OPKs
Pre-seed? UGH I hate to put those parabens in my special place, but I also want to be friendly to my sperm friends!

This month with a reliable thermometer and OPKs I think I will have much better timing. I am super excited that DH seems in it to win it.
My immediate plan, go shopping at Whole Foods for dates, bacon, almonds, cheese puffs and ice cream. Get DS back in his bed tonight!
:happydance:

Gosh darn it. Ugh. I'm sorry. I hope you guys get so so so much more BDing in this cycle. Your monthly plan seems to be a solid one to me. Why castor oil?

SMEP - I've read a whole ton of success stories with it. I was going to try it myself, but since we don't have any sperm issues (that we're aware of), we decided to just BD every single day until ovulation was confirmed instead. We managed it last cycle, but I dunno if we'll pull it off for many more future cycles.

Haha, I am ready for a nap right now! I think my partner might have a few choice things to say if I left him in charge of everything and moving it all without me just to nap though... sigh.. :p

Hi Maddie! Welcome to the thread! What I have learned is that post Mirena, everything is normal, no matter how odd it may seem! lol

@ginger--Do you live in Arkansas??!!? haha That's where I grew up and I swear to you weather like that is a completely normal occurrence every single winter. I've had a couple of friends from Europe move there (no idea why) and they spend all winter baffled because they can't ever figure out what to wear! I tell them to learn to dress in layers and take extra stuff in your car! ha Let me know how the modified bacon thing works out and then I'll try it!

@Rainy--great plan!!! I like the sleeping in the dark thing. I Personally do that anyway. My room is referred to as the bat cave. I refuse to even allow a clock because I want it to be pitch black. I hope your exercise plan rubs off on me!

afm--my thirst remains. I drank a 17oz bottle of water in the hour I was out and about looking for my bridal head piece and at the end of the bottle I had cotton mouth so bad I could hardly talk. My NP/boob poker friend was with me and she even found it bizarre. We came up with all kinds of things that I could have, but didn't mention pregnancy. Although, I know people get hypervolemic with pregnancy, so yeah, makes sense to be super thirsty. I also don't go to the bathroom near enough for what I'm drinking.

Castor oil packs over the lower abdomen are, theoretically, supposed to help clear out gunk from ye olde uterus.
The first couple times I did it, I promise you I had weird brown CM a few hours later. I felt like my gunk was really being cleared out! Some folks say that it helps reduce circulation to the area (I have some circulation issues) and others say it promotes healing. To me, it feels like more action to take and it a nice thing to do to take care of yourself. AND it involves a nice and warm hot water bottle that is comforting to me. I wouldn't do it near or after ovulation, though.

BabyO- the luna lady suggests allowing some light into the bat cave at CD 13/14, this is an attempt to simulate moon light. The idea is that we are ideally ovulating "on time" mid-cycle. And ideally, it would be during the full moon! Then our periods would start with the new moon.

I peed on a stick. Hard to say if there was a faint line. Maybe? I've had so much water my pee was totally clear.

Help! Suggestions from those who have been preggo before?

I tried to take a picture of it. FDH has a huge life changing type interview this week so he's being all clingy as he prepares for it. It's hard to sneak away to post!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 16
I seeeeee it! Take a pink dye like first response!!!!!!! Do it now!

I'm trying to hold it for a while before I try again. Too much water!!! I cut myself off from water and I have sawdust mouth. I think in another two hours I'll claim GI upset and hide in the bathroom!

Holy cow bags babyO... I totally see something there! Eeeeee!!! I hope so hard this your bfp!

Survey says.....

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! BABYO!!!!

I saw this and quite literally JUMPED UP AND DOWN AND SQUEALED! My partner was all ARE YOU OK when he came running into the bedroom where I was holed up hiding with some almond butter & rice milk for my snackie snack. :)

DUDE BABYO I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! EEEEEEE!!!

How are you going to tell your partner, or how have you told him already?!

Congratulations! :D

Congrats! I told you the other day that it sounded like something burrowing into your womb!!!!!!!!!! You are going to be knocked up when you get married! But you won't be big yet! Perfect! Yaaaaaaaaay!

I told him via some strategically placed baby socks. It looks like there are only little girl socks from this photo, but there are an equal number of both.

As excited as I am, the only thought I can muster is "Holy Shit."

How long is that going to be the only thought I'm capable of having?

Attachments

• securedownload-2.jpg
    securedownload-2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
A) When and where are we going to make our Pregnant with Mirena thread?

B) Look! I got the fruit ticker!!

C) I hope this bean sticks and I don't MC.

D) The story about why this particular pregnancy is so meaningful and powerful to me.

In 2007, my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I was slated to start graduate school that fall, but as an only child, the bulk of her care fell to me. I wanted to stay home with her, but she insisted that I go so she could see me get as far as possible. I spent half the week in classes, and then drove back and was my mother's care taker the other half of the week. Halfway through my first year of graduate school, on January 20th 2008, she earned her angel wings. My mother was one of the two most important people in my life, the other being my grandmother. Incidentally, my grandmother also lost her own mother to cancer at the same age, 28.

Thanksgiving 2010, my grandmother became ill. I work at a major medical center, so I moved her in with me and took her to some of the best doctors in the world. Cancer is an evil thing though, and she too was diagnosed with terminal disease. She earned her wings January 26th, last year.

January is a hard month for me. My birthday and two very difficult anniversaries. I spent this entire month talking to my mother and grandmother, telling them what a wonderful gift it would be to get pregnant this month. How it would bring back joy to an otherwise dreadful month. I conceived between the anniversary of both of their deaths.

My due date is my mother's birthday.

Though I am not religious, I believe the world moves in deeply connected ways and I know better than to question what the world gives me. Today I am thankful.

Much love to you Babyo- I am totally teared up. That is positively beautiful. I am in awe of what I just read. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->