The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Thanks everyone! I... am still just floored. Like. Woah. I can't believe I'm... pregnant. I don't FEEL pregnant. I thought for SURE I was out this month. Really. O_O

@babyO - Duuuuuude can we totally be bumb buddies?! You're only a week further along than me!

I'm just... shocked. Like. I can't stop saying it, that I'm shocked. I was shaking so hard when I saw the line on the FRER. I kept shaking for the longest time. Haha, I told my partner via EMAIL. What the heck is WRONG with me?

@calasen - It's so good to hear from you! Ohhh, congratulations on the weight loss. That's super exciting! So much baby dust for you. Here, roll about in it. You can have loads! :)

@rainy - Haha, I am so glad you could see the line in the first photos! I am not losing my mind! I hope you get yours this cycle. You're going to be so prepared with your opks and your temping. You can time your BDing, it'll be awesome. :)

Guys. I'm... shocked...

Onemore- I think it could be related. The synthetic hormones are out of your system by now, sure, but who is to say how well your body will adjust to making its own hormones?
I can't remember and I am on my phone, have you started charting yet?
Are you otherwise healthy? Your cycles sound so frustrating, I'm sorry. I think you'll find this group of ladies wonderfully supportive. Welcome!

Dreamers- definitely we will need to increase the BDing this cycle! I am thinking every other night from cd10-20? Depending on ovulation of course. My DH and i go to bed at different times and my son is always in bed with us in the AM, so i think every single night isn't realistic for us.
I meant to get grapefruit juice this AM, but forgot. I tested this AM and now feel ready to start a new cycle, haha! I am on cd5.

Perfect- curious that you say that! My DS has been telling me that he lived in the moon before he decided to come down to our house. My DH would say that we "made" him but DS adamantly maintains that he was already made when he was watching us from the moon! The eeriest part is he told us that he was buried in the ground before he was in the moon. DS will be 4 in march. He has been talking about this for a few months. So. Weird.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't see your other test till after I posted my novella. Congratulations! Felicidades!
HOLY CRAP! Woooooohooooo!
More proof that tons of BDing is key :)

Thanks to everyone for your response.

Onemore- I think it could be related. The synthetic hormones are out of your system by now, sure, but who is to say how well your body will adjust to making its own hormones?
I can't remember and I am on my phone, have you started charting yet?
Are you otherwise healthy? Your cycles sound so frustrating, I'm sorry. I think you'll find this group of ladies wonderfully supportive. Welcome!

My cycles were irregular before the Mirena (which I had for 3 1/2 years) but I was also 120lbs overweight then. Currently I still have about 20lbs to lose so probably that along with being 39 years old is not helping:)

I haven't started charting yet as my four year old keeps getting me up in the middle of the night so was just checking CM - don't seem to have much of that either.

Up until now I have just thought it's okay it will happen but after writing down that I'm 39 years old maybe I'm just getting too old!! Still feel like I'm 25 though:winkwink:

Hey, does anyone know if I can take TOO much folic acid? My Google-fu is failing me. There is folic acid in my multi... should I take more in addition to that?

My apt with my new Doc is next week! I'm excited. I'm thinking about trying to get in to see my GP in the mean time? Or is that silly, since I'll see my new Midwife next Wednesday?

Oh dear. I have something new to obsess over. O_O

Hey, does anyone know if I can take TOO much folic acid? My Google-fu is failing me. There is folic acid in my multi... should I take more in addition to that?

My apt with my new Doc is next week! I'm excited. I'm thinking about trying to get in to see my GP in the mean time? Or is that silly, since I'll see my new Midwife next Wednesday?

Oh dear. I have something new to obsess over. O_O

I don't think you can take too much honey as I am pretty much overdosing on the folic acid for other reasons :)

@ginger---BUMP BUDDIES!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! We both have little poppy seeds! Shall I pass the sticky bean glue over to you too? lol

As far as the folic acid goes, the msg from my mid-wife was (and I'm quoting her): at least 400mcg folic acid and 30mg Iron. That's all I know.

@Hi Calasen! I've missed you! I'm glad to see things are perking up for you. :)

Hi Calasen- so glad to have you back on the board!

Ginger- here is what I found on folate:
"Folate intake should not exceed 250 percent of the government's recommended daily value (1,000 mcg)"

Think of me tomorrow ladies. I go in for my second HCG level. I'll be stalking my medical record all day waiting for the results.

Babyo- I will definitely be thinking of you and little jelly bean. I'm sure it goes without saying that you should let us know as soon as you know.

Ginger/Babyo/Edens/Panda (if you're out there!)- if you'd be so kind as to answer some burning questions I have:
What cycle day do think you conceived?
Did you BD (or have IUI) before and/or after a positive OPK if you were using OPKs?
If you were checking, did your CM indicate that you were fertile?
If you were temping, did your temp spike the day after you suspect you ovulated?
Did you use pre-seed?
Is there anything else you were doing that you think made a difference to help boost your fertility? (supplements or specific foods)

Thanks for humoring me if you take the time to answer these questions. :hugs:

:happydance: Congratulations Ginger! I had a feeling this might be your month. You must be SOOOOO excited. Here they recommend 500 mcg daily, how much is in your multivitamin? You need to check there is no vit a in there as its bad for babies (most of them dont contain it anyway)

Calasen - :thumbup: Well done, 8lbs is loads! Should help with the TTC if you needed to lose it. Hurry up AF!

Rainy - Cant see any more of your chart past the 31st and of course I NEED to know what your temps are doing! :haha: Im really hoping to get a bit more BDing in. Not sure if Ill get my way though. Its no surprise Ive got no BFP - only getting it once or twice a month! Not fair. :cry:

AFM just spent the whole day doing a practice exam and didnt think about babies for several hours :happydance: However my stupid temp chart seems all crazy again even though Im doing it at the same time everyday now. Maybe I will try vaginal temping after all. OOh, just remembered, forgot to OPK today as well. If you'll excuse me ladies, I have a stick to pee on :wave:

Babyo- I will definitely be thinking of you and little jelly bean. I'm sure it goes without saying that you should let us know as soon as you know.

Ginger/Babyo/Edens/Panda (if you're out there!)- if you'd be so kind as to answer some burning questions I have:
Did you BD (or have IUI) before and/or after a positive OPK if you were using OPKs?
If you were temping, did your temp spike the day after you suspect you ovulated?
Did you use pre-seed?
Is there anything else you were doing that you think made a difference to help boost your fertility? (supplements or specific foods)

I am positive I ovulated on CD21 last month. Because we BDed every day though, I don't know which day's sperm fertilized the egg.... I think that's what you're asking? (please correct me if I've misunderstood!)

Yes, we BDed every day of the whole cycle, until I was absolutely 100% *certain* that I had ovulated. I ovulated about 24 hours after my positive OPK.

I did have ewcm, for the very very fiRST time! It showed up about 24 hours before I ovulated. :)

My temp did spike, and stayed elevated for three consecutive days. My chart is linked in my signature for your viewing pleasure. :)

I used preseed, but not within 3-5 days of ovulation. I was so excited for my very first ewcm that I didn't want to interfere with it. It was like, oh my body is working, I should let it work! If that makes sense?

This past cycle, I drank a ton of grapefruit juice. That was the only big change from the previous cycle. And for me... I DID get ewcm finally!

My daily Things I Take are : a very complete multi powder (I linked you before), B complex, Lysine, Olive Leaf, Maca, 2,000mg vitamin C, fish oil liquid (my only concession of non-vegan-things in near 18 years...)

My partner takes a TON of supplements every day : Zinc, D, calcium, Lysine, 12,000mg vitamin C (no joke), four different kinds of liquid fish oil, Maca, E, cranberry, B complex, magnesium, flax oil liquid.

I'm also vegan, and he might as well be vegan. (he has fish a few times per year, and will eat goat cheese a few times per year as well... but that's it) Not that I think it made a difference, but full disclosure and all that. :)

I also had a really uncomfortable UTI this past cycle, and I was on amoxicillian.

I hope all of that was helpful! You're going to get so much BDing in this month around when you ovulate. It'll be awesome. Here. Have more baby dust than one could possibly shake a stick at. :)

So I've mentioned that I'm just a liiiiiiiittle batty, yes? Yes. So I took three different tests this morning. You know. Cause I wanted to be SURE sure. Ha. Here they are, much more easy to see now. :)

The FRER is darker than yesterday. The digi is clear as day, no mistaking things there. I tried to find the kind with the conception indicator (the pregnant 1-2 weeks thing). I went to three different stores, and no one had it. The internet cheapie test though, it's still so faint as to almost not be there.

I thought the comparison was neat. :)

Attachments

• 2.2.12.positive.jpg
    2.2.12.positive.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.2.12.digi.jpg
    2.2.12.digi.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.2.12.frer.jpg
    2.2.12.frer.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.2.12.ic.jpg
    2.2.12.ic.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 7
:happydance: Congratulations Ginger! I had a feeling this might be your month. You must be SOOOOO excited. Here they recommend 500 mcg daily, how much is in your multivitamin? You need to check there is no vit a in there as its bad for babies (most of them dont contain it anyway)

Calasen - :thumbup: Well done, 8lbs is loads! Should help with the TTC if you needed to lose it. Hurry up AF!

Rainy - Cant see any more of your chart past the 31st and of course I NEED to know what your temps are doing! :haha: Im really hoping to get a bit more BDing in. Not sure if Ill get my way though. Its no surprise Ive got no BFP - only getting it once or twice a month! Not fair. :cry:

AFM just spent the whole day doing a practice exam and didnt think about babies for several hours :happydance: However my stupid temp chart seems all crazy again even though Im doing it at the same time everyday now. Maybe I will try vaginal temping after all. OOh, just remembered, forgot to OPK today as well. If you'll excuse me ladies, I have a stick to pee on :wave:

Ohhh, how is the OPKing going for you? I'm so excited that you're using them, and I hope so hard that you get more BDing in this month!

You did... you told me it was my month from the beginning. Hehe, are you sure you're not psychic? :D

What cycle day do think you conceived? Sadly I have it all down OCD style in my planner. It was 24 hours after my first positive OPK and the day after I had all sorts of weird ov cramps. I think CD15. I had ice pick style pains 8 days later that I think was implantation.
Did you BD (or have IUI) before and/or after a positive OPK if you were using OPKs? We BD every other day from the time AF was over until I got my + opk. Meaning we BD Saturday (twice), not on Sunday, then twice again on Monday with my first + opk. Then we kept BD every day until I got a - opk just to be sure.
If you were checking, did your CM indicate that you were fertile? I'm not a CM girl! lol
If you were temping, did your temp spike the day after you suspect you ovulated? I also don't temp. I'd be too obsessed.
Did you use pre-seed? Yes! Starting that Saturday that we BD twice. I used it every. single. time. 2g worth. I have no idea what my actual CM is like so I thought I'd try this.
Is there anything else you were doing that you think made a difference to help boost your fertility? (supplements or specific foods) I drank/ate tons of grapefruit before ov, but that's because I like it anyway. I currently have a big bottle sitting on my desk. :) I tried to eat as many fruits and veggies as possible and so did DH. We also umm...(TMI) finished the deed in a variety of positions, just to be on the safe side. Plus it keeps it interesting!

dreamers--how are you liking opks? I stuck mine on the back of the toilet, otherwise, I forgot.

Thank you pregnant friends! You guys are super awesome.

Dreamers- my chart is wacky, I keep getting error messages. My temps are also wacky. Yesterday it went up to 98.5 and I promptly peed on a stick, hehe. Of course as I mentioned it was BFN. Yesterday I had a tiny bit more spotting, I think today it is finally done and my temp is at 98.0. So finally making more sense. I was getting worried, if my temps were going to stay in the mid 98s how would I see the thermal shift?

MY OPKs have not shipped yet. What the heck??? I am thinking of canceling the order and just getting some from target, though they won't be as cheap. When am I supposed to start peeing on them?

I used the target brand ones. I think they were $15 for 20 test. I got the big pack because I wasn't sure what day I would ov. If you have a better idea the smaller pack might work for you. I started the day AF ended, again, because I had no idea when I would ov.

Did you use pre-seed?

Oh! And we also did the whole 'pillow under your bum' for twenty minutes after BDing thing as well. Literally. I am so not kidding. My partner would grab a pillow & slide it under my bum, and I'd lay there reading for twenty minutes. I felt ridiculous, we would giggle about it a lot, but any little thing to help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->