The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

hello again.
i actuallly figured it was cheaper to buy opks than to buy a decent thermometer.
have been testing every day nothing so far, using my bleed a few days after my coil was removed, i should ov around 6-7th?
however, been taking folic acid and think i may have got thrush again... not sure if this is due to the tablets or just stress? any thoughts?

Rainy---did you ever figure out the possible yeast infection thing? I would also call the doc and get the one day pill if that's what you think it is. That little thing might be one of the greatest inventions ever!!!

Dreamers---I'm no good with charts (hence my obsession with opks). I hope you didn't ov on day 9! I bet at the end of the month the whole thing will make a lot more sense. Not that it will help much at the end of the month. lol I don't know if the grapefruit juice thing works either, but I love love love all things grapefruit. In fact, I've got 20oz sitting right here on my desk and I'm happily slurping it up. It gives me peace of mind if nothing else. :)

afm...cramping started last night and was so bad it woke me up. I slept about two hours total and then (according to OH) I woke up a lunatic. lol He caught me up drying my hair at 2:30am. Idk what else I was supposed to do with my uterus trying to squish out my ears. Ha! I'm curled up in my office chair with my heating pad. I shall use this though as a celebration of my girlie parts getting back on the band wagon. Woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo. Go girlie parts!!!

hello again.
i actuallly figured it was cheaper to buy opks than to buy a decent thermometer.
have been testing every day nothing so far, using my bleed a few days after my coil was removed, i should ov around 6-7th?
however, been taking folic acid and think i may have got thrush again... not sure if this is due to the tablets or just stress? any thoughts?

Thrush is usually caused when your immune system is out of wack. I can't imagine any reason that folic acid would cause thrush.

It took my body about 17 or 18 days to ovulate when I had my Mirena taken out. Don't lose hope. Your body will eventually do what it's supposed to do!

Perfect- I think that I ovulated about 20 days after having mirena removed. I did the opposite of you, though. I confirmed with temps and didn't use opks. I am sorry about the thrush and feel your pain.
Babyo- I am not sure what is going on in my special place, yesterday I felt totally normal. Then this AM woke up feeling vaguely itchy and now feel fine. I recently changed body wash and as I am typing this I am realizing that it is very likely the culprit! I am sooooo sorry for the discomfort. Cramps suck. I am thrilled about your girlie parts doing their job, good work!
My opks will be here on the 8th too, so far away considering I am cd10 today! I am hoping to get DS moving quickly so I will have a few minutes to run into target and get a small pack of tide-me-over opks :)

It took my body about 17 or 18 days to ovulate when I had my Mirena taken out. Don't lose hope. Your body will eventually do what it's supposed to do!

I did the exact same thing! @Perfect: I know it can be so frustrating to get all those negatives on your OPKs day after day. Drove me mad. Hang in there, it will happen!

After seeing only one red line... I can now see two altho the new one is less vivid. I guess this means I'm going to ovulate in the next day or two doesn't it?
Typically my oh is away till tomorrow night. But we did try last night, and will tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
Excited now :)

@babyO - I'm sorry you're dealing with difficult things. My thoughts are very frequently with you. I am glad you are finding solace and reassurance with the knowledge that your parts all function. :)

@perfect - I am fairly certain Thrush in adults means your immune system isn't working properly. Were I you, I'd call my doctor... good luck with it all!

@dreamers - Oh man I hope your cycle becomes easier to interpret. I also hope you didn't ov on cd9! That'd be so frustrating. o_O

Guys I am so nervous about getting the betas run today. I'm mildly crampy, and I *think* there might have been the slightest tint of brownish colour in my cm when I checked it a little while ago.

I swear I'm not obsessing over whether or not there is a problem. But every once in awhile I get these little panicked moments. Today, with the cramping & what *may* be the beginning of spotting (but nothing on the TP or anything as of now), I'm a little freaked out. Deep breath. And another. I'll feel so much better knowing one way or the other whether there is something to be concerned about or not. Hopefully I'll get all my test results in by Wednesday...

I do get thrush whenever I have anti biotics:-( but I haven't had any for ages

After seeing only one red line... I can now see two altho the new one is less vivid. I guess this means I'm going to ovulate in the next day or two doesn't it?
Typically my oh is away till tomorrow night. But we did try last night, and will tomorrow so fingers crossed!!

For me it took at least a week after seeing a faint line to get a true positive. At least you're seeing something though!

I hate to post and run but I thought of a new happy...I can color my hair now!!! Those pesky little gray hairs were really starting to stick out.

I typically have a second line for about 5 days before it is positive. It gradually gets darker then BAM! Very positive.

Ginger, i have my first prenatal today too! And I'm oddly nervous as well. I mean, I'm *pretty* sure there's still a baby in there... But, y'know... I'll definitely feel better after I hear a heartbeat. I'll be thinking about you! Good luck to both of us!

I typically have a second line for about 5 days before it is positive. It gradually gets darker then BAM! Very positive.

Thank you! So I needn't panic that oh is away overnight then?
We'll have to try all week then, to have the best chance?
Well at least we'll have a fun week:) lol

Thank you! So I needn't panic that oh is away overnight then?
We'll have to try all week then, to have the best chance?
Well at least we'll have a fun week:) lol

We BD every other day leading up to the positive opk and then we BD every day while it was positive. We also used Preseed every time. I have no idea if that helped, but I think so.

Ginger! How did it go??

I was kinda bugged by my appt- and I hate it when people complain about their first appt because they were expecting to get an ultrasound or hear a hb at 4 weeks and they didn't! And now I'm doing it. O & R even came with me, and then the whole thing was nothing like I expected- they had me strip down completely to do a full physical (I thought I wouldn't have to do that since I just had my pap 2 months ago), and they said it was too early to hear a hb (at 9 weeks???), and they don't typically do early ultrasounds. Ugh. They gave us the option of doing an u/s for peace of mind, but I left that up to O&R since they're paying the bills, and they opted not to. Weird. I would have jumped all over that.

Bright side: The doc is awesome, and he has a gay son and is totally supportive of our situation and great at including O & R in everything. And from measuring my uterus, he said everything looks great and I'm measuring right around 8-9 weeks. So I guess there's a baby in there? Or my uterus just decided to get fat with the rest of me.

Sigh. Sorry for complaining. How is everyone today?

operation BabyO - I know what you mean, I have the most ridiculous grey stripe at the moment! I really must get round to sorting that out.

PP - Sorry you didnt get to see/hear your little one but I think its probably a big positive that you have a doctor that "gets" your situation and is fully supportive.

AFM - I think FF got it wrong, got + OPK this morning and EWCM (no much though, considering Ive been on the EPO) - should be excited but got shot down again and am completely devastated. I am pretty sure Im out this month already. I am super pissed at "DH".

hey, I'd like to Join in too!
I'm Katie, 28. My husband and I have 2 sons, 5 and 3. I had Mirena inserted (gasp! OWWWIE!) in April of 2008, removed October 2011. I then did almost 3 months of the pill and now we've decided to "get it all out of my system" and start the process of trying to get preggos, we shall see!

@babyO - Ohhh, that is a happy! I was thinking about trying henna soon myself. But my partner thinks it's a silly thing to to, cause I have SUPER short hair. (I shaved my head a few months ago, but normally it's veryvery short... just not *this* short ;) )

@panda - Nono, I just had betas done on Sat, Monday, and today. I go in for my first REAL apt tomorrow (Wednesday). I went in on Friday, but it was a super short 'oh yeah I see you're pregnant here go have the vampires drain your blood supply' apt.

Yours sounds awesome! And frustrating... I wonder why they didn't try to hear the heartbeat. Erg. I'm excited for tomorrow, but I know hardly anything at all will happen, cause I'm so early still.

@dreamers - You're not out yet! I really really hope you can get some BDing in before ovulation happens. Do you know how long you usually have a positive OPK before you ovulate? Mine was about 24 hours, but I know Edens had days of them... It sounds so frustrating to be dealing with a partner who doesn't want to bd. Hang in there. :/

@ramma - Welcome to the group!

How is everyone doing?

hey, I'd like to Join in too!
I'm Katie, 28. My husband and I have 2 sons, 5 and 3. I had Mirena inserted (gasp! OWWWIE!) in April of 2008, removed October 2011. I then did almost 3 months of the pill and now we've decided to "get it all out of my system" and start the process of trying to get preggos, we shall see!

lol...glad it wasnt just me who found it incredibly painful being fitted!!

im new on here too, thought i was about to ov but now the test is lighter than yesterday afternoon. so now im lost!
good luck to you Momma xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->