The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

lol, the party was great! Everyone had to take a guess when they arrived and wore either a pink or blue beaded necklace to show their guess. When everyone finally arrived (30 minutes late for my grandma, argh!) we "cut the cake". DH's brother got it "on video" for us but the dummy recorded the knife going into the cake (from the side you can't even see the inside of!) instead of having the camera showing our reactions or anything! (omg, MEN!!!) Anyway I couldn't believe it when I saw pink! I still can't, to be honest! lol

I was going to upload it to youtube but it's really pointless since it's just the backside of the cake. Well, you can kinda hear our reaction but seeing it was the whole point. I wanted to have that for our baby when they were older!

So then after we cut the cake and passed out pieces, we revealed the names. "Abigail" was well known but we'd been keeping the middle names a secret. I choked out "Cristin" and my mom and I were both blubbering fools, lol. (named after my mom) "Azalea" from our garden/wedding.

And when everyone was done with the cake, I passed out flash card size pieces of pink cardstock and some colored marker pens for everyone to write a message to Abigail for her baby book.

Overall, lots of fun!

it sounds like it went great! what an awesome memory to have... and a great idea on the pink cards! i may steal these ideas for them im preggo again. lol i am SO happy for you, Mellissa!!!!!!! Im so glad you had an awesome day!

Weeeeellllllllll, if you want to do a reveal party and have a little more patience than I had, you could do cookies instead of cake. My mom (and sometimes me when I have time!) runs a cookie business and I really wanted to do this for the reveal but I also wanted it to be kept a secret from everyone so we could all find out together so I couldn't. Anyway, we make either pink or blue thin cookie discs, freeze them, then put them into rolled out dough and use a cookie cutter to cut the cookie. (geez that sounds confusing) Anyway, then when you bake the cookie, you have regular cookie dough with a little pink or blue disc in the middle and frosting over the colored disc hiding it until someone bites into it.

Here's a pic of a friend's cookie from her blog...
https://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/81-600x414.jpg

Patience is necessary though because these cookies take about 4 days plus shipping time since you're in IN. :)

Congratulations Edens!!! That's fantastic - time to start decorating? Or buying clothes?
The cake looked great - although the cookies are wonderful too!
Shame about the video but nevermind, love the idea about the pink cards for the baby book. Your little girl is going to feel very loved!

What a wonderful idea! I seriously may just do that... and it would be cool to have the help of a fellow bnb member/friend! how cool would that be?! Those cookies are freakin adorable. I love em! and they look super tasty!

guess what ladies? i woke up to a positive OPK! I took one at 4ish PM yesterday... pretty faint 2nd line... this morning at 7am, POSITIVE! it took about 4 mins. to get positive... so i think my surge was at the very earliest of stages... bc last time the positive came up almost immediately, like, before the control line did. lol SO... i lured DH into giving me a good morning quickie! I'm kind of glad on the timing too bc we havent DTD for 2 days.... so hopefully we saved up some good swimmers. lol couldnt lay down for more than 5 mins or so bc I had an appt. at 9...

SO BASICALLY, I will be testing in 14 days! my LP is 12-13 days so that should be about the time af is due. YAAAAAY :)

thanks, Mellissa! Now af should be due around the 10th instead of the 13th! i am OK with that!!!

babyo- this means i really will be testing much closer to you! probably on the 7th and so on until bfp or af!

Yay for positive opk!!! Glad you got to sneak a quick one in. Hope this is your month Taurus! I'm only cd9 and I started my opk's. They're ic's so I don't know how reliable they are.
Edens- Darn on the video, but you'll have plenty more moments to record. I'm pretty terrible about recording things, but then again I had a dinosaur of a camcorder when I had my daughter. Love the idea of the cards with a written message! May be stealing that one. ;)

CONGRATS MELLISSA!!!! That cake looks yummy!!!! and I love the name!!!!

well my appointment is today! I have some cramping!! I woke up in the middle of the night cramping!! so maybe it's an early af.

well my appointment is today! I have some cramping!! I woke up in the middle of the night cramping!! so maybe it's an early af.

your temp came back up!! :happydance: *maybe* it's implantation cramping! hehe, wouldn't that be awesome!?

sjones i have the same cramping// just been feeling lousy past few days. weak. need to feel better asap!

Ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, along with blood work.
Praying you get answers!
sjones i have the same cramping// just been feeling lousy past few days. weak. need to feel better asap!
FX'd for ya!

your temp came back up!! :happydance: *maybe* it's implantation cramping! hehe, wouldn't that be awesome!?

Ya think? That would be awesome!!!

back from my appointment! Now I am cramping for real..my pap-smear was kind of painful! she didn't do any blood work..she did prescribe provera..and said to wait 2 weeks and then start taking it if I don't get a period. and if that doesn't help...To go back for a follow up, get blood work and some other stuff for PCOS. She did a urine test but that came out negative...and i knew it would..it is too early isn't it? for some reason she thinks if I was pregnant it would come out positive...That's about it..So I guess I just have to wait now:cry:. Funny how she was trying to explain how to chart, right then I pulled out my chart and showed it to her lol..she was surprised how much I knew haha...

hehe, I did the same thing with my dr when we were trying :)

and it definitely seems WAY too early for a hpt or urine test to work!

Stacey- thanks for the update. Sure seems like if you are pregnant it is too early, considering when you ovulated. Great job taking your chart with you and showing her you are an informed woman!! In 2 weeks if no AF you can take one last HPT and then take provera if negative?

Stacey- thanks for the update. Sure seems like if you are pregnant it is too early, considering when you ovulated. Great job taking your chart with you and showing her you are an informed woman!! In 2 weeks if no AF you can take one last HPT and then take provera if negative?

That's right! So I'll just keep charting and see what happens. :) looks like i'm still in right? LOL

Isn't that weird? My dr definitely seemed annoyed that I already knew everything she was saying. And I even corrected her (oops) because she was adamant I come in for my progesterone test at CD21. I kept telling her that I don't ovulate on CD14 so wouldn't it be more accurate to come in at 7dpo? She finally relented and agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->