The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

I have to say it's easier to call a MW or MD on BS when you are in the medical field.

Are you guys going to family doctors or OBs? If they are OBs then they really suck.

Mine is an ob at kaiser. They required I take a trying to conceive course before they would do any fertility testing and the ' teacher' was really nice but gave lots if bad info our at least info that contradicted everything online. She said the cervix gets soft, opens, and really low at the time of ovulation so it can more easily welcome sperm whereas everything online says it gets high soft and open

stacey- so glad you have a plan in place, if you arent preggo anyway! still hoping thats the case but at least if you arent and af doesnt come... you can take your meds and get started TTC again! :) Thats a plus! btw, i also agree its too early to test if you are preggo.

babyo- I am so anxious to hear about your dr.s appt! everything is gonna be normal... i just have a feeling! a BFP is in the near future for you!! FX everything goes great and you get a ton of awesome info!

Mellissa- that is so funny that you corrected your dr! thats awesome! She mustve been surprised that some patients ACTUALLY know what they are talking about. Women TTC are VERY serious people!

afm, waiting until late this evening to do some guerilla warfare on my husband and get him to DTD again. lol im gonna make sure every possible swimmer is in there!!!!!!!! muahahaaaaa... lol

I have to say it's easier to call a MW or MD on BS when you are in the medical field.

Are you guys going to family doctors or OBs? If they are OBs then they really suck.

Every time I would go for my appointments..Dh always wanted to go with me..He's and RN so he always seems to know as much..and the DR doesn't always seem to like it lol...I saw a NP today.
This was the first time I went by myself.

stacey- i am so intrigued by your cycle so far! lol i seriously cant wait to see what your temps do everyday! :) hope your temps stay nice and above that coverline! come on bfp!!

stacey- i am so intrigued by your cycle so far! lol i seriously cant wait to see what your temps do everyday! :) hope your temps stay nice and above that coverline! come on bfp!!

Teehee, I look forward to waking up and taking my temp everyday!!!! I would totally go to bed now, but it's only 6 pm lol...I have a feeling I'm not preggo, but It's still fun!:haha:

I wish you had a chart Molly! :p

I hate when doctors "talk down" or say well just wait and see. My ob said i was crazy if i thought i o'd before cd14 and that there was nothing abnormal about a 16-18 day cycle. Hello...d.a. Yeah there is. Fertility doc was VERY informative and much more helpful. After being sick for 2 years i have learned that there are some doc's that we NEED to have a come to jesus meeting with. And i have had/given a few of them. I pay good money and damn it if I'm going to listen to giberish. As a paying patient i demand doc to LISTEN. Im fine with negotiation about care, but in the end its my call as the patient...not docs. Sorry about the rant lol!

I hate when doctors "talk down" or say well just wait and see. My ob said i was crazy if i thought i o'd before cd14 and that there was nothing abnormal about a 16-18 day cycle. Hello...d.a. Yeah there is. Fertility doc was VERY informative and much more helpful. After being sick for 2 years i have learned that there are some doc's that we NEED to have a come to jesus meeting with. And i have had/given a few of them. I pay good money and damn it if I'm going to listen to giberish. As a paying patient i demand doc to LISTEN. Im fine with negotiation about care, but in the end its my call as the patient...not docs. Sorry about the rant lol!

AMEN! :winkwink:

If one of them ever talked down to me I might be tempted to remind them that a PhD out ranks an MD. Muahahaha

how is everyone doing this evening?
i decided to get a part time job, bc ive been a stay at home mom for about 6 mos, and while i definitely enjoy it, i was used to working 50-60 hours a week and i think id feel better if i had a little something extra i was doing on the side! had an interview this morning so wish me luck!!! :) I should know something in a few days.

i used another OPK tonight ... for some reason i wanted to be "sure" it was still positive. wth? lol i think i just like seeing it. haha deffo still positive, i dont know why i would think other wise. making DH DTD again tonight :) itll put about 18 hours between BDing... im trying to get as much in there as i can. haha

anything new with you ladies?

Good luck on your interview! I'm really nervous about being a SAHM. I know I'll absolutely LOVE having the time with Abigail and my other kids, but I worry about going out of my mind without adult interaction or DH resenting me because he still has to work or something. Initially I was going to work part time (right now I work 50-60) but I figured out the daycare costs wouldn't even be covered by part time work so I'd be working to pay someone else to care for my child. It just didn't make sense. It would be AMAZING if I could join my mom part/full time with Cristin's Cookies but I think my stepdad is pretty adamant about her going back to work within the next couple months now that my baby brother is 18 and that will severely limit her cookie time and orders. :(

Babyo- I am so eager to hear about your ultrasound, is it tomorrow?

Molly- I think you are getting this job, woohoo!!

Mellissa- I stayed home with DS for 2 1/2 years, most of that time it was somewhat of a challenge to be isolated, but I knew I couldn't have it any other way. At 2 1/2 I knew I was ready and an awesome pre-school around here takes 2 1/2 year olds. Now I work full time and am blessed with the benefit of keeping DS home with DH on Wednesdays and my mom on Thursdays, so he is outside if the home only 3 days a week. Sometimes I think he might do well with 4 days, though. He loves school and has made a couple dear friends. Sorry to ramble, my point is if you do what feels right for you then you can't go wrong. The best parenting advice I ever got was "do what feels good in your heart for you and yours".

thanks, liz! i really hope so. hoping i hear from them sooner or later on whether or not they want to hire me! good parenting advice tho. i like that! :)

being home with DS for the past 6 mos has been great--- but i cant say i havent been absolutely stir crazy... and DH works so many hours... i often feel isolated from any adult interaction... hence why im online so much. lol u ladies keep me from going crazy. haha I cant say i havent LOVED being home tho... bc i can see how my son has benefited from it in more than one way... my husband absolutely does not want me to go back full time. lol he is spoiled with me being home! he says he would rather work overtime every week than have me go back to work- but honestly i need something else to do outside of the home! even if its only 2 days a week.

nice little rant i had there. lol anyway, the job isnt posted online anymore so maybe they will call me before the week's end.

Does anyone on here ovulate early? I did on cd9, last cycle was only 18 days. Was just wondering if anyone else has the same issue

Momblough--I don't ovulate early. Is this your first cycle off Mirena? That may have thrown your body for a loop. Otherwise that cycle is way short!

Am I the only one here without kids already?

I just got my arm stabbed to have my progesterone checked. My US is in an hour. I'll be stalking my medical record all day. It's good that I don't work tomorrow or I'd be stalking it all day tomorrow too. Which means, I just might have to come in!!! ha! FDH will be able to go with me to the US. It's so nice that he only works like three buildings down from me. :)

thanks, liz! i really hope so. hoping i hear from them sooner or later on whether or not they want to hire me! good parenting advice tho. i like that! :)

being home with DS for the past 6 mos has been great--- but i cant say i havent been absolutely stir crazy... and DH works so many hours... i often feel isolated from any adult interaction... hence why im online so much. lol u ladies keep me from going crazy. haha I cant say i havent LOVED being home tho... bc i can see how my son has benefited from it in more than one way... my husband absolutely does not want me to go back full time. lol he is spoiled with me being home! he says he would rather work overtime every week than have me go back to work- but honestly i need something else to do outside of the home! even if its only 2 days a week.

nice little rant i had there. lol anyway, the job isnt posted online anymore so maybe they will call me before the week's end.

When my mom first became a SAHM, she joined a group called "Time for Twos" which was great. It was about 10 moms and their kids who were all the same age as my brother. They all stayed in contact with each other and got together for all kinds of fun adventures several times per week until the kids were 4 or 5. Some of the moms still chat but not the kids anymore! :) Anyway, I'm hoping to find something like that to keep some sanity!

Good morning ladies!!! My sister is pregnant! I'm really excited for her...she has been trying for almost a year!

Molly- good luck with the job!!! fx'd you get it!

Momblough- that is a super short cycle! Hope it's not always the case for you, and it's just your body getting back to normal.

Operation- Good luck with the US **praying it's good news**

afm- well I'm a SAHM, and I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way..My SIL lives pretty close to us...and she also stays home, So we always arrange play dates or tea time so we can have some adult interaction. My daughter will start school soon,SO I might have to look for a part time job or maybe some classes. not sure what i'm doing yet. Cramping today..and my OPK's are pretty much the same lol...

Attachments

• CIMG2278.jpg
    CIMG2278.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 7
babyo- cant wait to hear about your results! :) i so have my FX that you get some wonderful answers!!!

Mellissa- that sounds like a dream come true! i wish i had something like that around here... how awesome! i can imagine that is unbelievably helpful in more than one way!!! :)

afm, im kinda feeling like i messed up my chances this month! i got my positive OPK several days sooner than expected... I BD'd Sunday night, nothing Monday or Tuesday, got my positive OPK at 7am Wednesday so I BD'd immediately.... and couldnt get DH to DTD again last night or this am! I tested again and got a negative opk today.*waaahhh!!*

I had tested Tuesday around 4:30pm and it was very negative...7am wednesday WHOA! positive!! so about 10 hours between, hoping i BDd in time but not feeling so confident. bleh.

pity party= over.

hows everyone else today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"