The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

babyo--- ((((hugs)))) I am so sorry she swooped in and got you :( I feel like this cext cycle is going to be a fresh start now that you know what is going on. What is the action plan for your low progesterone?

I don't know what the plan is. I finally emailed my MW and asked her if I needed to make an appointment to discuss all my results and get an action plan together but I only did that this afternoon.

Since I'm already back at CD1 I don't think there is enough time this cycle to get any type of plan together so I'll just track my cycle via opks like I always do. It can never hurt to have too much data. She may want to get more blood work before proceeding. I'm not sure.

I am hoping for clomid and that is what I'm going to ask for. IDK if she will give it to me though.

Babyo- hopefully you will hear from her tomorrow, don't most start clomid on Cd3? Maybe you still have a shot, I am hoping so. Also maybe progesterone supplements?? I have read about women using suppositories, you would take them at the end of the cycle, yes?
I hope this cycle is not a was for you. All my fingers crossed for you, dear.

My older sister (she's 40) is on her 5th attempt at IUI this month, she will test on Wednesday. I am really hoping this is it for her, well both of us, but honestly I would rather it be her this time if it had to be only one of us. She and her partner would make the most wonderful parents.

DH just did something that really weirded me out. He asked me if it is possible that I am pregnant, I said yes it is POSSIBLE but I doubt it. I went upstairs and he was putting clean sheets on our bed. This is highly unusual in our house. He also loaded the dishwasher and then warned me to be ready if I am pregnant for more nice things to come. I won't tell him when AF shows, I don't want this to end, LOL!!

I hope her IUI works. A lady I work with is 42/43 and she is pregnant with her third. She just had her second baby about 1.5 years ago, so I know it's totally possible for this to work out for your sister! I will be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for her. If IUI doesn't work will they consider IVF?

And dang...what got into your hubby? Can you get him to come rub off on my almost hubby? (less than a week! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH)

AFM...I'm not sure they could get me clomid fast enough this cycle. CD3 will be Tuesday. I don't think I can get in that fast. She may not want to do that anyway. Maybe all she will want to do is progesterone for a couple of cycles? I'll keep plodding on!!

Babyo- I read "she may not want to do me that way". I have no idea why I was suddenly so incredibly pervy! Or why I shared this with everyone! HA! Keep us posted, I think she'll call you tomorrow and get you in right away. Hope so anyway.

This is a.really.stupid.question but, what is clomid prescribed for?

I though clomid was to stimulate ovulation. Surely you need progesterone supplements during your luteal phase? There wasn't any suggestion you weren't ovulating on your bloods was there? I reckon just make an appointment, if it simply a progesterone issue you should be able to get started this month.

Rainy - milk it! So sweet, your DH sounds like he's getting really excited about you getting pregnant! You must be getting close to testing- any symptoms yet? Baby dust to your sister :dust:

AFM 4po today :hissy: I want my BFP this month or I'm throwing the biggest hissy fit. :brat: Im over the TWW already! Did not get any study done today at all - shopped, played with the dog, cooked up a storm (haven't done that for ages and really enjoyed it), but I've really got to knuckle down, Ive only got a month to go. I keep finding myself browsing maternity clothes, nursery furniture/decorative themes. Its ridiculous! But see attached, isnt it pretty. And I love the green, supposed to be relaxing and i think this would look great in our spare room. Could just keep it green/white for a boy/unknown. I know - Im getting a bit carried away. I also already have a car seat, travel cot and baby backpack! Anyone else collecting random baby stuff already?

Attachments

• Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1
Oh, and believe it or not this is a rocker/glider chair. Looks so comfy!

Attachments

• rocker.jpg
    rocker.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
RainyMama...the fertility doc is gonna start me on Clomid next cycle if i dont get my bfp this month. My cycles have been betwn 16-26 days give or take. He said it will help regulate my cycle to produce my estrogen ie. Healthier eggs. He said with short cycles that is sometimes the problem, and Clomid really helps with that, good luck!

well BFN today... Im going to start temping:/ hopefully AF gets here soon to try try again

Dreamers- love the nursery. Also love that rocker, gorgeous!! And yes I think DH is very excited. He said with DS that he wasn't really ready and was shocked when I got pregnant. He is somewhat immature and now at 38 is much more family oriented. I am looking forward to him being hands on, this time. Attending ultrasounds, etc.

Good luck with the clomid momblough! I don't know if I need it, I ovulate fairly regularly, although I am quite certain that my uterine lining could use some help. I was just curious, i see mention of clomid a lot. I can go to the dr in may after I have waited the 6 months my doctor insisted were needed for my hormones to regulate. Then hopefully she will hear my concerns about my oddly light periods. B complex has lengthened my LP.

Lvnmommy- how many dpo are you? Could it be too early?

Ladies- I just read that ibuprofen can mess with fertility. I regularly take it at the beginning of my cycle for nerve pain from an injury.... I always stop after I think implantation might've occurred cuz I know it can cause miscarriage, but I guess it can interfere in a multitude of other ways, including implantation. I am so sad that I didn't know this sooner. Some doctors are saying not to take it even when AF shows.

Rainy--oh yes! No Ibuprofen when TTC ever!! Tylenol is basiclly your only option. Even if you only take it when AF shows up it can cause issues. It's why I suffer through AF cramps every month. Yuck.

UPDATE!

My MW called me this morning (at like 7:15...but alas, I'm also in healthcare so I was already at work and working). She asked if I thought I ovulated and I said I thought I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have all those positive opks, right? She said she wanted to see my progesterone above 10 so she was going to look into progesterone supplements and then figure out which ones would be cheapest for me. She will give me three months of progesterone supplements before she refers me to an RE. I told her that I wanted to stay with her as long as possible, all the way through clomid if necessary and she said sure. :) Yay! So, here we are. Month #1 of supplemented TTC.

Go me!

Ladies- I just read that ibuprofen can mess with fertility. I regularly take it at the beginning of my cycle for nerve pain from an injury.... I always stop after I think implantation might've occurred cuz I know it can cause miscarriage, but I guess it can interfere in a multitude of other ways, including implantation. I am so sad that I didn't know this sooner. Some doctors are saying not to take it even when AF shows.
Really? I take ibuprofen all the time for my headaches.. I'll definitely have to get some Tylenol.

UPDATE!

My MW called me this morning (at like 7:15...but alas, I'm also in healthcare so I was already at work and working). She asked if I thought I ovulated and I said I thought I did. Otherwise I wouldn't have all those positive opks, right? She said she wanted to see my progesterone above 10 so she was going to look into progesterone supplements and then figure out which ones would be cheapest for me. She will give me three months of progesterone supplements before she refers me to an RE. I told her that I wanted to stay with her as long as possible, all the way through clomid if necessary and she said sure. :) Yay! So, here we are. Month #1 of supplemented TTC.

Go me!
That's awesome Operation!

I though clomid was to stimulate ovulation. Surely you need progesterone supplements during your luteal phase? There wasn't any suggestion you weren't ovulating on your bloods was there? I reckon just make an appointment, if it simply a progesterone issue you should be able to get started this month.

Rainy - milk it! So sweet, your DH sounds like he's getting really excited about you getting pregnant! You must be getting close to testing- any symptoms yet? Baby dust to your sister :dust:

AFM 4po today :hissy: I want my BFP this month or I'm throwing the biggest hissy fit. :brat: Im over the TWW already! Did not get any study done today at all - shopped, played with the dog, cooked up a storm (haven't done that for ages and really enjoyed it), but I've really got to knuckle down, Ive only got a month to go. I keep finding myself browsing maternity clothes, nursery furniture/decorative themes. Its ridiculous! But see attached, isnt it pretty. And I love the green, supposed to be relaxing and i think this would look great in our spare room. Could just keep it green/white for a boy/unknown. I know - Im getting a bit carried away. I also already have a car seat, travel cot and baby backpack! Anyone else collecting random baby stuff already?

That is super cute!!!!

well BFN today... Im going to start temping:/ hopefully AF gets here soon to try try again
awwww LVn...same here!!! 11 days dpo. and BFN

Rainy - Very good to know about the ibuprofen. I had no idea. I've only taken it twice - once the day I had my Mirena inserted and I fainted so I'd been scared to take it again after that but maybe a month ago I had a headache and that's all we had at work so I took it again. Glad it didn't cause any harm to Abigail!

Babyo- I am so happy that you heard from your MW! That is wonderful and I bet it feels good to have a plan:)

well if someone were to ask me what my hobby is now,, i would have to say Urine. As much as i Pee on sticks hoping praying, squinting thinking a line is going to appear//// eh! like if i turn it in 12 differnt directions poof! it will appear.. sad LOL

LVnMommy- I've never used one..except for when I'm on my period...If you decide to use it tho..do let us know how it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->