The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

We do seem to have a ton of chemicals, but we also have lots of ladies who have successful pregnancies. I don't think my chemical had anything to do with my Mirena since I have a documented progesterone problem. I think my body likes to make things more difficult.

I totally freaked out for a whole so I searched the literature. I mean, I dug and dug and read everything that was published about Mirena and pregnancy after removal. All the published research indicated that it is safe and everything should be fine afterwards.

How old is everybody on here? Age makes a bigger difference than most people like to think. Yes, plenty of women have babies after 35 and even at 40 but it's still not a good thing. We aren't really designed like that. Even at 32 I know that I have a much higher risk of having fertility problems.

Babyo- I recall you have given me this info on your research previously. I'm sorry to bring it up again. I am obviously having another emotional breakdown post BFN/AF. I thought maybe this month I would have a heavier flow, but it is even lighter than last month. I could go without a pad or tampon after the first day. And the first day I need only one pad. Also I hope this doesn't sound like I am snapping at you, I am just snapping in general, as in "that girl has snapped and/or lost all of her marbles!"
By girl, yes I do mean a woman who is 31 years and 1 week old.

I am going to go in to see a doctor under the thinly veiled guise that I need a pap, then I will bombard them with my fertility questions, even though I promised I'd give my body 6 months to adjust. I just need some confirmation that a very very light period doesn't necessarily mean my lining is in the shitter.

Rainy- my bleeding is very heaving. VERY.
I dont know too much about beta levels but 30 seems low to me ?? I Just dont see any possible way i can stay pregnant. There is just too much bleeding. I have an appointment on friday with an ob & thanks to my honey switiching to a better paying company it will be a 760.00 visit. But worth it to find out whats going on ;/

BabyO-i am 24.

I just wish i could of gotten a more conclusive answer. The ER doc didnt seem too interested and said well we will just consider you pregnant for now. (I live in a very small town and the hospital is crappy!! )

Rainy you don't seem snappish at all. I frequently re-research things for the comfort. I also curse the universe, curse every pregnant woman I see, want to burst into tears every time I see a mommy, etc. I sooooooo desperately want to be a Mom and it kills me that it might not happen for me. Being around my SS this past weekend just made it that much worse. He often slips and calls me Mom and I love it, but I want a kid around all the time.

(In my best yoda voice: The maternal instinct is strong with that one.)

Bring it up as much as you want and I'll try to comfort you as best as I can. And if blabbing about research doesn't help any let me know and I'll switch tactics. I'll offer virtual chocolate! And virtual ice cream! I almost punched a hole in the wall when my last cycle was 23 days so I don't think you are crazy or anything! :)

Anyway, LVN---A big hug to you. I know this sucks. That's what I did with my chemical. I cramped so bad I thought my uterus was going to come out my ears and then I bled like I have never bled before. It was painful, gross, and heartbreaking.

Yep BabyO that is exactly right!!! its Gross, painful and sad. After having some time to think about it I broke it to my DH if this is meant to end in miscarriage, I will not not try again. I asked him to get a vasectomy -- which he told me i was out of my mind. so i will see if anything has changed in the morning...

Babyo- thanks a million. Punching stuff sounds great!

Lvn- hang in there sweetie and try not to make a decision while you are going through something so emotionally charged.

Molly- I can't remember if I responded to your post in the midst of my psychological meltdown. I can't believe AF got you, I truly thought you and dreamers were going to be bump buddies :)

I must must must make an acupuncture appointment tomorrow!

LVnMommy- I hope you get some definitive info soon. I am so sorry you are going thru this... (((hugs)))

liz- its ok! there seems to be a lot going on in the thread right now! I was honestly surprised about af, too... not that she came, just WHEN she came. no spotting, and a bit earlier than expected. it was just kind of weird. my LP is like, 11 days I think!

afm, I am feeling icky from all the vaccines, I think! Plus, cramps and the icky af stuff on top of that. I had all my doctor stuff done for work yesterday, then I drove to Ohio to see my MIL... drove home at 3AM, got up this morning, got a UHAUL, drove 1.5 hours away to my Aunts to pick up some things I had stored from when I lived on that side of Indianapolis near her... drove back home-- got it all in my house, returned the truck, tried to clean the house... and now im lounging on the couch with the laptop under a blanket... I just wanna SLEEP!! My body is crying for sleep but my brain wont shut off! blah!

I hope everyone is having a great night!

Rainy--what I really want to do is get one of those pool floatie noodle things and go beat the hell out of a tree!! That would make me feel better.

LVN--From what I understand, about 70% of pregnancies end this way. It's really, really normal. Not that being "normal" makes it any better at all, but you would likely go on to have a successful pregnancy. ((HUG)) I know it sucks right now.

Taurus--I can't believe you are still standing after all that! zzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzz I would have keeled over.

BabyO yes I have heard those numbers before .. But I look at my kids they were su easily conceived and no problems makes it hard to understand . When I get out of class today I'm going to drive an hour to a bigger city to go to a women's hospital. The bleeding is soaking through pads Q 15 mins!! (tmi sorry) . I can hardly walk its so painful . I'm really hoping this is not eptopic :/.

Oh hun! Get thee to a clinic ASAP if you are bleeding that much. Don't wait for class to be over.

Oh my, LVn- I hope you got to the doc and got more answers. Thinking of you!

Afm, af sucks. Can't wait to get started TTC again. Lol nothin new to report here as far as that goes. I went to finish up my TB test today and the nurse told me she forgot to write my name on the blood vials... So I had to get my blood drawn 2 more times today, too. Lol she tried in my arm with no success so she got it from my hand. That's 8 needles stuck in me in 2 days. I'm just about over it. Hehe

So, my bleeding has slowed somewhat!!!((thank god)) I talked to my OB and will be seeing him 700am tomorrow. I'm taking the rest of the week off from school. I think it was too much for my dear sweet cramped mind to handle. And to top it off I had to work in the gosh dang NURSERY today !! - Im proud of myself for putting aside my sadness and seeing those sweet baby's!

Oh LVn :hugs::hugs: Can't wait to hear what the OB has to say tomorrow!!!
Molly- You need to sleep! I would be If I had a day like that!

afm- well I started spotting today!!! WOOHOO! FINALLY! I hope it's the start of af!

Lvn- I am thinking of you this morning. I hope you get some answers.

Stacey- I am so excited for your spotting!!! Woohoo!!!! I hope this is really her!

Well my bean is gone:/ ultrasound confirmed have to take a medication to induce contractions. So it's gonna be a long weekend.

so sorry Lvn...

Jones - WOOHOOO, congrats on the :witch: being finally almost here! So exciting! Hope this is the start to some regular cycles for you until your :bfp:

LVN a big hug to you! I know this sucks so bad!!

Jones--never thought you'd be so glad to see AF did you? I hope this is her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->