The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Lvn--you have been through so much in the last couple months. Is there any kind of group or support network in your area for pregnancy loss?

Taurus--well.....ever the optimist I have to point out this means we are cycle buddies again!! It sucks, but you have me to grind along with. :) my DH is having surgery on a small cancer spot the day I O so yeah, I don't see a promising cycle this time.

Well still hanging around waiting for af to come or even better a bfp. I think I had ib. Today but that would mean I ov. On cd. 12 with only a 8 day luteal phase. My breast did start to hurt today at 6 doo. Then again I'm only 2 days away from af I guess we shall see.

Lvn- so sorry about the hard time you are having. I hope you give yourself plenty of time to heal before you try to make any important decisions.
Dreamers- have you ovulated yet?
Stacey- Have you had your trip with hubby yet? That sounds like such a good idea!
Calasen- I think it is totally normal to feel crazy stressed leading up to your wedding. You will be a gorgeous and lovely bride. I was not feeling my most beautiful when I got married. I had terrible cystic acne and had gained weight (I was pregnant but not cute belly pregnant, oddly fat looking as I was only 4 1/2 months).
I had a friend do my makeup and another friend do my hair, I loved my dress and felt so beautiful that day. I know I was glowing from the inside out, and you will be too. It is not about the money or your dress size, it is all about love. And that is something wonderful to behold.
Molly- sweet girl, I am so sorry. This felt like a perfect time for you to conceive. I have been thinking about you all day long. I wish there was something I could do from here. Wish I was closer so we could go eat fried food and ice cream. Hope you're hangin in there.
Babyo- hopefully you can BD before his procedure? I think it was dreamers who told us most babies are conceived the 2 days before ov and not day of. I still have everything crossed for you. Everything!
Fry- fingers crossed for you as well. Let us know!

AFM- I am doing ok. Tired and yucky feeling. Have not had my first prenatal appt yet so it is quite surreal. Appt is on 8/22, I am looking forward to it!

Molly - So sorry honey (((HUGS))). Try and stay positive. If you get preggers this month your due date will be 21st May. What will the weather be like? Will you save any money this month that will get you in a better position for a baby? Are you going to gorge on alcohol/caffeine/soft cheese/pate/rare meat that you couldnt eat while pregnant? I know its all silly little things but that is how I get through each month - trying to think of positive things about not being pregnant YET. It will happen. Hang in there x

Lovn - Take it easy. Emotions are no doubt super crazy right now. You need to give yourself time. Would it help to see a counsellor? Someone to rant and rave to, I thought about it after the mc, and would probably do it if I have to go through it again. Such a pain your DH has been moved away for work at this of all times! Can you wangle some time away together, just the 2 of you, to rekindle and relax?

Calasen - sounds like your seriously in need of some bride to be pampering with your girlfriends to chill out before the big day. Dont let those doubts creep in - I certainly worried about it before my wedding day (I had a beach wedding here and a ceremony/party in the uk with only 26 people, it was lovely). But I thinks its just nerves - you have to relax and enjoy now, you have worked super hard for this wedding, make this most of it. Of course Im sure the drugs are not helping, but if you can concentrate on making those wonderful memories. You will look stunning, I know it. And I cant wait to see photos!

Stacey - how was Canada?

Rainy - OMG we have been waiting FOREVER for your 1st antenatal appointment, still another week?!? Will you get the USS then?

AFM - I babydanced Friday and got + OPK Saturday (yay!). Away for the weekend at brother in laws which was fun to get away. I'm really trying not to think about it too much this month, if I did get a BFP I'd rather not know until as late as possible so I don't get used to the idea of being pregnant before I find out if there is even a heart beat. Perhaps I am being over optimistic thinking I wont test based on my prior obsessive testing habits though!

Hey Gals, still in Canada! Will be here til Thursday. I feel so old! Lol. I had 2 margaritas and was out!

Ha! Have a great time! You know your REALLY old when you get hungover from 2 drinks!

Dreamers- what good timing! I am excited! Nice to take it easy, not much you can do now other than take care of yourself.
I will not have an u/s next week, but I'll schedule an NT scan, so that will be soon.

Stacey- lol about the hangover. Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!

Sorry I'm not on so much. I'm trying to pretend this cycle doesn't exist. RE appoint in less than a week and I am so ready!!

Lol! Well last night was fun! This time I had more than 2. I don't even remember how and when we got back to the hostel! I'm paying for it now!

Hi. Can I join this group? I had Mirena placed in 2007 and it was in for 3 1/2 years. We have 3 beautiful children, but we would like another one. I had no issues with it, actually I loved it because I had no AF the entire time. I finally made my decision and had it removed in January. He told me I could go ahead and start trying as soon as I got my first AF. Well, it didn't come in January. Then in Feb, I had a big kidney stone get stuck and it had to be surgically removed. Got AF at the very end of Feb, and then I fell into a 35 day cycle.

I was due for AF June 2nd, but it didn't show. About 3 days later, I realized that it was late, and got so excited! (I have always been very regular. The only time I've skipped AF, I've been pregnant.) Well 20 thousand bfn's later, I decided to demand a blood test, because after all, I was sure! Nope. Blood test was neg. So AF came again July 7th and lasted it's normal 7 days. 4 days after it stopped, I began spotting. Just to rule it out, I took a hpt. BFP!! So very excited, I kept testing like a crazy person. Just found out today it was a chemical.

Forgive me for not wanting to go through and read every post. But is anyone else finding their cycles out of whack this long after Mirena removal or experiencing chemical's?

welcome jcombs :)

And in answer to the last question - yes we all had issues with periods sorting them selves out and a few of us had chemicals at the beginning :( Don't worry though honey more often then not it rights it self just varys on how long it takes :)

Oh that's great to hear. If I knew it was going to be like this, I would have never gotten in put in. When they removed it, they said it might take a few months, but I didn't think it would take so long!

Jcombs: Yes and yes. My cycles go from 23 to 33 days and I also had a chemical. I'm now seeing an RE but other ladies have gone on to have successful pregnancies without intervention.

I just bought a basal thermometer so I can chart. I got so confused over the last month because I was getting positive home tests and negative blood tests at the doctor. I didn't know when or if I o'd. Now I want to keep better track.

hi everyone!

stacey- hope youre having a wonderful time!!!!!! :) i wanna see pics! lol

bbyo- you are right, cycle buddies!! hows everything going? i am dying to know how your RE appt. goes. I will be stalking the thread on that day...waiting for your update!! yayayay!

dreamers- so true. may 21st would be a beautiful due date. i appreciate your positive outlook! I am thinking of all the benefits of not getting pregnant this month, rather than how sad I am! How are things with you??

afm, saw my midwife! she thinks im normal and that if i keep trying I will get pregnant soon. thats my visit in a nutshell, really. she was really positive and made me feel much more confident that it will happen. she said it looks as if i have a clear O pattern, my cycles are 28-33 days each month which is normal... so i guess im just waiting. she also mentioned i could bring DH in for a question/answer session in case we decided to get some testing done on him. DH is willing, but not too excited about it. lol She thinks I could conceive any month now, provided DH is healthy... no hot baths/showers...boxers only...he has been taking his mens vitamin for me and been eating healthier with me. Only time can tell now.

check this out... DH and I had our first date on Sept. 10 years ago...I found out I was pregnant with DS on Sept. 10, 2008, got married Sept. 10, 2011... and I can test on Sept. 10 next month to see if I am preggo...on our first wedding anniversary! We have plans the weekend before-- which would be too early to test but it would be an awesome anniversary gift for the hubs.

welcome jcombs! nice to "meet" you! we are all crazy but between all of our very different situations, i know we can help you in this journey, too! :)

Thank you. Hubby and I are convinced that the Mirena caused this last chemical I had.

calasen, beautiful wedding blog! you are so creative, I am envious! your wedding is going to be absolutely gorgeous and best of all, ONE OF A KIND. I cant wait to see it all. 7 days and counting! :)

Calasen- thanks for sharing the blog! I LOVE the tiara and most of all I love the typewriter. What a great deal you got on it, as well! Lucky find, eh?

Molly/Taurus- sounds like a wonderful appointment. Very reminiscent of the appointment I had at the beginning of the cycle when we conceived. I think part of what did it was that hubby was sick the week after AF and we did not BD for a long time until day before ovulation. I was so worried that we did not BD enough, but I guess it was just enough!
As they say, only takes one :)

Combs- I would guess you are probably right about the cause of your chemical. I thought it was so great not having a period for 3 1/2 years but now I feel differently. It is so not normal for our uteruses!!

Hya ladies! Vacation is over, parents are gone, and I'm missing a couple of temps! Lol cd 40,&41 I think. Those 2 days I didnt sleep! Ughh now I wish I had. I just put in those 2 temps. I went by my crazy pattern. What do you guys think? I'll catch up with everyone when I get on my computer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->