The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

hopn, i also would say the 9th was CD1 for you! good luck this cycle...!! :) I look forward to following your journey this time around!!

mellie, ooooh lots of spermies to await the egg! thats fantastic. Good luck, sending you tons of baby dust and all the other goodness! yaaaaay!

afm, i made it to work, 7am- without af. HOWEVER. if there was a day I felt like she was definitely coming, TODAY IS THAT DAY. I am in full swing cramps mode. oooohhh yes. I am *still* remaining hopeful but I think today might be D Day for me. lol

Taurus- Thanks for your imput and I am gonna go with the 9th also and just be patient since my fertile days have moved from the 16th to the 20th but hey I am thanmful AF finally came 47 days post Mirena removal. My fingers are crossed AF doesn't show today or for the next 9 1/2 months for that matter;-) Keep us updated and I am holding my breath in hopes to hear no AF!! Good luck honey!

Oh question ladies....if you don't know your cycle length what should you guess?

hopn, thank you so much! i am excited for you that af finally showed. now you can really get down to business and start tracking everything like us crazy women. haha are you going to use OPKs? temping?

mellissa- i meant to tell you that my friend had a baby who is now 3 months old and she just got her af back. lol

Taurus- I honestly haven't even considered it. Since this is my first cycle I would like to stay away from them....plus they are so expensive. I am sure I will if this cycle is not sucessful because I am another one of you crazy ttc moms and PROUD OF IT! haha

thats understandable, hopn! i didnt do anything the first several months...but BD'd all the time. LOL

stacey- how ya doin today? how ya feeling?

liz- hey there! hope the bump is doing well today :)

calasen- hope youre having a wonderful day!

dreamers- have you caved and tested early today? i have zero willpower so i totally understand if you did. i admire people that can hold out!!

lucy- if you're out there... i hope youre doing GREAT!! we could use an update. :)

ive been wondering what happened to all our people we used to have on the thread!

afm, made it to 8:30am without af yet. haha ive been going to the bathroom every single hour to check on things. i have pretty bad cramping on my far right side... almost like its my ovary. not painful... just pressure and an ache like af is about to arrive.

Your halarious but yeah I would be going all the time too. Yeah where did all the girls go:-( We need updates and a thread full of BFP! Hopefully they are to busy celebrating so they don't have time to chat!! Well FX for you Taurus. When was AF due again? Have you tested? I don't remember....you could be like me and test everyday...haha (yep crazy ttc lady)

hopn- i have tested like 3-4 times now. lol i did NO kind of tracking this cycle. I have an 11-12 day LP and I O between CD 17-21. So if I O'ed on my latest day of CD 21 (which I think I did, bc of fertile cm) I should start today. I tested on 9/9, 9/12 with $ tree tests and 9/14 with a digi...all bfn. BUT it could very well have been too early for any of those. So if she doesnt show today ill be *officially* later than any previous cycle I had...putting me roughly 12dpo. is this making sense? LOL it looks confusing. anyway, ill be testing again tomorrow if she doesnt show!

Hi all!
Babyo- hope still no side effects from femara.
Stacey- hi sweetie!! How is it with the kiddos back in school?
Mellissa- I did not get AF back while BFing, but I got Mirena inserted at 8 weeks post partum. I BF for a long time and when I stopped I still had mirena and no AF so i think it was mirena keeping AF away and not BF. Does that make any sense?
Molly- oh my gosh I am cheering for you over here! Please please please NO AF!!!
Hopn- as far as cycle length- maybe just use whatever was normal for you before Mirena as a starting point. Orgasms are good for conceiving and extra lubrication could only help those swimmers, in my opinion.
As far as figuring out when you are fertile this month, once your period ends start observing your cervical mucus. Generally it goes like this: dry after AF, creamy CM after that, then watery and the best most fertile CM is called egg white. Clear and stretchy like egg whites this comes just before your egg and any time you detect it you should go get busy!!! I hope this is helpful, it is free to check your CM!

Sorry to anyone I missed, I had a lot to catch up on :)

AFM- I have an appointment on Wednesday. The nausea and food aversions are blissfully over. Now I am hungry All The Time. My NT screening was good, nothing alarming. It was amazing to see the baby in there. I am so excited to find out the gender in the next 4-6 weeks.

Lovely to hear from you rainy mama! Glad ur scan went well and that ur nausea is now disappearing!

X

Hello Everyone!!!

Molly- wohooo!!! I hope AF stays away!!! I keep looking at your chart every few hours! lol

Liz- How lovely!! I can't wait for you to find out what you're having!

Hopn- I hope your cycles get back to normal after AF is gone! It can be very frustrating when you have no idea what is going on or where you stand! :hugs:

Mellissa- I can't remember if I answered this or not, But my periods have always been screwed up! I have no idea how I even got pregnant twice! Before ttc#3 I never really pay attention to my cycles.

Mellie- How's it going?

Bbyo- I heard Femara is much better than Clomid (side effect wise) lol. If that's even a word!

Calesen- How are you doing?

Dreamers- how are you? :hi:

afm- I am so fkn Stressed is crazy, I cant remember if I told you guys but dhs cousin moved in with us..we thought we'd lend her a hand since she just moved from Cali. Thing is she's pregnant, she failed to tell us until after all her shyt was already in our house. I can't stand her. She doesn't help, all she does is eat and sleep. Excuse me but I've been pregnant and as bad as morning sickness was sometimes, I never once sat there and complained about it! not too mention i've had to go through that and take care of a toddler. She just really makes me mad. she's 28 yrs old. So she is not a child..she's a grown ass woman and should be a little more responsible. I'm just hoping she can get her shyt straighten out and get out of my house! I'm sorry to dump this all on you ladies. I just needed to vent! Thanks for reading lol. cycle wise, seems like my temps are gonna start being wacky again. *sigh*

That sounds awful Stacey - so sorry you're going through that. And the extra stress isn't good for your ttc#3!! :(

I found out last month that my cousin is going to start TTC soon. As much as I want my Abigail to have a cousin close in age, I Do NOT want my cousin to ever have kids. She's 26, has zero sense of responsibility, doesn't have two pennies to rub together, doesn't work, wants a man who will "take care of her", is with a "doctor" (ultrasound tech) who treats her like dirt and is only with her to keep her as a trophy while he messes around with other women, doesn't know how to do anything for herself, and is the most self-centered person EVER. There's no way she could put a child before herself and she had a terrible childhood with a terrible mother so it isn't like she even has a good role model of how to be a mother. UGH.

Anyway Stacey, I hope things get sorted out with your DH's cousin soon. Has she found a job so she can get her own place to live? Does she have a plan in place at least?

I really don't talk to her much, but my sister in law told me how she did ask her when she was going to move out, and her reply was maybe a little before the baby is born or a little after! No flippin way!!! She is getting out before the baby is born. I already told dh she better be finding somewhere to go. She should just move in with her parents. ( which by the way don't want her there either) I hope for her own sake and the baby's she is looking because I don't know how much longer I can stand her. I' m sorry for the baby, but I don't think it's my responsibility to worry about that. I'm sorry if I sound like an awful person.

I don't think you do at all. I feel terrible for my cousin's future children as do everyone else in my family but there's nothing we can do about it and it isn't our responsibility. Unfortunately, it's the kids that will suffer. But over-providing for the kids to compensate for the mom's stupidity doesn't help either. That's what happened to my cousin and she ended up just as screwed up as her mom. All she's ever had to do is hold out her hand and my grandmother gives her whatever she asks for because she feels guilty for screwing up with her daughter (my cousin's mom). Now my cousin is 26 and has all the same problems her mom does, maybe even worse.

That sucks! I lost respect for her when she mentioned abortion. Supposedly it was her dads idea but just the fact that she even took it in consideration, pisses me off! Not to mention she doesn't know who the father is. Just typing about this makes me bloody mad! Ughhh, I pray she gets her life straighten out befOre the baby gets here!

WOW. stress city! im so sorry, stacey! i can only imagine how frustrating that would be, on SO many different levels! ugh i hope that gets worked out quickly. will your husband talk to her? how does he feel about it all? mellissa is right, you do NOT need that stress while ttc, either!

mellissa, yikes. she doesnt sound ready at all... and i believe 99% of the time no one is reaaallly "ready", but she doesnt sound like she COULD be a good parent. thats a sticky situation!!!

hopefully both ladies get their lives straightened out, and quick. seems neither have time to spare!

afm, its 8pm...and NO AF. im FREAKING OUT. i feel like i just know she will be here in the morning. these cramps... uhh...i have went to the bathroom every hour ON the hour today check for her, bc it feels like she is r.i.g.h.t. t.h.e.r.e.
im still pretty excited that im the latest ive ever been right now!

ooooh Molly, I'm holding out hope for you!! Can't wait to hear how things progress! And I know I don't need to twist your arm to test, but :test: !!

Dreamers! What is going on? Have you tested yet??

Molly- I can't wait for morning!

Stacey and mellissa- both of those scenarios are scary and it is definitely the babies I am scared for.
Stacey- I am with molly and hope your DH will talk to her about when to leave....

Stacey I hope your DH talks to her and asks her to find a place, that's not good at all :( sounds like my sister about 5 years ago....she's now had her little boy and she has changed and is a good parent, not fantastic she often goes out and asks anyone and everyone to look after her son etc which really annoys me but yeah she's kind of sorted her life out and managed to get a council house etc but she lived with my mum up until baby was 15 months and did nothing but eat their food, take for granted on tap babysitters....grrr haha! Anyway I hope she is gone soon, I always feel sorry for the kids too :(.

Eeeeek Molly! Hope AF still doesn't turn up in the morning....when are you going to test??

AFM it's my birthday :D 24 today eeeek! I feel old :lol: OH got me an external hard drive (not really a birthday present but something I've wanted to buy for a while!) and we went shopping Friday night but couldn't find anything I wanted so I've still got £50 from him that I can have as and when I see something! Got a bottle of wine from work which I quickly drank last night just incase I can't drink for the next 9 months ;) haha!!

Going to my mum and dads later and will see all the family aunties uncles etc then off for an all you can eat Indian buffet, yum!!!

Did an OPK this morning and it has faded since yesterday's one?! But yesterday's wasn't positive either, it looked almost positive...it was with FMU which they say not to use tho so I will try another later before I go out about 1pm, would that be okay?? Would be amazing if I was O'ing on my bday!! Hopefully DTD later and then final time tomorrow night if OH isn't too tired!! Kind of have a good feeling about this cycle.

Anyway hope your all having good weekends! Im off to open more cards and presents :D

X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->