The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Thanks Rainy. I feel bad not trusting him with her but I know it will get better!

Stacey & Dreamers, can't wait for your appts!

Hi,
I'm April, I am a proud mother of 3 boys, 16, 14, and 10. I had 2 Mirena's each for 5 years, I had no AF the entire time. DH and I have decided to try for one last child, hopefully a girl :winkwink: My mirena was taken out on 09/04/12. I haven't had AF visit yet, and I'm not sure what to expect. I have had lots of strange symptoms, I'm sure I am mentally causing them. Please let me know what to expect as I am soooo lost!!

Thanks!
April :wacko:

Hi April and welcome! You must have your hands full with three boys! My brother and sisters and I are ten, thirteen, and fifteen years apart and I love the age gap (I'm the oldest). Hopefully your boys will dote on their baby sister/brother!

As for the symptoms, they are extremely common after removal. I swore I was pregnant that first real cycle after removal and was positively CRUSHED when af came. (mine was removed 3/4/11, af arrived 3/15. I had af while on mirena so I didn't have the crazy waiting game like some do!)Anyway, I was super depressed. Before mine was removed I read a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility which I found fascinating and definitely recommend it. I started charting my bbt right after removal and found it comforting to know that my body 'worked' and was ovulating regularly. Other ladies on here can explain it's not always the case so I think we all definitely recommend charting if it won't stress you out.

Anyway, best of luck to you! :dust:

Goodness, where is everyone?

Operation - Sorry to see your spotting has started, another 12 day LP at least. How are you doing?

Welcome April - ditto, sign up to fertilityfriend.com and start charting. Try to ignore bizarre symptoms and distract yourself with learning everything you need for next cycle. good luck!

AFM - 6 weeks. Time is passing pretty slowly. Still getting cramps, and nausea only when I overheat. I chickened out of testing again with conception indicator in case it confirms my suspicions. Doesnt seem much point in being miserable for the next 21/2 weeks when I cant do anything about it. Hopefully Im wrong :)

Sorry guys. I'll be taking a bit of a BnB break. I'm so busy with work and school and we are about to head to Italy for two weeks on a belated honeymoon. :) Yay! I'm going to keep going with Femara + progesterone and probably ask for three more months once we make it through these three.

We are looking at other options and I'm even contemplating taking a post-doc position in MA since they pay for IVF up there. lol Who knew babies could determine job choices!! haha

Anyway, I'll be thinking of all of you!

ok, so ive been silently stalking. lol

ive had such a relaxed cycle...and ive barely thought about ttc! honestly! its been amazing. lol

dreamers... A HUGE CONGRATS!! omg omg... i have a really good feeling about this... and I think you are having a boy. thats what my gut is telling me!

stacey- how goes it?! i miss you terribly. i cant wait to see your next temps! how lovely would it be to get a bfp before your appt?!

bbyo! enjoy your trip! i am so freakin jealous of you right now. lol italy! amazing! as for your future baby deciding your job, i think its brilliant. it just goes to show how much of an awesome mom you are going to be... you will get to tell your child just how dedicated you were to them before they were even born. will be thinking of you!

liz, oh how time is flying by! sheesh! i know you are cute as a button right now! how are you feeling?! been feeling lots of movements?? *sigh* if i was there i would totally be that person rubbing your belly. i think we are that good of friends now. LOL

mellie- woo hoo! congrats! :) wishing you a happy and healthy 9 mos!

hello there hardatworkmom! welcome! we are a crazy but lovely bunch of ladies! all of our experiences after mirena were quite different. i felt SO pregnant afterwards. lol stupid hormones! i had withdrawal bleeding 4 days post removal and a real period 38 days after that. good luck and i hope you get to conceive quickly! :)

afm, just been working, relaxing... preparing for the holidays here. spending the last few nice days out with DS at the parks in town, roasting marshmallows, have been to the apple orchard to pick apples, baked pies, went to the corn mazes, pumpkin patches... i am in full holiday swing here! i love it!

we did get some BDing in during my fertile time. im CD22 and i havent BD'd since CD17 late in the evening... more likely 1-2am CD18 actually. lol i hope that was good enough. i actually got ewcm pretty early this cycle. i didnt get much so im not sure when i ovulated... but right now, i dont mind... bc dh and i have been having fun and enjoying each other. i figure i will test around... october 18th ish. i have 2 frer's and 1 digital on hand for when i start going crazy again. haha

anyway, thats whats new with me. i miss you ladies!

Enjoy your holiday BabyO! Sounds wonderful, and so romantic!

Good to hear from you Taurus!

So I was doing some looking online last night, and turns out there is a class action lawsuit against Mirena. You can call 1 800 bad drug for more info, if any of you are interested.

flying visit, on our honeymoon!! :) Will be back weds and catch up then love to all!! XXX

No AF yet though :(

I have no will power! Here I am, back at BnB. I got super excited b/c I found a clinic about 3.5 hours from us that has a great reputation and does IVF for like $6500 (plus meds) per round and it goes down for each subsequent cycle. I have family that lives near this clinic so while driving would be a pain in the butt, the cost savings are HUGE. I think that's our plan for the spring as soon as insurance kicks in.

thanks jcombs, may be worth looking into. let us know if you call.

calasen, thats good news! hope you are enjoying your time... looking forward to a nice update and pics!

bbyo- what a deal!! im excited for you... to have a plan! the spring cant get here fast enough. lol i wouldnt be surprised if you got a bfp before then, tho!!!

afm... yesterday, CD 22... and what do ya know? EWCM out of nowhere. with my 11 day LP and the 34 day cycle i had last month... i guess its not out of the realm of possibility. We had to get to business last night, or well, this morning around 3am! DH and i had not DTD since CD 17... so if I DID O...there should have been plenty o spermies to reach the egg.

come on lucky cycle #13!!

hope everyone is well. how are you, dreamers??

I didn't call, but I googled 1 800 bad drug, and went to the lawyer that came up, and gave them my information. Waiting for them to call me back to see if I have a case.

wow, please keep me posted, jcombs!

hows everyone's night tonight? i was just discussing with DH about how we are NOT going on BC after our next baby... i wanted to go over it again to be clear. LOL he is nervous about having 3 kids but i definitely want 3! if i was crazy rich id prolly have like 5+ hehe
I am starting to feel like #2 will never happen. every month i have felt so hopeful... this month... it just doesnt seem like it will happen at all. wah :(

I'm really curious everyone's cycles will be post delivery post mirena...if they will return to pre baby our pre mirena...

Ok, I just got back from the doctors, after a faint positive on a pee-stick test there and so they took a blood test and I am indeed pregnant!! Crazy since I just got my IUD out on 09/04, but I have taken probably 10 HPT and all positive!! Good luck to all of you and sending out lots of baby dust!!

congrats hardatworkmum

Operation - Thats great to have a plan, IF you need it. Still sounds like a lot of money to me
! But Ill believe you thats a good deal.

Taurus - good luck good luck good luck. REALLY hope cycle 13 is lucky for you! You deserve it!

AFM - doctors appt today. Im going back to the one with the sensitivity of a brick! Last time after the miscarriage she asked me if the fetus was disintegrating on the ultrasound, and it was probably because my hubby is much older than me that I miscarried. I probably should have changed, I dont mind her putting her foot in it most of the time, because she's quite proactive but if I miscarry again I dont know that I need to hear that sort of thing. Anyway, shouldnt need much, just need the referral for the obgyn signed by her.

On a positive note I felt super sick yesterday and boobs have been much more sore, today feel like I could sleep ALL day. I took another conception indicator test and it went up to 3+ so all good signs. Ive just got to get through the next 2 weeks without driving myself nuts analysing symptoms!

Wow dreamers, she sounds awful! How can you stand that?? Ugh!

how far along are you now? Have you thought of buying an at home doppler? I'd be going crazy if I were you. I used my doppler at least weekly after about 7 weeks...

Hi Gardens - Dr was very well behaved today, even asked me to send her a pic of baby when its born, hope I get the chance! Im 6 weeks 4 days today. Did you find a heart beat at 7 weeks?! Im half tempted to lock myself in a room with the work ultrasound or doppler, but worried I might just worry myself more if I cant find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->