The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Thanks guys - Im learning lots, baby led weaning, books on birth and breast milk banks (from a quick google search there is one that supplies NSW/SE QLD)

Welcome Shadow! Good luck!

DH is a bit more pleasant over the last few days. Im just trying not to get stressed about the cleaning - not worth a mega argument!

I had the loveliest dream last night, was in labour and delivered a gorgeous baby in about 2 hours, turned to DH and said I don't know what all the fuss is about, it hardly hurt at all. Then I woke up and realized it was a dream, damn it!

Had to do a gluocose tolerance test today which was a pain in the butt! Hopefully it will be negative!

Hey Shadowrat :) I'm still trying, although it seems I may be the only other one on here thats is right now :)

I hope she's okay!

We are only ntnp, but I'm still hoping to get pg too so you aren't exactly the only one! :) but I know my situation is a little different now. Sorry you feel like the only one still trying. Hopefully shadowrat will stick around and some others will join too!

Can't believe your already trying for your second one :( Some days I feel like it's just never gonna happen for us :( been 3 years now :(

Calasen- I'm still here! I've just been a little bummed lately, its been a year already :( oh well. Don't give up yet!

afm- well 8dpo and feeling like i'm out already. My usual ewcm pattern.

I'm sorry calasen :-( we aren't really trying...just not preventing and hoping it will happen again but this time without assistance. W would love a larger gap between our kids but dh is already 35 and we want four if it works out that way

Hey jones! Nice to hear from you. Your cycles seem to have shortened a bit? Are you taking and medication/herbs?? Hope your still feeling positive x

Hey calasen. I'm sorry thinks are taking do long, after two years of trying I understand the frustration. Are you having any fertility help at the mo??
I'm another one trying now too! Good luck to us all xx

They wont help, they said my only option is IVF and for that I need to lose 95 pounds ...

How is the weight loss going hun?? It's good to have something achievable to work towards xx just think you've still got options, and you will someday soon have a little baby, even if it takes help to get there xx I know it's hard to stay positive, but you'll get there xx sending you all my positive thoughts :)) xx

Aww, I'm sorry calasen. :( I wish there were something I could say to make it better or do to make it happen for you guys.

Dreamers- I don't know if this pertains to your location too, probably not, but I came across this site on facebook tonight for milk sharing in the UK and thought of you since I had mention HM4HB before. https://m.facebook.com/EatsOnFeetsUnitedKingdom

Working on the weight loss, not seen a huge loss yet but have finally got a physio so getting activity level up in a way that doesn't bother my conditions :) will get there! :)

That sounds fabulous calasen, well done hun! You'll feel so much better when you can see things happening! I'm trying motivate myself to loose my baby weight at the mo, just not happening! Being a healthy weight definitely helped me conceive my little one.

That sounds great calasen! Once you know what works best for you, you'll shed those pounds in no time!!

Lucy- once you are given the green light on exercise you should definitely check out a stroller fitness group if any exist where you are. I joined one at the beginning of january instead of a gym to keep Abigail out of a germy daycare. I go about twice per week and have lost 5-8 pounds but more exciting in my opinion was dropping a pants size! :)

Hey shadow! You're more than welcome to join. Some of us are ttc, some pg, some ttc after having a lo. All post mirena, all with our own ups an downs following removal. Feel free to ask questions/share stories! Are you actively ttc? Charting etc?? Did you get on ok with the mirena??

Thanks Lucy, that's what a figured, lovely to have a mixed bunch :)

I've had 2 Mirenas since my boy was born in 2009... The first one was a godsend for 2 years, then my periods came back heavily and hormones changed and doc said it might not be effective any more so best to change it... They had a nightmare trying to change it, taking the old one out wasn't too bad but had horrible experience when they tried to put the next one in :cry: I bled LOADS and they couldnt get it in so had to go to walk in centre instead and they did it with much less pain and stress!

But this second coil has been problematic for me, constantly getting infections etc... I loved the fact that it kept my hormones so stable though and mega light periods!

My doc keeps going on at me that when I want contraception again, I shouldn't be put off the coil, but I'd find it hard to have another one put in after some difficult experiences!!

(sorry, wordy post!! haha!) xxx

P.S. Yea, we are actively TTC, but I never did charting with my son and tbh I wouldn't know where to start!! I'll be using OPKs etc this time as they helped us to get our bfp with Vincent :) I'll be doing an OPK on Sunday I think, fingers crossed for a quick result! :D

Hi Shadow!! Welcome! As Lucy said, some in here are ttc, some pg, some with new little ones and ttc again. Feel free to ask any questions you have. Each of us has had a different experience with mirena and I think many would be happy to share. I think the only thing all of us have in common post mirena is that progesterone supplements were needed to sustain pregnancy. Anyway, welcome again!!

Hi Edens :) Thanks for the welcome! Wow, really, you ALL needed progesterone supplements post mirena? That's tough... How long did you guys all take before you realised you needed them?? Did you just take them right away when the coil came out? I'd love to hear more about that, I had no idea I might need anything like that... I hope I don't still hoping (foolishly??) for a quick BFP!

Shadow- my son was 3 1/2 when we started trying. Now he is almost five and I am due a week before his b-day!
I did not require progesterone supplements to sustain my pregnancy but definitely had some weird side effects post Mirena, like non existent periods. Very weird.

Thanks sweetie :flower: I guess it is more common for it to take a while to get preggo after mirena? I am so clueless! I am still hoping that I will get lucky and get my BFP quickly... But we will just have to see how we go I guess! I'll give it a few cycles with the OPKs before I go to doc and ask about Progesterone supplements if it's not happening yet!

So exciting that you are due soon, you must be over the moon! Do you know if it's a little brother or little sister for your boy? Which would you prefer? :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->