The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Hello
I took my mirena out October 2012 and have been TTC since then. What i find hard is that i don't know my body. I long did it take to get a regular period after? Sorry for all the questions .I was hoping that I would get pregnant fast but no luck. How long did it take you girls to get a bfp
Thank you in advance

Shadowrat, the progesterone is a pill I had to insert vaginally twice per day after I got my bfp to keep my progesterone level high enough to sustain the pregnancy until 12 weeks. Basically my body forgot how to produce progesterone after receiving synthetic progesterone through the mirena. A few ladies have had miscarriages because of low progesterone. I thank my dr every day for testing mine as soon as I got my bfp and knowing to put me straight on supplements. No fun and made me exhausted beyond belief but most definitely worth it!!

Welcome luciole! It took us nine months of active trying, charting, opks, timed bding, etc. to get our bfp but I have a friend who got pregnant the first month after removal so everyone is different. I found charting my bbt reassuring that my body was working properly so if you want to know what your body is doing, I definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much Edens :) That's great info. I'll ask my doctor to look into it for me when I get my BFP! I only had the mirena in for 2 years, i wonder if it gets more likely that your body forgets how to produce the progesterone the longer you have the coil?

xx

Hi! It took us 15 cycles. My progesterone problems were so bad I had to go on the medium dose of Femara and take the highest dose of oral progesterone possible just to get pregnant. Without them I couldn't even implant properly. My Luteal phase was only 8 days. I took the supplements and had to have weekly progesterone levels drawn until 12 weeks. I only had mirena 2 or 2.5 years. I'll never go on birth control again.

We had to see an RE to conceive. DH also had some issues so that didn't help any either.

I only had it for two years also, implanted 2/23/09 and removed 3/4/11. I won't ever go back on birth control either.

Hey luciole, welcome to the thread, nice to have a couple of newbies!!
I had my mirena in for 6 an a half years, got pg the first cycle after removal, but sadly miscarried. After several months of trying and nothing, I started temping and using fertility friend to plot my cycle doin knew exactly what was going on each month. After five more miscarriages we went for fertility treatment. I had two cycles or clomid to boost my ovulation, also progesterone, which you take from ovulation till your af, or till your 12weeks. I implanted successfully on my second lot of clomid, then progesterone kept bean there safely! I had blood tests, scans every two weeks, and gave birth four months ago!!
I recommend strongly charting your temps and cycle. Helps big time post mirena to know what your cycles doing. Then your prepared if something isn't going quite right!
I know it sounds like doom an gloom post mirena, but for every girl having probs, I'm sure there are some doing fine, so don't be disheartened!! We all get there in the end, and have our own journey to tell! An it is soooo worth it!!!!xx

Thank you for the info lucyoz34. I will start charting. So if I get it you take your body temp when you wake up?I think I need to read more on it to see exactly how it works. Congrats on your new arrival

Thanks luciole! He's scrummy!!
Yep if you get a digital thermometer, make sure it shows two decimal points. Take your temp literally as you open your eyes. An I know it sounds gross, but youll get a far more accurate reading if you take it vaginally. The temp changes are very small, but you will start to see a pattern. Have you been on fertility friend?? It's a great site to record everything, lots of info on your cycle and tells you when you're likely to have ovulated. Helped me out no end when I started. I was totally clueless!!! Any questions just ask hun ok, someone on here will have an answer!!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks sweetie :flower: I guess it is more common for it to take a while to get preggo after mirena? I am so clueless! I am still hoping that I will get lucky and get my BFP quickly... But we will just have to see how we go I guess! I'll give it a few cycles with the OPKs before I go to doc and ask about Progesterone supplements if it's not happening yet!

So exciting that you are due soon, you must be over the moon! Do you know if it's a little brother or little sister for your boy? Which would you prefer? :) xx[/QUOTE]

Charting will help you figure out if you need progesterone. If you don't conceive right away I highly recommend it.
We are having another boy and are so exvited!

39WEEKS rainy!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITED!!!!!! Any plans or twinges??? I bet you cannot wait to see little baby <3 xx

I have been having contractions for weeks, even last night I had them regularly but they stopped. Sigh. I guess this is called prodomal labor.
Starting Monday I began losing clumps of my mucus plug, so that must be progress, right? I am so excited to find blood tinged mucus! Reminds me of the TTC days looking for EWCM.

Losing the mucus plug is definitely the beginning :) I hope you don't have to wait long! Don't forget to let us know when things happen. Fingers crossed its all quick an easy and you and baby recover quickly xx I absolutely loved the excitement of the last week or so, and then the thrill of the birth. So so precious <3 xx

Liz- So close!!! WE'll definitely have to get together for coffee after the baby is born! We're planning on moving closer to Portland because of hubby's work!

Very neat liz! I lost my plug on tuesday and started leaking fluid on sunday evening, abigail was born tuesday morning. :)

Thanks ladies! Stacey- good idea!
I will keep you posted, having contractions tonight, but that is nothing new! Someday it will happen, I am thinking he will be born by march 17th. Just a guess!

How exciting Rainy!!! Is everything at home ready to go?

Welcome Luciole hi shadowrat
I had my mirena taken out ~9 months before i planned to start ttc, took 6 months to get my bfp, mmc at 9/40 and another 4 months ttc before I got this BFP. I spotted throughout my 1st trimester both times but never got progesterone levels - I suspect the 2nd time it was all cervical as they never found any source of bleeding on the scans

Calasen and Stacey- Sorry your both feeling frustrated with this taking so long. It will happen, and your long wait before success will be a source of inspiration for other ladies still TTC. Calasen, dont give up on the weight loss, remember every bit of weight lost increases your chances of conceiving naturally and then you wouldnt need their ivf. I know you think its impossible - but LOADS of women have been told they cant conceive and then go on to do just that! Baby dust to you both!

AFM - I've been freaking out this week as have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. It increases risks of all sorts of problems loads (although this is reducable by good control). I havent seen my ob since but they definately wont let me go over term without inducing labour, and have to have loads of extra monitoring to ensure the baby is not getting too big. I have to follow an unbelievably strict diet, eat every 3hours and check my blood sugar 4 times a day. My sugars were a bit crazy for the first couple of days but fingers crossed are starting to get under control. The guidelines are much stricter than other types of diabetes and if i get more than 1 or 2 high readings in a week i will need to start insulin

Omg stacey!!! I totally hope that's a :bfp: dreamers sees! I see it too!!!

dreamers- so sorry about the gestational diabetes! No fun at all!!

Omg Stacey?????????????????? Sooooooo hope it's your bfp hun, let us know as soon as you can!!

Dreamers that's scary! Still it's something very manageable as you said, and at least you get to see your baby more often, and know things are going ok :)) I hope you're feeling ok though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->