The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Thank you, it is tuff but will be so worth it in the end.
I can't imagine going through what you are, I would be frustrated beyond compare. Have the dr's still not been able to figure out what is going on?
I feel like a creeper the way I stalked these posts lol. I am sorry you had a rough night. It never feels good to cry yourself to sleep.

Dawnnita that is very true... everything we go thru is all worth it in the end when we know there's a lil "somebody" in our belly...

No... the Dr. says now I need a new pap and then we will move forward with figuring out what's going on... I know she is trying to buy time before doing any real tests because it's only been 4 months and technically what I'm going thru is not a fertility problem until I've been trying for 1 year.

I argued the point that it's not just me not being able to get pregnant yet (that's a fertility problem after 1 year of trying) but it's the fact that from April to June I looked and felt pregnant with all the symptoms and body changes (except I still got AF which is not abnormal for me I had AF with DS #1 until 6 months and with DS #2 until 3 months) and now since the beginning of August it's happening again... I was told to be patient that these occurances would taper off or I'd get pregnant... WHAT? So I sit miserbly with my pregnant feeling and looking body and well... I wait.

Crying myself to sleep is a regular occurance nowadays... I wish it wasn't but I was convinced by Drs that I would be back to normal immediately and probably be pregnant within the month following removal... but that's not what has me so upset... its the fact that I have all the symptoms and my belly gets big but there's no baby and no explanation to why this is happening...

Lol I stalked the posts too for a while before joining...

For those curious...

This is what my body looks like right now "not pregnant"...
Dr. claims she doesn't understand why I look this way...

Normal weight 180 lbs. and flat belly...
I have been losing weight with this... I am now 171 lbs.

It is hard like a pregnant belly
It has the brown line down from the belly button
It is heavy and uncomfortable

Tests have been done on blood and urine...negative for everything including pregnancy (hcg level of 3)
Had x-rays and CTs and MRIs to rule out tumor or cancer or intestinal block... nothing!

Just thought I'd share... sorry sideways... I uploaded from phone...

Attachments

• 20130809_220838.jpg
    20130809_220838.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20130809_221223.jpg
    20130809_221223.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20130809_221739.jpg
    20130809_221739.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes... the Dr. I see now isn't my original Dr.
I started seeing my new Dr. after the last one told me I was over reacting...

Yes... the Dr. I see now isn't my original Dr.
I started seeing my new Dr. after the last one told me I was over reacting...

Yes hopefully...I just hate having to walk around this way and know there's nothing in there...

And apparently AF is deciding she doesn't want to show her face considering she's due to arrive today... sadly tests on the 7th said :bfn: so im not getting my hopes up...

Well there is still a chance. Wait till tomorrow or Monday and try again.

Well I started spotting an hour ago... so unless my hcg is invisible I'm once again stuck with the body but no baby... let's see how long this episode lasts... there's always "hope" but I'm running low on "want to"...

How are you today Dawnnita?

My brothers Wife has just given birth to a beautiful baby girl!!

Her 2nd, his 5th :) He now has 4 daughters and 1 son :)

A small part of me is hurting and very jealous but most of me is soo happy for them :)

Unfortunately Rosie was born with a cleft pallette so needs surgery, but at least its small and its a relatively straight forward operation these days with huge sucess :)

Oh Calasen congrats to your brother and his wife on their lil girl!

Rosie... what a darling name...I'm sure surgery will go well... when will they be doing surgery?

What a joy it must be to have a brand new niece! Don't spoil her too much! Lol

Oh Calasen congrats to your brother and his wife on their lil girl!

Rosie... what a darling name...I'm sure surgery will go well... when will they be doing surgery?

What a joy it must be to have a brand new niece! Don't spoil her too much! Lol

Thats still to be decided, the longer they can leave it the better as babies don't do so well with anesthetic but it all depends on how much it effects her feeding etc, so far shes breast feeding fine though :)

My brother has always chosen "classic" names for his babies, same as my sister and our planned names :)

We have a Courtney, Millie, Leah, Samuel, Thomas, Charlie and now a Rosie :) We will be going for William Robert or Isobel Antonia :)

P.S we also welcomed our second great nephew this week :) Tristan Robert :)

Congrats on the great nephew as well Calasen! Tristan is a very nice name as well...

William Robert and Robert Antonio are my brother's names...
I love the spelling of Isobel much better than Isabel (this is how I usually see it spelt)

Glad Rosie is doing good so far! Yes... waiting to do surgery would be best and if she's breastfeeding fine then that is all to the good! There is time to wait!

Congrats on all of your joyous events... thank you for sharing them!

The Isobella was my dad's great grandmothers name but I would hate for it to become Bella, so Isobel is the solution :) We also like Bethany :p

William Robert is for both grandfathers on both sides :)

Yesterday was a pretty tuff day. My Dr brought up the possibility of ne having a hysterectomy. I am 21 years old. 22 next month. I don't want to think about that stuff yet. But I have been spotting and that's it and I am still in excruciating pain. So my OH and I are hoping I can stay strong and control my pain with ibuprofen or my Percocet. I don't want to take Percocet unless I absolutely have to. So these next two weeks we will be doing allot of talking to see what we should do. But we will still be TTC in the mean time.

Congratulations to your brother and his wife! Its always nice to have a baby around. I am sure Rosie will do great when they decide to do her surgery.
Since you two are on the subject of baby names. OH and I have two family names picked out. For a boy we have Booker Dwayne, Booker is my dads side and Dwayne is OH's mom's side. For a girl we have Gracie Raelyn. Rae is my grandma's middle name. Lyn is my mom's middle name.

Calasen
I think Bethany is cute too but I still like Isobel more lol

Dawnnita
Im sorry about your day yesterday. May I ask why Dr. is talking hysterectomy? Both of those names are cute names! I love Rae! That's a cutie! Hope today you are having a better day honey

As for myself... I was up til 6am in horrible pain... at about 430am I had a pain in my lower abdomen on the left side and felt like something was trying to push out of me... I went to the bathroom and out plops like 3 tennis ball sized clots... I finally fell asleep around 6am and have been back up since 10am and ive lost about 4 more tennis ball sized clots and numerous smaller ones... I feel feverish as well... I have taken 1500mg of Tylenol twice and nothing helps the pain... last time this happened (it wasn't nearly this bad) I was told to control the pain with Tylenol and ignore it... wear a maxi and just let it come out... ugh... right... ignore it...

With my retro menses I have heavy heavy bleeding and before mirena I had a 2 year period without any breaks. Not even a day. Mirena helped with it and completely stopped my bleeding. But I continuously had cysts on my right ovary. They would grow for 6 months and burst. I had one burst last weekend, it put me in the ER over night. I had the mirena removed on Monday and have had very little bleeding but still the pain is horrible. The Dr doesn't think I should put myself through the pain, cysts, and bleeding. We aren't sure if my period will come back with constant heavy bleeding or not but since I'm already having pain its not a good sign. A hysterectomy will put me out of pain. That is the one thing I have dreamt about since I was 16. Now that its finally a option I don't know if I want it.

As for you, have you called your Dr? That bleeding isn't right. There has to be something going on.

Honey the painkillers can be worked around, I take tramadol every day, without out it I would be in unbearable pain and unable to even get out of bed, at a controlled dose while you are trying and excessive folic acid it is possible to not hurt the baby when you do catch. I take tramadol 50mg two twice a day with 2 100mg paracetamol and 5mg of folic acid every day, I cannot come off those meds, but my dr told me it was fine as long as, as soon as i get pregnant it is reassessed, I will still need the painkillers when pregnant but will be adjusted as needed, so do what you must to get yourself to the point where you get you little one honey,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->