The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

This might be a dumb question and I should know this already. But pardon my blonde moment, what is folic acid?

This might be a dumb question and I should know this already. But pardon my blonde moment, what is folic acid?

lol I get them all the time :) Folic acid is a naturally produced vitamin that helps with the healthy growth of the folicles in the overies and helps make a healthy pregnancy, also known as Folate, B9 or vitamin M.

Oh ok! Lol sorry, still new to this. I will have m to look into this and talk to my Dr about it.

As for you, have you called your Dr? That bleeding isn't right. There has to be something going on.

I am told: it's your period... sometimes after mirena your period will be off... some women have light bleeding and some have excessive bleeding... you cannot rush you body to get regular gain just because you want to get pregnant...

The list goes on and on... I swear this is a cross between l and d (pain) and a mc (bleeding)... I don't understand... right now the pain is about a 20 and the bleeding has slowed a tiny bit...

And like Cala said... your pain can be managed... I don't think a hysterectomy is the only solution... before the mirena was the solution... now you just need a new one...

When did you get your mirena removed? I forgot.
I hope your pain subsides soon and your bleeding slows down.

I'm just going to have to do tons of research to get my pain and everything else figured out.

I had my Mirena removed April 5th 2013... simple and felt great after despite the removal bleeding...

I have yet to have a "normal" period :) But I think somehow its not mirena related at this point :) :laugh: ~Mine go from 1 month to 6 months apart and when I get them its the end of the world agony wise.

Heading for a PAP Smear this afternoon to check why the length between them is getting longer, wish me luck!

Hey there Dawnnita... hope all is well with you... what's new?

AFM... My bleeding stopped completely by 8pm last night... I ended up going to urgent care this morning because I had an extreme headache, fever, and was nauseous and dizzy... they did a urine analysis and I go for blood work tomorrow... my blood pressure is high and I appear to have become anemic due to severe blood loss... the Dr. claims he believes I am possibly 6 or 7 weeks preggy and suffering a threatened miscarriage... he says on Friday we will discuss the results of labs and I have 2 options

1: I am preggy and will have to keep getting blood work and scans to see if the pregnancy will continue and I will have to go on iron supplements.. the pregnancy only has a 30% chance of survival

2: I lose this pregnancy and start iron supplements and go on the pill for a few months and see how things go...

About 9pm tonight my bleeding is back... I am only spotting with small clots... I am hoping for the best as he believes it is a twin pregnancy... he said it is common in twin pregnancies in women of their 30s for this to happen... 30% go on to carry two healthy babies... I hope to be one of the 30%

Omg that is crazy!! How are you holding up? I hope all the best for you and that this pregnancy is salvageable. I have no idea what to say, I'm at a loss for words. I just hope you and your possible two beans are going to be ok.

Crazy is just the beginning of what this is! Being at a loss for words is not surprising as I sat lost for words for a good little while after I was told. I am... ? Confused... terribly sad.. torn between being angry and being scared out of my mind... thank you for the kind words... I will keep you guys posted...

Hi there ladies,

Can I join in with this group?

I have had my mirena for 2 years and absolutely loved it! We are ready to start TTC'ing again, so I am having it removed Friday! I am abit nervous and I am not sure whether it will hurt and I am definitely not looking forward to AF again after 2 years of absolute bliss without it!

xxx

Welcome TaNasha! Congratulations on deciding to start on your ttc#2 journey! I wish you the best and hope you get your bfp in no time.

Hi TaNasha it shouldn't hurt when you have it removed... just a lil pinch... congrats on ttc #2 having AF again after not having it for awhile is quite a transition lol you must once again buy tampons/maxis...

We're all here for you through your journey

Oh my Daddys girl :( Got everything but the legs crossed for you honey XXXX

Welcome Tanasha :)

Thanks Cala! How did your appointment go?

It appears I may have to take it easy this go around... I notice I start bleeding when I'm up running around doing errands and stuff... at least I knkw this really isn't all in my head and this doctor actually listened and is trying to help me... did blood work at 8am so I gota wait til Friday for the results and my options...

Daddysgirl I hope your tests turn out good and you can go onto having a Happy and healthy 9 months!

takes it easy then daddys :)

Test went ok despite hurting like crazy, gotta wait 2 weeks for results

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"