The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Dawnnita I hope you get a :bfp: I know its hard to wait to test... I was addicted to testing and once I got my 4th :bfn: I gave up! Lol

I hope I do to!

I am still so sorry you are having to wait. It can't be easy

It's not easy... I'm frustrated and disappointed... more sad than anything... I got myself all right and ready to have a baby again and then I get told "no... not for at least 6 months"

It makes you feel like something is wrong with you... like you're broken. I feel like a failure and feel so bad for DH cause of all the "it's my week so we gota do it" and then all my symptoms... and then nothing... its a whole lot of nothing right now for me. I know our fellow ttc ladies on here are going through their own thing and yet I feel so alone in this... lost.

What makes it worse for me is that I had 2 DS before the Mirena... one on accident while missing my pill once or twice and the other I got pregnant a month or so after my mc... it was never hard or sad or frustrating... It just feels like I'm running in circles with nowhere to go.

Well I'm off to bed... I gota be up at 530am so... talk to you soon... I'm hoping for your :bfp: in 2 weeks :)

DaddysGirl, I am so sorry about your news. 4 months must certainly feel like an eternity as everyone here just wants to be pregnant so badly and offcourse you want as soon as possible! Is there anything else you can focus on during these 4 months so maybe take your mind off ttc for awhile? That might help the time pass quicker.

Dawnnita Fingers crossed for you! When are you testing?

pghmmy welcome, and i hope all your symptoms are related to a BFP very soon!

Calasen, do you know about myfitnesspal? Its a calorie tracking website/app and it has helped me lose weight. I am still on there every day. Maybe try that? It helps when there are people in the same boat encouraging you. And don't give up hope about conceiving naturally. You hear about these stories all the time about people who were told that the only way for them to get pregnant is through IVF and then BAM one day they just do it on their own! Once you lose some more weight, who knows, maybe your body might surprise you!

xxx

Daddys honey. try to find something to fill your mind during the next few months and they will fly by XXX

Welcome Pghmmy got my fingers crossed for you.

I am already under a physio and and a dietition for weight loss :)

question, maybe you all can answer. I am going to assume just because chances are, I am not pregnant. I was on the Mirena until 8/6, started BCP on 8/6, I took it nearly daily but I forgot to take it on 8/9 and 8/13, I am now BCP free, if I am not pregnant, I should get AF soon...right? Or has Mirena likely screwed me all up? I had NO PERIOD AT ALL they whole time I was on Mirena, I had some spotting like pink when it was replaced with a new on but that was it. I am using the math from BEFORE Mirena to figure out O day and when AF should come. I was clock work before Mirena and pregnancy but I have never had a "real period" not since....I dunno, 11 when I first began having them. I have always had light periods that were 3 days long and super light, sometimes almost spotting like flows.

Sorry, I am just confused and my DRs office was more trying to get me to get another IUD once the infection cleared. I just want to be healthy, DH and I are willing to wait to TTC, I just had my hopes up about this month with all my symptoms, but my body may be going crazy from the progesterone being taken away and now it may be trying to regulate.

THanks for any input

Congrats on all the BFPs ladies! So Exciting!!!!!

it can take a few months following mirena for your body to adjust and get back to a normal cycle, this could be made harder by taking the BCP so I wouldn't worry too much, and if you feel like it in a few days/weeks go test cos you never know :)

So update from me, I have had a bit of brown and pinkish spotting today, I am hoping AF is around the corner! I just want to get started, soooo impatient! GRRR!

Pghmmy... Anything is possible! If you feel like testing or miss AF go on and test... no harm done... your cycle needs time to readjust from not having a period for so long and being supplied constantly with hormones...

TaNasha... Woo Hoo! Hopefully AF is on her way to pay you a visit!

Calasen... I know darling... I am... I start back to school today so it should help... it just sucks... Mirena is so not my friend right now! A dietitian is a good way to go... I studied nutrition and diet for awhile... just didn't become a dietitian lol swimming and walking are great ways to burn calories and get you moving!

TaNasha I will be testing on or shortly after the 4th is af is a no show. Hopefully your period is working itself out. Hopefully a BFP is in the future for us all.

Daddys school is a good distraction, you will be so busy with school work and all.

I keep getting this horrible like pulling feeling in my right lower side. Its not constant its so random but sooo sharp. Is this the whole ovulation thing? I have never paid attention to my cycles before so this is new to me.

They say ovulation pain is pain felt in you pelvic area or lower abdomen near your hip... ? Is it near your hip lol? Maybe... you should :sex: anyways!

grrr typical just placed on a new anti inflammatory that is no good if i get pregnant :( not sure what to do as i really need the pain reduced in my hips

heading to the Drs, see if its a BFP and or if the infection/mirena did damage. I am so NERVOUS!!!

2:15pm, I am back and no good news AT ALL. BFN, and my cervical cancer came back most likely, its pretty big, the spot. I have been, pricked, prodded and squeezed. 6 tubes of blood, an abdominal ultrasound, the internal pelvic they are going to do in 2 weeks, I need another biopsy and I need to journal all I consume, weigh myself daily and no estrogen anything, no soy, and no babies until they know that it isnt malignant or if so that it is gone. I went through this with my last pregnancy and had to have a cone biopsy done after cryo at 10 weeks pp didnt work. they actually cored it all out then and it was gone and my cervix showed no signs that it ever happened and my blood work has been good until now...7 yrs later. One of the 3 doctors, not sure which one said to test again on Friday and again on Monday and she said if it is positive to call immediately so I can be seen same day and we can figure it out. I guess she needs to have plans A through F taken care of. I told DH and he is trying to be my rock, my family is upset, they are looking at me like I am dead...we don't even know what it is yet. But I get why they are being this way considering all that I went through before. I wonder though if it popped up because I am pregnant and not because of the BCP...

In 2 weeks it popped up, I start BCP and pop! So estrogen is not something I can do obviously. I am so scared and sick and sad. I may never be able to have another baby, I may not be able to give my DH a baby. My friend died last year of cervical cancer, she didnt catch it in time and it spreads VERY fast. I atleast caught this right away, I will be careful and be healthy and try and fight. I have a gut feeling its malignant again, I will have it removed and do what they tell me. I want another baby but the baby I have needs me and I will accept what ever happens and we will be okay. I just can't believe this has happened.

Calasen is there no other option of pain relief?

Pghmmy I am so sorry your results came out so bad, hopefully they can do what is necessary and get you feeling better. What happens if you are pregnant? :hugs:

AFM still have a sharp pain by my hip and my bbs are so amazingly sore and they look/feel swollen around the areolas. (tmi sorry)... I also have some back cramps. I don't feel like doing anything today except lay in bed.

Calasen is there no other option of pain relief?

Pghmmy I am so sorry your results came out so bad, hopefully they can do what is necessary and get you feeling better. What happens if you are pregnant? :hugs:

AFM still have a sharp pain by my hip and my bbs are so amazingly sore and they look/feel swollen around the areolas. (tmi sorry)... I also have some back cramps. I don't feel like doing anything today except lay in bed.

I won't terminate, not unless it means I will die and there is no other options. I was treated while pregnant with my daughter. I had a biopsy and everything, they wont do cryo or LEET while pregnant but there are options. If I am pregnant then I will let them do what they can and go from there, even if it means I have to have a C-Section because of damage to the cervix. I dont know how that works. I was ok and monitored closely with baby#1. It wasnt a huge spot though and this time it is, she said its significant. I am wondering if it was either the BCP or I am pregnant because in 2-3 weeks it shows up and its an estrogen based cancer/disease. I am gonna have to go Paleo for my diet I think.

Well my heart and prayers go out to you family. Keep us updated

Thank you. I am just in shock...like I want to drink a bottle of tequila and stare at my fire pit tonight and sob. But I could still be pregnant, I have to wait for AF or for Friday and Monday to pass. I wish I knew what happens next and what is going on. I have to wait now and be seen by 4 different departments and then see my doctor and find out.

Is it sick I hope I am pregnant? Event if it means a ridiculous amount of appointments and poking and prodding. Like I feel like its worth it and I have done it before and i can do it again. I know I may sound nuts but I feel like it makes sense that an estrogen surge from becoming pregnant would show it vs a BCP. ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->