The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Oh really that's interesting. I didn't know that.
I never really had periods on the mirena, I had a period once in a blue moon.
To be honest I had my first son really young, I was only 15 please don't judge cos he is the best thing that every happened. But the problem is I haven't really had normal periods before I had my son I never really tracked my periods and never were regular. And straight after I had him I was on BC, so my body has never really had a chance which is another reason why I think I've messed it up :/.

I have been on bc most of my life Hun, and honestly your body just needs to regulate itself that is all
When I said I continued to have periods I don't mean as in full on period I just meant at the time o would have had my period I would have some blood show
No judgement here Hun
My mum had me at 16
Fxd you get your cycles regular soon

so happy to find this thread,Hi ladies,i put my IUD on DEC 2011 after my 2#,i got a period every three month and it was very light, then i decided to took my mrerina out by myself on April 06,i had unprotected sex before i removed till now ttc 3#,i had a light brownish bleeding for 4 days after the withdrawal then i think i ovaluated on April 10th because i saw egg white mucus,then starting from April 12 i have been suffered from bloating,tiredness,vivid dreams,sore boobs,migraine,mode swing,horrible lower back pain,cramps.i thought i was preg so i took 3 tests but all came neg,so i don't know if had miriena crash or i am preg??my last period came on march 28,its may 2nd and no period,i took PT 3 days ago it was negative,i have been thinking to drink some herbal tea who can help to force my period to show up but iam afraid that may pregnancy happened already specially i have white discharge starting yesterday,so who have the same situation like me?

Hi eurotrip

I felt a lot of pregnancy symptoms as mirena was taken out, i think because my body was allowed to rebuild my uterine wall and get ready for pregnancy again, maybe these because we haven't had them for a while show really bad to us?
Though your deffinatley late with the period I'm thinking it brings forward your o, because I Got the ewcm 4 days after removal too?
So maybe your ewcm was telling you was about to ovulate? I read it can let you know of impending o
Test again Monday with fmu
Good luck keep us posted!

Oldermummy thank you for your kind words.

Hello euro trip welcome. Did you say you removed it yourself 😨, I was going to attempt it because read online it was easy but I was to chicken haha. I had pregnancy symptoms my first month of having it out too, although not as many as you. Keep us updated please.

Hi eurotrip

I felt a lot of pregnancy symptoms as mirena was taken out, i think because my body was allowed to rebuild my uterine wall and get ready for pregnancy again, maybe these because we haven't had them for a while show really bad to us?
Though your deffinatley late with the period I'm thinking it brings forward your o, because I Got the ewcm 4 days after removal too?
So maybe your ewcm was telling you was about to ovulate? I read it can let you know of impending o

hello Oldermummy78
so happy to meet you here,so tell me how are you doing? and when did you take out your mirena??
i hope to get my period soon,iam start drinking raspberry herbal tea ,i heard it balance our hormones,also i bought vitex which i read it helps too with our hormones,unfortunately mirena mess up everything.
i started to have white cm from yesterday,really don't know whats going on:wacko:.
please keep me updating wish to you all the luck

Oldermummy thank you for your kind words.

Hello euro trip welcome. Did you say you removed it yourself 😨, I was going to attempt it because read online it was easy but I was to chicken haha. I had pregnancy symptoms my first month of having it out too, although not as many as you. Keep us updated please.

Hello vicky,happy to talk to you.
yes i removed by myself lool,i read about that on a forum,so many ladies did it easily,well it took 2 hours from me because the coil was very slippery but i did it at the end and it wasnt hurt like at the clinic:happydance:
i removed april 6th,what about you??
start to have white cm, i suffered from the pregnancy symptoms too but its better now than two weeks ago.
keep me updated and good luck:kiss:

Welcome eurotrip :flower:

I'm at 2 weeks post-removal now and I *think* I might have ovulated. After a string of negative OPKs I stopped testing, only then to see a temperature spike yesterday. I did an OPTest and unlike the ones before, the line was quite strong first thing in the morning - as strong as the control line. Then yesterday afternoon and night, the line got fainter and fainter. I think I probably ovulated the day before yesterday as last month's postive OPK gave a very very strong line, darker than the control. I'm annoyed at myself I missed the actual ovulation day on the tests, and glad we prevented when we BD'd on what now seems to have been my day of ovulation!

Today I'm feeling very out of sorts though - the pregnant feeling is definitely still there. I feel bloated, nauseous and am burping alot. The metallic taste in my mouth is back. If I weren't tracking when we BD and temping, I'd be a nervous wreck right now!

I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil with the hopes of one day seeing ewcm around O, which I have never had. That day has not come yet, but my cm over the last week has been thinner and more watery, although still translucent and creamy.

In a day or two FF should be able to confirm ovulation, and then I will await AF.

Welcome eurotrip :flower:

I'm at 2 weeks post-removal now and I *think* I might have ovulated. After a string of negative OPKs I stopped testing, only then to see a temperature spike yesterday. I did an OPTest and unlike the ones before, the line was quite strong first thing in the morning - as strong as the control line. Then yesterday afternoon and night, the line got fainter and fainter. I think I probably ovulated the day before yesterday as last month's postive OPK gave a very very strong line, darker than the control. I'm annoyed at myself I missed the actual ovulation day on the tests, and glad we prevented when we BD'd on what now seems to have been my day of ovulation!

Today I'm feeling very out of sorts though - the pregnant feeling is definitely still there. I feel bloated, nauseous and am burping alot. The metallic taste in my mouth is back. If I weren't tracking when we BD and temping, I'd be a nervous wreck right now!

I have been taking Evening Primrose Oil with the hopes of one day seeing ewcm around O, which I have never had. That day has not come yet, but my cm over the last week has been thinner and more watery, although still translucent and creamy.

In a day or two FF should be able to confirm ovulation, and then I will await AF.

hello Sakura15, so you are now in the middle of mirena crash symptoms,take care of yourself ,i hated this symptoms it was terrible i thought i was pregnant loool then i read it is mirena crash :wacko:. so do you catch the o day:sex: ??? dont feel annoyed because you know :spermy:could stay for 5-7 days so may be you conceived already :thumbup: .
for me i got :bfn: today , i just want my AF to show up so i can organize myself and start to calcalute my o days :nope: .
iam using ovia app but i will try FF .
good luck and i hope will get :bfp: soon
keep me updated:kiss:

Hi eurotrip

I got mine removed on the 19th of feb, I think. Good luck to you too :)

Oldermummy78 , Vicky_92 where are you ladies, hope you are ok??:kiss:

hon,if you didn't get AF yet try to talk to your OG doctor , my doctor told me if you didn't get your AF after 2 month from the removal come to me so fingers crossed to see this :witch: looool

Hey eurotrip, AF has came three times since I had the mirena removed. I have had a 26 day cycle a 28 cycle and and 30 day cycles :/

Hey eurotrip, AF has came three times since I had the mirena removed. I have had a 26 day cycle a 28 cycle and and 30 day cycles :/

that's great,so how many days it took to came after the removal??

Hi eurotrip

Oldermummy78 , Vicky_92 where are you ladies, hope you are ok??:kiss:

Hi Hun I'm here, sorry to see your bfn :-( still early though right? nothing new to report, still in limbo so guessing my 'pregnancy' symptoms and opk lines are the mirena crash too? Ugh so annoying looking forward to af this mth then I can track properly next mth might try the B6 too
Hope all is okay with you girls hello saku

Hi ladies :)

oldermummy78 - I 'saw' you over on the WTT board, figured I'd join you over here to talk about Mirena.

Congrats, nixm! Hope everything continues to go well.

Sorry about your sex drive, Vicky_92! How long were you on the Mirena?

AFM, I just had mine out about 10 days ago.
Short version: on 3rd day, started a 2 day bleed. Around day 7, definitely felt a huge attraction to OH, and felt way more sentimental than usual. Have not O'd 'on time', will obviously need to be patient and wait for things to get regular again!

Long version: I only had Mirena for about 9 months. I was on bcp before but got pregnant after starting the pills late one month, but the pregnancy ended around 6 weeks. As much as I would have loved to have had a successful pregnancy, I got the Mirena to make sure there'd be no more slip ups until we were ready for sure. Thought I'd keep it for at least a year, but things have lined up for us a little earlier than I thought, and I can't help but think that I lost the pregnancy due to the lingering effects of the pill, so since we're WTT til August I decided to get it out now.

I actually started charting about 6 weeks before removing the Mirena, partly out of excitement for the whole thing and partly to get in the hang of it before it really 'counted', and I'm glad I did. I've been temping and doing opks, discovered to my surprise I was still ovulating with Mirena, but I suppose that makes sense since I was having regular periods, although very light. (I never had periods at all on my bcp).

Based on my opks, it looked like I was still gearing up to ovulate on time at first (CD 16), but my LH surge disappeared instead of getting stronger, and my temps have hit an all-time low. So I'm just continuing to temp, and taking an OPK once a day or so (I use ICs), and waiting to see when the next eggo pops out. I hope 3 months will be enough for things to get predictable. I was surprised I didn't O because of how attracted I felt to OH all of a sudden! I definitely did not have a low sex drive on Mirena - my libido is higher than OH's, so I try not to pressure him too much. But after Mirena was out, it was hard to keep my hands to myself for a few days there! I also felt very sentimental and lovey dovey towards him, and suddenly very maternal towards my kids at school too! It was weird, lol! That seems to have eased a bit now, so we will see how things continue.

I also felt 'pregnant' for a couple days after the bleed - had a metallic taste in my mouth which I had for a week before I got my bfp last year, felt slightly nauseous - well not quite nauseous, but a little 'off' if you know what i mean. Thankfully since I was already temping and tracking, I know pregnancy is not even remotely a possibility. I might be driving myself crazy if I didn't already know that!

Anyway, happy to hear as many details as you ladies would like to share as we wait for our bodies to normalise. Never thought I would ever be hoping to have a nice heavy period again!

:wave: hiya good to see some more lady's joining us here
I had a bleed two days after removal, then nothing I suppose could call spotting one day and a small bleed once today that's it, I instantly got my labido back and felt so much happier ! Strange ninjas t realised how it was affecting me but it was, I mean I am still a little short sometimes but hopefully that will vanish soon altogether.
Had pregnancy symptoms as in heartburn, aches in lady parts, backache, sore boobs etc but this sounds like the marina crash and my hormones getting back to normal so bring it on I say!! :happydance:

Good look girls here's hoping for lots of :bfp: :dust:

Hate not knowing what's going on, read loads about people not having regular cycles after the mirena then read loads of success story's within 3 mths having mirena out! Quite a few in fact before they even got there first :witch:
Took a test and of course was a :bfn:

Hello oldermummy, I'm sorry about the BFN, it breaks my heart every month when I see just one line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->