The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

hello lucy and pip

I have been temping and using opks and checking my cervix but pinpointing the day to start with my short cycle it means around day 7 of my cycle and the last 2 cycles that was the end of af so i wasn't.

Still no AF so it could mean my cycle is lengthening or could i possibly be???? I guess time will tell.

Lucy i do understand how you feel I hope you make up and your cycle regulates also.

i was like that on the weekend renos were hell and all we did was replace doors you know drill the handles and hinges but he was so so snippy. Goodness I need strength as we havent even started the real stuff yet

Pip how are you feeling?

off to work now ladies

Hi pdmcd

I'm fine, thanks. Just sick of the sickness if you know what I mean. I want to be at 15 weeks, have the scan out of the way and feel baby kicking.

I was thinking, have you tried soy to lengthen your cycle. I know there are a few threads on here that might help.

Have you seen this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/449407-forum-request-over-35-have-conceived.html It's for "older" ladies trying to conceive. I also go on: https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-conceive-over-35/355138-ttc-40-plus-lets-share-ups-downs.html and https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-...4-many-40-ttc-au-natural-no-meds-ivf-etc.html

:hug:

Pip x

Hi everyone - may I join you? I'm 27, my OH is 33 and we're trying to conceive our first. I had my Mirena IUD inserted February 2009 after 6 years on Depo and 2 years on the pill before the Depo. The first year I had Mirena I had absolutely no periods, the second year I had a cycle every 29-31 days. I had my Mirena removed 3/4/11 and had my first cycle 3/15. I'm now on my second cycle TTC and waiting to ovulate sometime around 4/27. We're getting married 6/25 and hoping for our BFP either before or on our honeymoon. :)

Welcome gardenofedens.

Fingers crossed for an early :bfp: for you

Pip x

Hi everyone - may I join you? I'm 27, my OH is 33 and we're trying to conceive our first. I had my Mirena IUD inserted February 2009 after 6 years on Depo and 2 years on the pill before the Depo. The first year I had Mirena I had absolutely no periods, the second year I had a cycle every 29-31 days. I had my Mirena removed 3/4/11 and had my first cycle 3/15. I'm now on my second cycle TTC and waiting to ovulate sometime around 4/27. We're getting married 6/25 and hoping for our BFP either before or on our honeymoon. :)

Good Morning,
Sorry if I am being invasive but I couldn't help but reply to your post. I had my Mirena removed 3/14 on the first day of my cycle (I thought it was gross, but ob/gyn thought it was just fine to do so), I actually never lost cycles, AF was to evil to leave my side. lol I tried the Depo in my younger years, I had so many problems with it (AF for 30 days straight ugh), so I also did pills (like you) for a while. Anyhow, it's looking like we are pretty close in our cycle. This is also my second month TTC. Have you tried any OPK's yet? Are you charting your BBT? I have been doing that also, and I am not sure what the heck I am reading or suppose to be looking for...lol :dohh::blush:

I have used quiet a few and got what I think to be a positive, not sure though. :shrug: congratulations on your wedding to you and your FH.

Baby dust, baby dust all the way to the BFP to you and all those TTC...:baby:

Hi fngrscrossed

Welcome to the thread. I only started temping 2 cycles ago and got a :bfp: on my second cycle. I used Fertility Friend but studied their Fertility Friend tutorial first. It really helped me understand what I was looking for.

Good luck and :dust: to you.

Pip x

Good Morning,
Sorry if I am being invasive but I couldn't help but reply to your post. I had my Mirena removed 3/14 on the first day of my cycle (I thought it was gross, but ob/gyn thought it was just fine to do so), I actually never lost cycles, AF was to evil to leave my side. lol I tried the Depo in my younger years, I had so many problems with it (AF for 30 days straight ugh), so I also did pills (like you) for a while. Anyhow, it's looking like we are pretty close in our cycle. This is also my second month TTC. Have you tried any OPK's yet? Are you charting your BBT? I have been doing that also, and I am not sure what the heck I am reading or suppose to be looking for...lol :dohh::blush:

I have used quiet a few and got what I think to be a positive, not sure though. :shrug: congratulations on your wedding to you and your FH.

Baby dust, baby dust all the way to the BFP to you and all those TTC...:baby:

Not invasive at all! :) I'm sorry you had so many problems with Depo - I loved it but came off because I heard later studies were showing severe bone loss from it and my eating habits aren't the greatest anyway so my dr recommended trying something else and I opted for the Mirena. I absolutely loved it the first year with no cycles and freaked when I started getting them again because I thought maybe it had become dislodged or something. The dr said it was fine and not to worry about it so I didn't. The first OB I went to would only take it out while I was on the heaviest day of my cycle which like you, I thought was gross plus she also wanted me to take all kinds of pain pills, etc. so I went to a local clinic (Planned Parenthood, also who inserted it) and they removed it completely painlessly and while not on my period.

I began charting my BBT last month on CD3 and used OPKs on CD13 and 14. I got a slight positive on CD13 and a VERY positive on CD14. Pics:

https://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/emmiesanimalrescue/My%20Pictures/Family/Baby/Cycle1OPKs.jpg
I ordered the OPKs on Amazon - I think they were $5 for 25 or something like that. According to the OPKs and my temps, I ovulated on CD15. My BBT chart is in my signature - you're welcome to take a look. :)

FertilityFriend.com has a tutorial for what to look for with your BBT. I read a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which I found very helpful and informative. I love to read but when it first arrived I was thinking "omg, what have I gotten myself into? this thing is HUGE!" It ended up being a fast and informative read that I learned a lot from so I definitely recommend it.

This month we're not doing anything differently except I'm going to try to :sex: every other day. I also ordered an at-home male fertility test from ebay for OH to check out and I'm thinking about ordering Pre-Seed as well.

welcome new girls :)

Hope everyones well :)

I'm in the 2ww I think :) wish me luck :)

:dust: to all

Welcome newbies, lots of luck to you:winkwink: xxxx

Thanks pdmcd17, all made up and some late bd'ing, so we'll see!xx

I've been temping and cm watching as usual, and cannot make sense of this month at all. I had ewcm on cd8 but no temp rise, and now yesterday, cd16, my temp has risen, an stayed up, but no cm! What's going on!! I hope we bd'd around the right times.

Calasen Im on the two week wait with you hun, fingers crossed for a bit of luck an dust this cycle :flower: !xx

Have a happy day ppl!xxx

This month and last month I've had ewcm on CD7-9 but then no cm at all on ovulation day....it's quite frustrating. I think I'd better get some preseed....?

o_O ohhhhhh I ovulated today!!!!!!! :dance:

Getting the crampies and the increased libido big times XXX Fingers and legs crossed now for the 2ww!!!!!!

:dust: to all

(sorry for the TMI but its the first obvious O i have had since removal of coil :) )

Calasen congrats!!! You go BD :wink:

Well girls after only having my mirena removed 4 weeks ago -- I got my BFP today! Positive on a superdrug test at 9dpo. I've been getting lines on and off since 6dpo on ICs but todays is much clearer. I can hardly believe it!!

Now I am absolutely terrified that its too soon after mirena and something might go wrong. But all of my doctors who I spoke to assured me it would be fine to start trying right away... hmm. Only time will tell I suppose.

:dust:

Ooooh!!!! Congrats calasen :happydance: you must be sooo chuffed!!!! Fingers an toes crossed for you hun!! xx

Thanks for the info gardenofedens, dont feel weird now!! Still have no idea when or even if I o'd though. I had a big temp spike today, but then my temp has been on a gradual rise since cd8! If Iv not caught this month I'm going to try opk's next cycle I think, and perhaps some preseed. Don't really want to go down the medicated route yet. Good luck to you this cycle! Xxxxx

Hurrah Calasen. Go get :sex:!!!!!

Congratulations Collie!!! Fantastic news.

Pip x

Aw collie congrats sweetie!!! Lush news!!x there are some sad stories about that, but the most important thing for you an the sticky bean is that you stay positive and be happy :))xx really pleased for you!!xx

Congrats collie !!!

And thanks girlys :) I will certainly make most of it :) hehe!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->