The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Happy Easter ladies
Here's hopping the Easter bunny brings BFP's

Well AF came with a vengeance today (TMI I had an intense cramp and a gush how lovely).

But I'm on day 28 so maybe my body has regulated finally and I will finally ovulate and get my BFP

Have a wonderful day

I'm sorry the witch got you. Fingers crossed this will be the start of a regular cycle for you.

I had some spotting this morning which has eased off now. The on call doctor has referred me to EPAU who should hopefully give me a scan on Wednesday to check that baby's okay.

Enjoy Easter everyone.

:hug:

Pip x

Hello all - only just found this thread :)

Well both DH and I are 40. The Mirena coil has been my BC since 1999 and lost all periods for the whole time I had it.

I had one removed in Dec 2008 and periods returned within 4 weeks. DH and I tried for 11 months with no BFPs. The stress of TTC became too much and I ended up back on BC which was again the Mirena coil.

I had my most recent coil removed in March 2011 and this is my first TTC. I'm currently in my 2WW and will be testing on 29 April if no AF by then.

Good luck to all TTC and wishing happy & healthy pregnancies to all those expecting :dust:

Hello all - only just found this thread :)

Well both DH and I are 40. The Mirena coil has been my BC since 1999 and lost all periods for the whole time I had it.

I had one removed in Dec 2008 and periods returned within 4 weeks. DH and I tried for 11 months with no BFPs. The stress of TTC became too much and I ended up back on BC which was again the Mirena coil.

I had my most recent coil removed in March 2011 and this is my first TTC. I'm currently in my 2WW and will be testing on 29 April if no AF by then.

Good luck to all TTC and wishing happy & healthy pregnancies to all those expecting :dust:

Hey and welcome honey XXX - we are around the same date in cycle I should be testing around the 29th too :)

Oh pip FX'd honey- sending healthy baby wishes your way XXXX

:dust: to all.

I was hoping I could maybe join in on the chat.. I am new the Baby and bump forum and am TTC # 3. I had a mirena after my ds (who is 7) and took it out when I was ready to TTC # 2, I got pregnant the first cycle with my dd (now 5). I got another IUD placed after her and just took it out April 5th.

This is cycle # 2 for me since getting my IUD out. I am cycle day 5 of a 29 day cycle right now so hopefully May will be my month!!! I only had to TTC one cycle after getting my mirena out last time and I hope that its a short stay in TTC land for us again!..

How has TTC for everyone else been after IUD? Anyone else starting out a new cycle?

Hi fngrscrossed

Welcome to the thread. I only started temping 2 cycles ago and got a :bfp: on my second cycle. I used Fertility Friend but studied their Fertility Friend tutorial first. It really helped me understand what I was looking for.

Good luck and :dust: to you.

Pip x

Hi there...

I am using fertility Friend too. Used it last cycle without temping though. I have to say its pointless to use it if you don't temp or use OPK's. I know i missed my LH surge totally because I wasn't doing wither, just going off their forcasted dates. So this cycle, I got a thermometer and started charting. I can honestly say I am glad that I did; this cycle felt different than the last. I even have some true and familiar symptoms going at 4 dpo. I wan't tired like this last cycle, and I kept my prenatal vitamins down. This morning I threw it up after a few minutes. The convincing part is I took it normal time, with full glass of water like always. DH came out of the bathroom and I ran in gagging made it in time though. I came back to the kitchen sstruggling to find bread (could only reach a pop tart and I hate those) to put something else in my mouth to stop me from going again. Well DH was standing there watching me and said "Yep!" lol I just stood there chewing and gaping at him with watery eyes from throwing up and said nothing.lol :haha:

Baby dust, NO baby bust!!:baby:

Good Morning,
Sorry if I am being invasive but I couldn't help but reply to your post. I had my Mirena removed 3/14 on the first day of my cycle (I thought it was gross, but ob/gyn thought it was just fine to do so), I actually never lost cycles, AF was to evil to leave my side. lol I tried the Depo in my younger years, I had so many problems with it (AF for 30 days straight ugh), so I also did pills (like you) for a while. Anyhow, it's looking like we are pretty close in our cycle. This is also my second month TTC. Have you tried any OPK's yet? Are you charting your BBT? I have been doing that also, and I am not sure what the heck I am reading or suppose to be looking for...lol :dohh::blush:

I have used quiet a few and got what I think to be a positive, not sure though. :shrug: congratulations on your wedding to you and your FH.

Baby dust, baby dust all the way to the BFP to you and all those TTC...:baby:

Not invasive at all! :) I'm sorry you had so many problems with Depo - I loved it but came off because I heard later studies were showing severe bone loss from it and my eating habits aren't the greatest anyway so my dr recommended trying something else and I opted for the Mirena. I absolutely loved it the first year with no cycles and freaked when I started getting them again because I thought maybe it had become dislodged or something. The dr said it was fine and not to worry about it so I didn't. The first OB I went to would only take it out while I was on the heaviest day of my cycle which like you, I thought was gross plus she also wanted me to take all kinds of pain pills, etc. so I went to a local clinic (Planned Parenthood, also who inserted it) and they removed it completely painlessly and while not on my period.

I began charting my BBT last month on CD3 and used OPKs on CD13 and 14. I got a slight positive on CD13 and a VERY positive on CD14. Pics:

https://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/emmiesanimalrescue/My%20Pictures/Family/Baby/Cycle1OPKs.jpg
I ordered the OPKs on Amazon - I think they were $5 for 25 or something like that. According to the OPKs and my temps, I ovulated on CD15. My BBT chart is in my signature - you're welcome to take a look. :)

FertilityFriend.com has a tutorial for what to look for with your BBT. I read a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which I found very helpful and informative. I love to read but when it first arrived I was thinking "omg, what have I gotten myself into? this thing is HUGE!" It ended up being a fast and informative read that I learned a lot from so I definitely recommend it.

This month we're not doing anything differently except I'm going to try to :sex: every other day. I also ordered an at-home male fertility test from ebay for OH to check out and I'm thinking about ordering Pre-Seed as well.

We used Pre~seed this month..I think it was a success. I never get EWCM and can't remember getting any in God knows how long. Got mine at CVS. It was 20 bucks but, I didn't have time to wait I bought it and used it on Oday and the day after. I am also on FF too. That second OPK looks quite positive!! how many DPO's are you?

Good Morning,
Sorry if I am being invasive but I couldn't help but reply to your post. I had my Mirena removed 3/14 on the first day of my cycle (I thought it was gross, but ob/gyn thought it was just fine to do so), I actually never lost cycles, AF was to evil to leave my side. lol I tried the Depo in my younger years, I had so many problems with it (AF for 30 days straight ugh), so I also did pills (like you) for a while. Anyhow, it's looking like we are pretty close in our cycle. This is also my second month TTC. Have you tried any OPK's yet? Are you charting your BBT? I have been doing that also, and I am not sure what the heck I am reading or suppose to be looking for...lol :dohh::blush:

I have used quiet a few and got what I think to be a positive, not sure though. :shrug: congratulations on your wedding to you and your FH.

Baby dust, baby dust all the way to the BFP to you and all those TTC...:baby:

Not invasive at all! :) I'm sorry you had so many problems with Depo - I loved it but came off because I heard later studies were showing severe bone loss from it and my eating habits aren't the greatest anyway so my dr recommended trying something else and I opted for the Mirena. I absolutely loved it the first year with no cycles and freaked when I started getting them again because I thought maybe it had become dislodged or something. The dr said it was fine and not to worry about it so I didn't. The first OB I went to would only take it out while I was on the heaviest day of my cycle which like you, I thought was gross plus she also wanted me to take all kinds of pain pills, etc. so I went to a local clinic (Planned Parenthood, also who inserted it) and they removed it completely painlessly and while not on my period.

I began charting my BBT last month on CD3 and used OPKs on CD13 and 14. I got a slight positive on CD13 and a VERY positive on CD14. Pics:

https://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q28/emmiesanimalrescue/My%20Pictures/Family/Baby/Cycle1OPKs.jpg
I ordered the OPKs on Amazon - I think they were $5 for 25 or something like that. According to the OPKs and my temps, I ovulated on CD15. My BBT chart is in my signature - you're welcome to take a look. :)

FertilityFriend.com has a tutorial for what to look for with your BBT. I read a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" which I found very helpful and informative. I love to read but when it first arrived I was thinking "omg, what have I gotten myself into? this thing is HUGE!" It ended up being a fast and informative read that I learned a lot from so I definitely recommend it.

This month we're not doing anything differently except I'm going to try to :sex: every other day. I also ordered an at-home male fertility test from ebay for OH to check out and I'm thinking about ordering Pre-Seed as well.

We used Pre~seed this month..I think it was a success. I never get EWCM and can't remember getting any in God knows how long. Got mine at CVS. It was 20 bucks but, I didn't have time to wait I bought it and used it on Oday and the day after. I am also on FF too. That second OPK looks quite positive!! how many DPO's are you?

That was last cycle actually, :bfn: unfortunately. I'm waiting to O now...should either Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. :)

Sorry this is a quicky x welcome to you knew girlies, this is a wonderful thread, lots of help and support x good luck to you all xx

Pip hun I'm thinking of you today xx got everything crossed that baby's ok xx big hug and lots of PMA xxxxxxx

Well looks like I'm out this month :( -- :witch: seems to be making an apprence 5 days early :( -- at least its better then 2 weeks late as is her normal trick.

Hope your ok Pip! XX

:dust: to all

Well looks like I'm out this month :( -- :witch: seems to be making an apprence 5 days early :( -- at least its better then 2 weeks late as is her normal trick.

Hope your ok Pip! XX

:dust: to all

Sorry to hear that :hugs:

FXed and loads of PMA & :dust: for your new cycle :dust:

Aww bummer calasen, sorry hun x let's hope it's a healthy start to a new cycle xx big hugs an PMA for you xx

so sorry to hear that calasen...fingers crossed you catch next month!

as for me, i'm just about ready to ovulate and hoping DH and I didn't have too much fun over the weekend and use up all the best :spermy:

Hey girls, how is everyone today??xx

Instead of moping through the 2ww, Iv decided to buy a ton of opk's pregnancy tests, clomid and preseed online. I don't think Iv caught this month, so I'll be all set up for next cycle xx

Any news pip hun?xx

Hi ladies

Apologies for the delay in updating, but there was no signal at the hospital.

Scan showed one healthy baby measuring 33mm and 2 days ahead of my dates. This puts me as due 22 November 2011 which makes me 10w 1d today. The sonographer couldn't see anything in-utero re spotting so they're putting it down as one of those things. I felt so relieved that I burst into tears on the table! The sonographer was lovely. She held my hand and was really sweet.

Baby is very much a wriggle-bottom. It just wouldn't keep still and, thankfully, is very, very active. We got to see little arms and feet, lots of heart-beating action and the umbilical cord.

Here are the pics:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/5661243236_bcce4f442c.jpg
Untitled by pip7890, on Flickr

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5660674701_6ba915fd96.jpg
Scan 110427 by pip7890, on Flickr

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5221/5660672305_a281b9cc9c.jpg
Untitled by pip7890, on Flickr

Apologies for the quality. They're a photograph of the original scan photo taken with my iphone.

Thanks for your support ladies.

:hug:

Pip x

Fabulous news Pip!!!!

I'm waiting for the news Lucys caught now shes been so productive :)

I'm good - worked out that the :witch: is exactly 28 days from last so FX'd it actually means my cycles are back on track :)

Okay now I"m at the 4th cycle after getting the Mirena removed. I had the mirena put in after my second child was born and had really light periods while it was in. I conceived both my other children (aged almost 4 and 2) within the first month of trying... I don't know what the mirena has done to my body!! I'm currently 2DPO So I'm on the 2ww... here's to hoping this is finally the month!

My periods always used to be 28-29 days but since the mirena has been removed my lp is 10 days and periods are closer to 24 days. I'm really wondering if the mirena is to blame or not. I'm doing Vitamin B Complex this month to see if it works but I'm worried about whether or not it will be sage to continue taking it if (and when) I get my BFP!

Aw pip that's so beautiful :) , I actually shed a tear! Congrats sweetie, big relief for you i bet!!xx

I'm flipping determined calasen if nothing else!!! Just not sure if I'm ovulating, so going to give the clomid a try I think. Watch now I'll end up with twins :-0!!!lol Awesome that your cycle has regulated, gives you some kinda timescale to BD to ;-)!! Good luck hun!!!xx

Welcome newbie!! Hope the thread helps you xxxx
Luck and hugs to everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"