The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Shazmos: CONGRATULATIONS HONEY!!!!!! :happydance: Im so delighted for you!!!!!!!! Yay!

SAJ - welcome to the Mirena thread! As you can see, its really quite a lucky one so I hope some of that babydust rubs off on you!!!! Best of luck for your BFP.

TTCbabynmber2 - I hope your removal goes ok. Mine wasnt too bad you know, much better than insertion (I had to have 2 goes...OUCH!)

As far as Im concerned...Im one day late on my period, feel horrendously nauseous but :bfn: on FRER and IC. Also had a temp drop again, so I think Im out after getting my hopes up :cry:

:dust: to all!

Ex-Mirena TTCers Official Testing Thread Sept/Oct/Nov 2010

sls612 :bfp: 17th Sept!!!!

Louise1985 :bfp: 23rd Sept!!!!

Shazmos :bfp: 28th Sept !!!!

mommyof3co testing Sept 16th

Treykid3 testing Sept 28th

Guera testing Sept 28th possible lines on FRER!

MrsPOP Due AF Sept 27th BFNs so far but still no sign of :witch:

butterflydebs testing end of Sept

MommaPick testing Oct 1st

mommyof2peas testing Oct 1st

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

giggle_gurl88 testing Oct 5th

KittyKatBabe testing Oct 7th

mum2millsxx testing Oct 10th

CouldThisBeIt testing Oct 12th

SAJ testing Oct 17th

lauraclili due AF Oct 18th

Cliqmo testing Oct 26th

curly123 testing Oct

Monni24 testing end of Oct

mrsbiddles testing Oct

MEGARICE03 testing Oct

TTCbabynmber2 testing Nov

Yes i used the CBFM for the 1st month.

Im only 11dpo so AF not due until 1st or 3rd (can't remember which).

Good luck and lots of :dust:

xxxx

Yes i used the CBFM for the 1st month.

Im only 11dpo so AF not due until 1st or 3rd (can't remember which).

Good luck and lots of :dust:

xxxx

Im soooo getting a CBFM! I think AF will be here today/tomorrow x

I think you might need 10 posts or something before you can do that...Im not sure hon!

Hi girls,

I'm new to this and when I see you girls write OH and TTC I have no idea what they all mean hahaha sorry if I'm being really dumb.

I got married in June had my Mirena coil out in June as well, only had 2 cycle's since then, haven't had one this month yet, think I keep thinking about it to much and stressing myself out as I feel like I'm never gonna get pregnant as I have endo POS, this is why I joined this forum as I wanted to talk to people that are in the same boat as me and hopefully it will make me realise I'm not the only one. xXx

I see, That makes sense. So did anyone feel like it hurt when you tried BD for the first time after removal? Just wondering...

Amelia: You're definately not the only one. I have Endo too, there are a lot of us out there. Congrats on getting married btw!!! I'll add your name to the list if you want hun, this thread is very lucky! There are threads in the forum with the TTC abbreviations on it, I'll try and find it but for now...

TTC: Trying to Conceive
DH: Dear Husband
OH: Other Half
AF: Aunt Flow (period)
BFP: Big fat positive (preg test)
BFN: Big fat negative (preg test)
FMU: First morning urine
FRER: First Response Pregnancy test
IC: INternet Cheapie (can be a preg test or OPK)
OPK: Ovulation Prediction Kit
LH: Lutenising Hormone
BBT: Basal Body Temperature
FF: Fertility Friend

MEGARICE03: BD didnt hurt after Mirena removal and we did it about 2 days or so after it was taken out. xxx

Hi MrsPop

You are a gem thank you so much for giving me that information, I'm starting to pick up on it now, If you could add me to the list that would be very nice of you, thank you, it's so nice to talk to other women with the same problems.

BD got me for the first couple of times after Mirena was removed but then my endo means that BD hurts quite often...

x

Welcome new lovelies!

x

Congrats to Shazmoo! :happydance:

Since a few of you are soon to remove or just had it out, I thought Id give my experience on removal.
Let me first say I was one that hated Mirena, got almost every negative side effect in the book, made me gain weight that I couldnt take off, horrid mood swings, repeated yeast infections (NEVER pre mirena), bled like crazy, 3 days a week for the first year, then every other week till removal, bad cramps, foggy thinking, zero sex drive, ect...
Removal was a breeze, took like 2 seconds and I didnt feel a thing. Insertion was horible! I felt great immediately after. At 2 days post removal I had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days, and spotting for a lot of that cycle. I started charting and temping right after removal and did O at about cd15, but then only had a 10day LP.
This cycle I started taking vit B-6 to help lengthen the Lp and a few herbs to aid in regulating of my cycle/hormones. Vitex, Dong Quai, Red Clover, & Red Raspberry leaf, as well as vitamins. I use OPKs in addition to my charting and Oed at about cd16, we also used preseed this cycle since Mirena had a way of drying up any CM I had.
On 11dpo I got a faint BFP, and its getting darker, so even though I am very cautious, it looks like I have conceived.
Good luck to you all!

this is todays hpt, you guys tell me what you think

Attachments

• fall 028.jpg
    fall 028.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 13

It definatley looks like a positive to me congratulations x

Evening everyone looks like loads has happened in the last couple of days congratulaions shamos thats fab news,

I have test now about 3 times still BFN and still no Af also still feeling bit sick so no idea whats goings on :cry:

xx

OMG Guera, Congratulations looks like a fab line you have there a defo positive x x x :happydance:

Well Girls. Im still in shock got my :bfp: this morning, after being convinced i 'was out' and wasnt going to even bother testing.

I would like to share a few things with you to give you hope, either this month or the months to come.

Firstly (and most importantly) I HAD NO SYMPTOMS. Nothing, zilcho. The only thing i did have was the dull ache in my belly that made me think :witch: was on her way. Thinking about it, i felt like she was going to arrive for the first 6 months into both my previous pregnancies. Not cramping but just a dull ache.

Secondly, i was concerned as i have NO EWCM, infact not much CM of any type (occasionally creamy, and i mean occasionally) I was wondering that the lack of my CM was a factor i wasnt concieving, clearly not.

Thirdly, pls stear well clear of the internet cheapie tests. There are absolute shite!!!! I have taken 2 in the last week with nothing, i took one today and a very (and i mean very)faint line, whereas FRER came up in seconds. Seriously dont waste your money and put the pennies you save not buying them, towards proper accurate tests.

There, thats it!!!! Hope to see you all very soon in the 1st Trimester.

I still can't believe it, i dont feel pg at all.

FX'd for me and GL to all you girls.

xxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS!:happydance::happydance:

Since a few of you are soon to remove or just had it out, I thought Id give my experience on removal.
Let me first say I was one that hated Mirena, got almost every negative side effect in the book, made me gain weight that I couldnt take off, horrid mood swings, repeated yeast infections (NEVER pre mirena), bled like crazy, 3 days a week for the first year, then every other week till removal, bad cramps, foggy thinking, zero sex drive, ect...
Removal was a breeze, took like 2 seconds and I didnt feel a thing. Insertion was horible! I felt great immediately after. At 2 days post removal I had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days, and spotting for a lot of that cycle. I started charting and temping right after removal and did O at about cd15, but then only had a 10day LP.
This cycle I started taking vit B-6 to help lengthen the Lp and a few herbs to aid in regulating of my cycle/hormones. Vitex, Dong Quai, Red Clover, & Red Raspberry leaf, as well as vitamins. I use OPKs in addition to my charting and Oed at about cd16, we also used preseed this cycle since Mirena had a way of drying up any CM I had.
On 11dpo I got a faint BFP, and its getting darker, so even though I am very cautious, it looks like I have conceived.
Good luck to you all!

That looks like a BFP to me too! Congratulations!!:happydance: Wow so many BFPs I hope they keep on coming!

So I have question for the ladies with BFPs. How long were you TTC after removal?

Wahoo 2 new bfp's!!! Congratulations lovelies xxx

YAYAY! So excited for all the BFP I love how Guera was just throwing it in there last sentence. lol Congrats girly!.. day 2 Post removal.. no bleeding or spotting of any kind.. just cramping..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->