The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

I can confirm my cycles are regular as wicked :witch: got me today. The huge piece of dark chocolate tiffin improved my mood though :D

Good luck to the rest of you x

Enjoy your tiffin honey...next month will be yours!!!!

Mrsbiddles...

I am so amazed and relieved to find that every effect you have mentioned after having had the mirena removed is exactly wha i have been experiencing!!!

i can't actually believe that for 2 years i actually put up with supressing so much of myself and so much about me and my feelings changing etc....

i felt an immediate 'lift' a day after it was removed and have been rising to the surface since!

I had breakthrough bleed for 6 days 2 days after it was removed and then got my AF a day after that... so charting hopfully this cycle!

I have learnt so much about my own body and women in general fom this site and everyone who is on here I feel so brilliant and lucky!

Hope you're feeling better now.

Louise - amazing news!! Congrats hun!
PMA all round!

xxxx

Aww :hugs: to all the girls lacking a bit of PMA today.........we musn't lose hope as we will get our little healthy babies even if it takes a little longer than we initially thought!

Guera - I couldn't really tell on that pic, but I remember when I was trying to take pics of my FRER it wouldn't show very well either, I bet if you test Weds it will be clearer and easier to photograph.

:dust: :dust: :dust::dust: :dust: :dust::dust: :dust: :dust:

just popped back to have a sneaky peek at the mirena thread :)

lots of :dust: to all u girlies... it will happen soon xxxxx

Thanks Louise for the PMA!!!!

Still no AF for me yet...everytime I feel a twinge, Im rushing to the loo expecting to see her ugly mug but nope...no witchy! Its very odd...I feel sooooo period-y! Even if Ive come on tomorrow I wont be too down because that'll give me a slightly better LP of 11 days! I tested on an IC tonight (quite diluted urine) and bfn still...hmmm.

Hiya all,

I hope AF stays away for all you lovely ladies who are waiting for it.

I'm still waiting for Ov so I've got a little while before the madness sets in!

I hope you're all feeling good and positive today.

x

HI! My name is Maritza (26yo) and I did 9 hours of research yesterday in regards to how long it would take to get pregnant after removing Mirena. I thought this was one of the most helpful threads!

I had my Mirena in for the full 5 years and had it replaced last year for an additional year. I have an almost 7 year old son, who is the light of my life! He was from my first marriage. Things didn't work out with my 1st DH as I planned but I met my current DH (32yo) years ago and since we had planned out our dream wedding and I've counted down for over 400 days to today! (And my ex is waiting for his 4th!) Today, I had my mirena removed! I LOVED Mirena, and I will definitely get it again for future BC. SOOO After over a year of marriage and a MUST wanted and long await try at pregnancy.. Here I AM!

My DH was in the military and was adopted so the closest thing he's had to a real 'family' were his brother's at arms. He's looking forward to having a child he can call one of his 'own'. Not everyone is supportive right now, but We both feel it's time.

SO I want to get pregnant today! lol I know I have high hopes and I don't even know where I am on my cycle, since I didn't really bleed or spot this past month and I've had light to no bleeding through-out my Mirena experience. I am guessing that I'm actually Oving now bc of my last recorded AF.

My OB suggested I wait to have AF prior to trying and then I asked what happens if I try before, and she really couldn't answer. Nothing has really been tested and all her prior patients have not had problem pregnancies when they immediately conceived. She mentioned the whole thin/thick lining thing but wasn't convincing to me that I should wait. So sprinkle some baby dust my way! I'm BDing tonight!

Hi Megarice03, welcome to the post-Mirena world!

I really hope your stay here in TTC is a short one and you get to graduate to 1st Tri as soon as possible.

Here's a little baby dust to get you going...

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

x

Thank you! I should've asked first, May I be part of the sisterhood of post-mirena TTCers? I'm just to excited to start this journey. I haven't even had my side effects of the removal yet. A little crampy but that's all. :dust: :dust: to all!

Welcome MEGARICE03!!! Hope your time with us is extra-short and full of babydust!

Ex-Mirena TTCers Official Testing Thread Sept/Oct/Nov 2010

sls612 :bfp: 17th Sept!!!!

Louise1985 :bfp: 23rd Sept!!!!

mommyof3co testing Sept 16th

Shazmos testing Sept 28th

Treykid3 testing Sept 28th

Guera testing Sept 28th - possible lines on FRER!

MrsPOP testing Sept 28th

butterflydebs testing end of Sept

MommaPick testing Oct 1st

mommyof2peas testing Oct 1st

Calasen testing Oct 2nd

Kracker testing Oct 5th

giggle_gurl88 testing Oct 5th

KittyKatBabe testing Oct 7th

mum2millsxx testing Oct 10th

CouldThisBeIt testing Oct 12th

lauraclili due AF Oct 18th

Cliqmo testing Oct 26th

curly123 testing Oct

Monni24 testing ?end of Oct

TTCbabynmber2 testing Nov

mrsbiddles testing ???

MEGARICE03 testing ???

Hiya to all, old and new. Good luck for those testing soon xxx

ooh good thread! I have some catch-up reading to do and then I'll post too! Just had to say good thread!

Ladies tomorrow is the big day for me I'm finally getting my Mirena removed! :happydance:and im super scared and xcited! I cant believe i will be able to join in on all the actual ttc anxiety and xcitement lol even though i think im going to wait one cycle before we real start ttc at least im getting closer to that point lol.
I did have a question for you ladies im ging to purchase the cbfm and im going to try that fertility friend ovulation calendar idt im going to take my temp but anyway im wondering how accurate they are has anyone who already has children tried them? did they work? please let me know cuz i thik the cbfm can get pricy n i dont want to waste my $. Thank!:wohoo:

Ttcbabynmber2-I'm excited for you! we'll be going through the same things since i got mine out today.

Im shown a conception for you for December 2010, and I see a healthy baby girl born 2011, and all is well around pregnancy and birth for you, Im shown she comes in a little early but that isnt a problem as I see her healthy, a good feeder and weighing around 6lbs 10 /11, I feel she is quite dark haired

From gail. this is funny to me because she also said I would have one more. conception in sept. 2013..I guess my DH only makes babies between sep and dec. our son cas con. in nov lol Not that I want to wait this long but we really want a girl so it made me pretty excited. :happydance:

PMA to all and Loads of :dust:

ah, okay so I didn't read through all the posts :blush: but I thought I would post anyway. I'm 25. Married 1.5 years, and I have an almost-9-year-old (yes, I had him when I was 16). We're TTC #2 since I had my mirena removed April 13th, 2010 after having it in for 4 years. Didn't have many side effects other than weight gain, no AF (YAY!), and I don't know. Maybe there were others that I didn't attribute to the mirena. Anyway, my husband works out of town for 15 days and he's back for 6 so my schedule doesn't always line up with his. Next time he's home during my ovulation is end of October so I'm hoping it will be our lucky shot!!

Good luck to everyone!

Well Girls. Im still in shock got my :bfp: this morning, after being convinced i 'was out' and wasnt going to even bother testing.

I would like to share a few things with you to give you hope, either this month or the months to come.

Firstly (and most importantly) I HAD NO SYMPTOMS. Nothing, zilcho. The only thing i did have was the dull ache in my belly that made me think :witch: was on her way. Thinking about it, i felt like she was going to arrive for the first 6 months into both my previous pregnancies. Not cramping but just a dull ache.

Secondly, i was concerned as i have NO EWCM, infact not much CM of any type (occasionally creamy, and i mean occasionally) I was wondering that the lack of my CM was a factor i wasnt concieving, clearly not.

Thirdly, pls stear well clear of the internet cheapie tests. There are absolute shite!!!! I have taken 2 in the last week with nothing, i took one today and a very (and i mean very)faint line, whereas FRER came up in seconds. Seriously dont waste your money and put the pennies you save not buying them, towards proper accurate tests.

There, thats it!!!! Hope to see you all very soon in the 1st Trimester.

I still can't believe it, i dont feel pg at all.

FX'd for me and GL to all you girls.

xxxxxx

Hey Shazmos, congratulations hun, were you using the CBFM? Its my first cycle with this and we shall see.

But so pleased for you, when was :witch: due have you waited until you are late or did you just take a chance early test?

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->