The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Ladies I'm so frustrated!! I got my first period after my ectopic and it was exactly the same as before, light spotty and barely nothing!! I just don't get it, is that what a/f is going to be like from now on or am I still adjusting from 4 years with no periods?? Never thought I would ever complain about such light short periods but it just doesn't feel normal! Oh well just had to vent lol . Good luck ladies hope you all are doing well and close to getting your :bfp:!

it took 6 months for mine to reach any sense of normality honey its different for us all it shouldnt effect your ovulation though so just keep trying as normal (or so docs told me)

I should be coming on tomorrow - so we will see but am getting stressed at the moment as I have now gained 6lbs total since i startred diet after initial weightloss. Is very annoying and frustrating

Thanks Calasen.I know I'm still ovulating so I guess it's not so bad and we still have another 2 months till we can start trying again, it just annoys me every month lol.
Do you have any signs of a/f coming?? I'm sorry you've gained weight , maybe it's a good sign though, fingers crossed for you!!

well so far no pms or noticeable cramping but thats not a definate sign - will just have to wait :)

Hey All.

I have been browsing the web trying to see if I'm in this boat alone! It's good to know I'm not. I'm new to this and could use some advice!

First off, I'm 23 years old. Married for almost 5 years and have a 14 month old daughter. I wasn't on any birth control when I concieved her but definetly wasn't planning (she was a very welcomed accident!). I had Mirena put in in July 2010. It didn't agree with me at all so I had it removed mid April 2011. I had my visitor shortly after and have continued to be regular since removal. My husband and I have not used any birth control and still no positive. I'm kind of bummed, I really thought it would be easier. I am worried that the Mirena has affected my fertility. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey allis.mommy, welcome to the thread. It would seem that after dear old mirena, our bodies all adjust back in their own time, in your favour at least you've got a regular cycle. When I started ttc to be fair I was expecting to catch immediately, but soon learned that it wont happen till the times right, you can do everything right, every month, and still nothing! Its sooo frustrating!! Iv been ttc 7 cycles since my miscarriage, and could easily tie myself in knots! But thats only going to have a negative impact. So lots of patience and positive thinking is a good place to start :) It will happen eventually x Good luck to you, and feel free to ask questions and have a good old winge on here, the ladies are lovely xx

So hoping af doesn't get you calasen, its about time one of us got a bfp!x

Welcome avidwriter15, where are you in your cycle?x

Welcome Allis Mommy! It takes time try not to let it stress you out, I know it's hard though! I got my bfp 3 months after my mirena removal but wound up having an ectopic so now have to countdown until we can ttc again. Good luck!

How are you doing today Calasen?

Hiya! I had my mirena removed in feb, didn't have too many issues after the first month, that month was horrendous! Had it in 10 months in all. Now having very regular 31day cycles, and ovulating regularly. I have noticed that my periods are very light though, they used to be very heavy, now they barely last 5 days! Anyone else had this? Now ttc, but worried my light periods might be causing an issue?

Hiya! I had my mirena removed in feb, didn't have too many issues after the first month, that month was horrendous! Had it in 10 months in all. Now having very regular 31day cycles, and ovulating regularly. I have noticed that my periods are very light though, they used to be very heavy, now they barely last 5 days! Anyone else had this? Now ttc, but worried my light periods might be causing an issue?

Welcome Laura! I also had my mirena out in february. I also have had light periods since having my mirena removed, still am ovulating though but have short cycles now, atleast you are having regular cycles. It just takes some time, so don't get worried! Good luck!

Hey ladies! Just wanted to say hello to Lucy and Calasen and any others from this group that may remember me! I haven't been on this thread for a while so I'm hoping you all are doing well. I should be giving birth any day now. I'm nervous but excited, naturally. Well, take care and FX'd to you all!

Aww hey Harli :) Fingers crossed for you that birth goes well and babys healthy and everything :)

Gonna take a test if it not there in morning :)

hari i remember you wishing you a safe and healthy delivery
calsen fx'd for you - when are you testing.

this cycle im just taking my multivit, vit b complex only to see if i manage to get my bfp this cycle just before my 40th.

the strange thing is my lunar birth phase which is supposed to be bernnifical for conception (if you believe in it) will be at the time i would normally ov- heres hoping it is true.
I know this cycle my period feels normal the last 3 i bleed really heavy and it lasted longer so it could have been the soy.

Welcome Laura!!!
I had my mirena removed in March and also experiencing very light periods since then. Think its just our bodies adjusting back to 'normal'. Give it time - it will come right!!
Harlirex - good luck with the birth - hopefully all goes according to your plan.

Calasen - FXed for your test in the morning!!! Let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->