The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Aww Calasen you poor thing!! I'm sorry you are having such trouble , hope next week will be better for you!

Lucy, I'm right there with you, I felt so dumb when we started ttc this time around , I couldn't believe all that I didn't know, but I wish I still didn't know lol it was easier not knowing all the technical stuff, and a lot less disappointing every month. I started right back on my b complex after my numbers went down so maybe it is working and the lengthening my cycle, I will test Thursday morning if I haven't got a/f by then. Normally before a/f I feel crampy and such but not this time around so who knows. I hope you have luck this cycle! Do you temp also? I couldn't get into all that it stressed me out too much since I was thinking about it. How are you liking the soy?

Hey guys hope you can help me out. I had a light period around 9th July. I had my coil out on 19th July, and after removal, on the 20th July I bled for 3 days. So if I go by my last "period" I was due on on the 5th August , though nothing! I have all the symptoms of AF coming like sore boobs, PMT (major!!!), bloated and hungrier, yet no period. I did a test on the 5th and it was BFN. We have been having unprotected sex since about 27th July and also did it 3 days before the coil was removed. Also, I am usually 28 days regular, both with the coil and pre coil too!

Just wondering how long your periods took to return, and if any of you got pregnant before even having a period?

How on earth can you hold off till next Thursday to test?????!!! You have more will power than me :) I hope its happy news hun! I do temp, check cm, and that's about it tbh, Iv never found opks to be accurate so I don't bother with them. As for soy, I tried it after taking some advice because I wasn't sure how successfully I was ov'ing. Its strengthened normal cycle symptoms for me, and brought forward my ov date so I have a longer luteal phase. It's meant to work as well as clomid, I hope so lol, Id really like another bfp before I get to 35!

Hey purplerat, it seems to take girls different times to get some kind of normality back. I know of two girls who caught post mirena before any sign of af, but then some can take months and months to get a normal length cycle back. It can be a little frustrating just having to wait and see what happens, but your body will get there! Good luck for this month! Any other questions just post them, the girls on here are lovely :)x

lol noooooo this Thursday!! I don't have that much will power!! I figure that will be day 25 for me and the longest cycle I have had since the mirena removal was 27 days and the shortest was 20 days , plus with my pregnancy in May I got my bfp on day 25. I've been having creamy cm since I ovulated and that happened in May before I got my bfp, normally I don't have the creamy cm for that long only a few days after o. I'm not sure what is going on lol I'm trying not to over think anything!
I tried the opks the first month off of mirena and then decided not to use them anymore and just watch cm. I had thought about temping.That's good the soy is working for you, I do hope you get your bfp soon! When is your birthday?

Ah gotcha!! That makes sense, it's impossible not to symptom spot and imagine that this could be your month. I heard someone say that your progesterone levels stay elevated for a while after a mc, making it easier to catch, how reliable that is I'm not sure. You sound quite convinced of your symptoms, I hope it's a BFP for you:), it's been ages since this thread had one and we used to get them so soften! I'd thoroughly recommend temping, it's so easy. I have a digi thermometr by the bed and as I switch the alarm off I take my temp. Fertility friend then charts it and you can clearly see all the phases of your cycle. I think it's fascinating lol!
My birthday is in September. Iv always had 35 as a goal. I know things can start slowing down from then and I didn't want to have to wait too long to conceive. Little did I know nature had other ideas and seems to have no intention of letting me get pg!!!
So still no af signs for you then??x

I know it is so hard I try really hard to not think about it at all! I wouldn't have expected to have caught after that one time and so soon. I have also heard that, it increases your chances of conceiving afterwards, who the heck knows! I wouldn't say I was convinced, just noticed those 2 things and made me start thinking about it, I don't know if its nerves and I'm just freaking myself out lol. I would be thrilled of course but also nervous until I knew everything was ok. By my ff chart I should be due tomorrow for a/f, and so far no signs at all, my cycle could be getting longer also though. I thought about temping I just always forget to pick up a new thermometer. It is very interesting how our bodies work, who knew lol.Maybe you'll get your bfp right before your birthday then! So you are in your 2ww then? You said you started cramping? Is that normal for you? How long have you been ttc?

Its so sad when you've had a mc or something go wrong, it takes the excitement out of getting pregnant, it just makes you scared to death that something could go wrong again, such a shame x I hope your af doesn't appear today!
I'm in my 2ww yep, 8dpo today. For the last two cycles I'v started cramping and spotting at about 8dpo, which apparently could indicate a low progesterone level, that would mean Id be unable to sustain a pregnancy. But it came on so suddenly, and for no apparent reason, it just doesn't make sense! So I'v tried the stronger vitB to see if that helps. It's a minefield though!!
I had mirena out last sept, then got my bfp in november, sadly mc'd in feb/march at 15wks and have been ttc since then, Im in cycle 7 now I think.
How about you, when did you start ttc?

I know it makes it completely different as you know. I'm sorry you had to go through that as well. After having the ectopic, soon as I find out I'm pregnant again I have to see my Dr. right away and they have to start doing my bloods again and won't be out of the woods again until they see the pregnancy on a u/s. So it definitely brings down the happy excitement of finding out you are pregnant. We've been trying since February I guess it doesn't seem like that long. But I sure thought I would have been well on my way at this point. Well hopefully the stronger b will work, that's weird that it has all of sudden started though, could it have anything to do with the soy? I hope we get our bfp's this month!!

Morning Ladies - I'm officially 14dpo today on cycle 5 and my temp increased by .2 degrees. This happened before (the increase before AF) in my April cycle but I didn't have a triphasic chart on that one. I still think AF could be here tomorrow since I've gotten BFNs each time I've tested but I'm still holding out hope! I have exactly 80 points in the Fertilty Friend "Early Pregnancy Signs" estimator but I also had that in a previous cycle so again, not certain but holding out hope. lol

Fingers crossed for all of you and hope we all get our bfps soon!

Garden fx'd for you
Youre not out till af rears her ugly head

Garden, That sounds really positive hun, sure hope you get your bfp!! Fingers crossed for you! Lets make August bfp month lol! Lots of luck ladies!

Just thought I'd quickly wish all the lovely london area ladies to be safe

Couldn't agree more pdmcd, its hideous in so many cities now, keep yourselves safe ladies xx

Garden has af stayed away? Are you going to test??

Melsy how are you feeling? Any sign of af yet?? Are you still holding off till tomorrow to test??

Im 9dpo today, no pg symptoms, but on the plus side Iv not started spotting yet either! Be amazing if it held off till af, the vitB100 must be doing something!! Plus I lost 4pound last week hehe! I dont want to lose too much, but eating so much healthier has got to help hasn't it??

Calasen I hope your holding out ok hun x

Hugs and PMA to you all xx

Lucy, Thats great news about not spotting! Congrats on the weight loss too, it's so good for you to eat right and exercise, plus I don't know if it's the same for you but I always feel much better after a trip to the gym!
Still no a/f , don't want to jinx myself but I think I am 12dpo which my lp has been about 11-12 days since my mirena removal....I had to look though I had it wrong in when I said I tested at 9 and 11 dpo in May, I tested at 11 and 13 and got my bfp on 13dpo. I've been having weird twinges and pulling since Monday night on my left and right sides that just come and go and last night had some heaviness in my abdomen. I'm trying so hard not to think about it!
Good Luck Ladies!

Update: I'm 15dpo, haven't tested since 12dpo (bfn). AF is due today so temp should have come down but actually went up by .2 again. OH and I went to the dr this morning to start the process of tests, etc. since it's been 6 months. They didn't want to do an hcg blood test since I'm not officially late but they did test for a bunch of other things including pcos which is good. My cycles are fairly regular (26-33 days) and my temps show I've ovulated every month since I started taking my BBT but I'm still worried about it so glad they're testing for it. For the past few months I haven't gotten my period until early afternoon so I still have a few more hours before I'm officially "late" but I'm really really hoping the :witch: doesn't arrive!! I'll probably test tomorrow morning even though I had originally planned to wait until Saturday. I'm going out of town on Sunday - flying to the East Coast - which I'm really worried about if I am in fact pregnant but it's for work so I don't have a choice.....

Anyway, fingers crossed!!!

Thanks Melsy, I was a bit of a gym addict before I got my bfp last year, I totally loved it, kinda lost interest in everything though after the mc, so slowly getting a grip and sorting it all out now :) x Do you still think you'll test tomorrow?? Those symptoms are bound to get your mind wandering, they sound really positive :) I hope its all good news!!

Garden that's good that your docs are taking your concerns seriously, fingers crossed that there's nothing major wrong and its just a matter of time till your bfp!! It may even be this month :) Fingers crossed!x

Im now on 9dpo and no spotting!!! Definitely an improvement :) Not sure about any pg symptoms, most prob too soon to be expecting any x really don't think its going to happen this cycle, just don't feel lucky x

Lucy, I was addicted to the gym before my ectopic too!! In a healthy way lol!! I love going, and am slowly back in the swing of things now. That's great you are getting back into it too. It's hard to get motivated after anything like that. I find I feel so good mentally and physically when I go though. I'm definitely going to test! I'm one of those really impatient ones that has to know! I've definitely added to the wealth of the hpt makers since we have been ttc lol.
How long is your cycle? We're pretty close in dpo. Fingers crossed for some bfp's soon! That is so great about no spotting though, I know before I started the B complex I would start spotting and it would be so frustrating! I’ve read really positive things about the pre-seed, you said this is your first or second month using it?

Did you used to spot pre af too then?? And the b complex stopped it?? I thought I was going to need progesterone or something. My cycle varies from 27-29 days. Ov has been bought forward one day to cd13 on soy, which I don't mind as my LP is a day longer! How long are your cycles?
It's amazing how much more positive you feel just being proactive and doing something for yourself, I love the gym too.
A few months back I bought a batch of pg tests and ov tests online, only cheapies, so I start testing from about 6dpo! It's compulsive! Even though I know it's going to be negative and I'll be upset, I just can't wait. Though saying that, this cycle Iv not tested, and don't want to really, Iv had such a happy month, timed everything right I think, I just don't want to put a downer on it all by getting a negative! I'll have to test Friday I think, I'm going to a wedding on sat and need to know whether I can have a glass of champers or not!!
The pre seed arrived in the post the day after ov I think, so we bd'd a bit quick using it, so we can at least say we gave it a shot! Iv read some fantastic things about it too. I plan on doing another cycle on soy and vit b if I don't catch this cycle, and then use the pre seed properly too. I think the soy has effected my cm (tmi) so it's good to have an alternative!
I hope it's a BFP for you tomorrow :) don't forget to let us know, good or bad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->