• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The One Year Strong Ladies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lindsay - So happy to see you checking in!!
So sorry there are so many other things going on! I know a newborn in itself can be a handful and extremely stressful (though it's a good thing it's SO HARD at the beginning). I'm sorry you'll have to return to work so quickly. I remember the first two weeks were the hardest of my whole life. And the first 6 weeks takes FOREVER. I thought James was adorable, but it was so hard I don't think I really enjoyed him that much as a newborn. Then after 6 weeks things did get easier and time started moving by at lightning speed. I hope things get easier for you soon. :hugs:

I second what Chelsea said. After the waking-every-20-minutes phase, it gets better. Toby suffered from colic and reflux so I struggled a lot during the first 6 weeks but after that you'll be surprised at how quickly it goes. Cherish the first year. Those night time cuddles that seem soooo hard right now? God I actually miss them. I still nap with Toby in the afternoon sometimes because I miss just being able to hold him without him trying to get away to play!

Anyway I just popped by to say hey... And to be one those annoying "omg look something new!" type mums... Because Toby used his reins/harness for the first time today aww.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRZ2JZMMIOU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

awwwwwwwwwww...hes gettinnnggg sooo bigg!!!! ahhh!!!!! I still cant believe we have come this far and already have a 1 year old in the group!! Im soo proud of all of us! :hug:

How is everyone doing? Hope everyone had good Easters. Did anyone do baskets for LOs or Easter Egg hunts?

Madeline is one month old today!!

We have one good night probably every four. The other night she slept from 11 till 4. Otherwise, she's pretty much up all night long. We see the pediatrician on Tuesday; I'm interested to see how much she weighs. She's a chunky little one - we're getting the arm rolls and all. I really think she's colicky because at 730 pretty much every night, she starts hysterically crying and does NOT stop all night. It's getting frustrating - I know she's just gassy; we've tried Mylicon, gripe water, nothing seems to be working. Something else to ask the pediatrician.
I know she's taking in a lot of air when she eats - she gulps and sounds like she's drowning because my milk comes out so damn fast (I was BFing her today, and as I was sitting there, started wondering why my BACK was wet. My back, my stomach, my shirt, my pants - everything was soaked). Going to start pumping more since I go back to work in two weeks :cries:

Easter was good for the most part. DH and I didn't do anything for Madeline, but my sister and mother went crazy. I think 6 or 7 stuffed animals, a basket, a few books, a lullaby CD, and so on. Family drama, but otherwise good.

Can't wait for DH to be off for twelve weeks - we're both doing the Abs Diet to try to lose weight. I'm already below where I was when I got pregnant. Once I see my gyn on the 27th I'll start an official weight loss ticker, as I'll use that as a jumping off point.

Hope all is well with you girls.

yay..finally someone checking in!!..haha that pic is soo cute..she looks soo happy and excited already..we never got that out of B till a lot later on haha

Have you though about starting to switch her to the bottle now hun? It might help with the gas and help when you go back to work..since you are going to have to anyway...we use TommeeTippee, Playtex VentAir and Born Free and I would say the born frees were the best for helping with gas because they make them slow down and take their time so they dont get drowned in milk and they dont get so much air... Id buy one or so of likw 2-3 kinds and see which works best or makes her seem happier and then go with that one...

B has her 6 month check up in about 2 weeks..Im excited too to see how much she weighs now..Im seriously thinking close to 16 or 17...

Ive learned how to use our sewing machine..hubby had to teach me..and now Im going crazy haha....working on cloth diaper adjustments and all kinds of stuff for her..

we are going to be at the Great Cloth Diaper Change her in Knoxville to make it into the Guiness Book of World Records for the most cloth diapers changed at one time...people are doing it all over the country and I think maybe even in a few different countries as part of the Real Diaper Week supporting cloth diapering... very exciting...

whats everyone else up to lately....

Sorry, I've been busy with this... https://www.babyandbump.com/bfp-ann...ke-friday-13th-lucky-me-too.html#post17118655

Will catch up in a little bit!

HAHA!!!...YAY!!!..I was soo waiting to get on here sometime and see you or Cottleston posting a BFP lol!!!.OK Ladies..this starts it...round two ..lol..lol..whos next?!!?!? NJ..you ready? lol :rofl: just kidding...

I am sooooo excited girls...wont be long until our thread is filled with LO pics AND ultrasounds pics again.... :happydance:

katherine - I know I "thanked" your post, but just realized I never commented on it! I can't believe how Toby is RUNNING around! He's so big!!! How are the wedding plans going? It's coming up, right?

Lindsay - Sorry Madeline has colic! I would go crazy! As if newborns aren't confusing/difficult/wonderful enough but to throw in crying at the same time everyday! Glad you're hanging int here! Hope the doctor can give you something that will help. I remember James drowning in my milk, still does sometimes if my let down is forceful enough and he's not expecting it. He'd pop off, cry and get sprayed in the face with milk. When he would pop off I would cover up my boob and apply pressure up and into my boob, would slow it down a bit... Then we'd try again once he stopped coughing and was ready to try again. Awesome on the weight loss! Best of Luck!

Erica - interesting about the cloth diaper changing thing! I love my sewing machine, it was broken but had my mom's friend fix it. So happy to hem our curtains! Haven't come up with another project to work on it yet...

Thanks ladies!

James is pulling up like a champ, and sits down carefully now instead of falling on his head. Eating solids lots. crawling fast. No where near walking (though he does with a walker). Still only the 6 teeth.

I can't believe I'm so newly pregnant but I am sooo tired. James sleeps through the night 11 hours, I sleep 8+ hours. I needed a nap yesterday! A little worried now :haha:

You know in just a month or so we are going to have to change our name again..to The Two Year Strong Ladies!!

I think you can change your Broody thing to Excited or Surprised haha...your not already thinking about #3 are you hahaha!!!

I don't get it, I am sooooo tired. THis didn't kick in till a couple weeks later if I remember correctly. But I think between BF and new hormones, I took a nap yesterday after sleeping 8 hours. I think I'll just leave my status as tired for a while. I still need to change tickers and crap!

Chelsea... Wedding plans are almost done. Less than 3 weeks now eeeeeeek!!!

I was only 3 weeks preg with Toby when OH came home to find me asleep on the floor hugging the vacuum cleaner :haha: You're so brave lol
I'm still not 100% about trying in the next couple of months. We'll see!

OH has been really not well this past fortnight. Migraines, fever, eye pain, dizziness... Poor thing. Toby has been teething too. I haven't slept these past couple of days. Was looking after OH at the hospital and was falling asleep. Bad wifey! Hahaha
Can't imagine being preggy at the same time..

Erica... Has this thread really been going 2 years? Blimey!

yep..my first post on this thread was Jul 10th 2010!! cant believe it!!!

Katherine - Awesome the wedding plans are almost done and only 3 weeks away! WOW!
I thought I was a freak for being tired already! Hugging a vacuum? :haha: I think I'm a little crazy doing this with James, but it felt right, so here goes nothing! I'm so sorry about your OH!!! In the hospital?! I don't blame you for falling asleep there! Teething took plenty out of us, can't imagine my DH or me being sick at the same time! I hope he starts feeling better and things go smoothly! Can't wait to see pics of the wedding!

I know this is way in the future haha..but have you thought any about the birth for this one..are you going to make any different decisions than you did with James or just go the same route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"