The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Glad you're making headway Hotbump :) Please don't give up, it's tough as, but will be so worth the achievement in the end :hugs:

All gone quiet in here lately!

I'm still working on the other half of my TMA, looking at the other students' news stories. I'm not bigging myself up or saying mine is the best or anything but I'm actually reassured seeing that everyone else's are not super duper fantastic compared to mine :haha:

How's everyone else?

xx

TMA submitted on time :yipee: Now the wait for results! Plus the struggle for motivation to get on with everything else for this course!

Hey - was wondering if anyone could help me?

My assignment was due in last Friday (12th) and I was in the process of checking it over on the Wednesday to send in on Thursday (11th). Anyways, sod's law on the 11th I went into labour... didn't leave the hospital until the 12th and missed my deadline :( Does anyone know if I can do anything about it?

Hey - was wondering if anyone could help me?

My assignment was due in last Friday (12th) and I was in the process of checking it over on the Wednesday to send in on Thursday (11th). Anyways, sod's law on the 11th I went into labour... didn't leave the hospital until the 12th and missed my deadline :( Does anyone know if I can do anything about it?

Congratulations!!!!!

Can you contact your tutor and tell them what you told us? I'd say being in labour would be a good example of a special circumstance!

Is the TMA substitutable?

xx

Someone kick my arse off here - I need motivation!!! :wacko:

:haha:

Thanks Charlie, I'm getting there :lol:

Did you find out about if anything can be done about that TMA you missed?

xx

Apparently childbirth doesn't count.... but it's my own fault - if I pass my last TMA and my EMA then I've still passed I think... Not the grade I wanted but luckily first year courses don't 'count' do they?

Apparently childbirth doesn't count.... but it's my own fault - if I pass my last TMA and my EMA then I've still passed I think... Not the grade I wanted but luckily first year courses don't 'count' do they?

:hugs:

Aw that's a bit harsh of them isn't it... but you are right, at Level 1 the marks you get don't count towards your final result, it's just Pass or Fail, so as long as you do enough to pass it you've won!

I got 80% for my TMA05 - so I won't be getting a distinction for U316... but a 2:1 will be fine anyway! Just TMA06 (due 14th Sept) and the EMA (due 6th Oct) to get done now before my next course gets started... Thank goodness for full days at school is all I can say :wacko: I have SO much more time to get everything done now!

xx

I dunno really hon! This course I have been getting better marks than last year's L2 and the workload was as much last year :shock: Plus it's a MASSIVE EMA this year but at least no exam like last year. Exams are mega stressful!

I am looking forward to finishing this degree this time next year :D

surely 80 % is amazing ! :) i have no idea how the scoring breaks down tbh .. but well done :) x

U need 85% for a Distinction (First)... 70-84 for a grade 2 pass (2:1), 60-69 for a Grade 3 pass (2:2), 40-59 for a Grade 4 pass (3rd). To get a First in most Unis its 70%, so them who think OU is easy can bog off! :lol:

Woo hoo!!! Handed in TMA07!!!! And that's finding time after looking after 2 kids under 1 and doing it whilst Henry is super clingy (between 7pm - 11pm) - gooooooo me :D :D

I'm doing an online child psychology course which is equivalent to an A level. I've already got a degree (in english) and I started my PGCE, but had the boy. I am hoping to go back to do the PGCE again, maybe next September but I wanted to do something academic in the mean time, as well as getting some more practical experience. There is lots of competition on the PGCE course that's local to me, so I'm trying to do as much as I can to make me look good! I thought about the OU, but it all seems so complicated and I don't want something really heavy going! A level standard is enough :rofl:

why do they do that ? change the amount needed ? x

i thought about doing a pgce in a few years but i heard the competition for the course is fierce ?! x

Woop well done Charlie :happydance: It feels like a proper achievement doesn't it... :yipee:

isil the OU is brilliant, tough yes but that's me doing the full honours degree with them. There are plenty of courses at different levels if you just want something to put on your CV :thumbup:

I really don't know why the pass grades are different than everywhere else Rhi, it's a pain. But hey what can we do lol
xx

I already have a degree so I don't feel like I want to take the same level course again unless it's my PGCE. This course is good though :)

There is a lot of competition for PGCE courses Rhi yeah, particularly primary. I figure though, I got into my last course so hopefully I can get in again. I think if you have the kind of personality they're looking for and relevant experience, you'll find a place :)

Hi all. I'm new on this site but noticed this forum and just had to comment.

I'm doing a distance learning degree too, struggling along with my studies and 3 kids all under 6. (My youngest was born in December - just after module 2 of my BA!)

I notice a lot of mums are studying through the OU, but I enrolled through RDI. I think in essence they're the same as the OU (except the pass grades for OU look hardcore!) but the degree I get at the end is from the University of Wales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->