The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Hiya,can I join in? I have just applied for AA100: The Arts Past and Present, I will be doing an open degree, hopefully!

EDITED

EDITED

I have eliminated all sillyness and worked it out lol!

Hi all, welcome JellyBeann!

I'll be severely rationing my BnB over the next few weeks to get U316 finished. I tend to have it open all the time and it sucks me away from my work but I need to get immersed in my project now. I'll be back after the 4th Oct :lol:

All the best everyone!

xx

I'm currently on Maternity Leave. I'm due in Dec to have I want to start thinking about a change of career whilst I'm off work and thinking about becoming a diabetic children’s nurse or baby/children's nurse. Possibly midwifery?!

I don't have GCSEs in Maths or English and thinking of doing them at college next September.

Me and my partner are thinking about doing an OU course. Partner finishing his Engineering and me doing Level 1 in Social Science DD101. The reason for the Social Science was I did it when I was in college as part of one of my BTEC National in Children's Care, Learning & Development module. I got an overall PPP due to being diagnosed with Type One Diabetes at the end of my course in March 2009 so I had to rush the end of the course.

I currently work well I'm employed as a Nursery Practitioner in a Private Day Nursery and worked in the Pre-School room which I loved but I would like a different career regarding children.

Just wondering how I get about (after my GCSE course finishes) starting courses etc and what advice do I need. I want to go back part time mon-wed days at work when LO is older and its a must due to money etc.

The things I'm worrying about is if I do a university course part time the night shift placements that are compulsory so I've heard. I don't drive so getting there etc is going to be hard!

Also money and fees? Do I get help etc with having a child and working etc?

Any advice and tips will be much appreciated thanks

I'm currently on Maternity Leave. I'm due in Dec to have I want to start thinking about a change of career whilst I'm off work and thinking about becoming a diabetic children’s nurse or baby/children's nurse. Possibly midwifery?!

I don't have GCSEs in Maths or English and thinking of doing them at college next September.

Me and my partner are thinking about doing an OU course. Partner finishing his Engineering and me doing Level 1 in Social Science DD101. The reason for the Social Science was I did it when I was in college as part of one of my BTEC National in Children's Care, Learning & Development module. I got an overall PPP due to being diagnosed with Type One Diabetes at the end of my course in March 2009 so I had to rush the end of the course.

I currently work well I'm employed as a Nursery Practitioner in a Private Day Nursery and worked in the Pre-School room which I loved but I would like a different career regarding children.

Just wondering how I get about (after my GCSE course finishes) starting courses etc and what advice do I need. I want to go back part time mon-wed days at work when LO is older and its a must due to money etc.

The things I'm worrying about is if I do a university course part time the night shift placements that are compulsory so I've heard. I don't drive so getting there etc is going to be hard!

Also money and fees? Do I get help etc with having a child and working etc?

Any advice and tips will be much appreciated thanks

If you go onto the OU website they do an online checker to see if you would be eligable for help with fees!

Hello all,

I have just left Jacob with an array of snacks and toys watching cbeebies so I can finish off my EMA for BU130 (finally)

Starting MU123 from the 1st October which I am very excited about now :) x

I'm doing the arts past and present at the minute too! Then going to progress onto english literature degree. xx

:hi: everyone

I'm just looking into my options at the moment and was hoping I could get some advice from all you lovely ladies working hard through OU :thumbup:

My boss has agreed in principle to me doing a masters through work. The only course I've found that really excites me is through OU, but I wanted to find out how much time I will need to put in first. With me working full time and being mum I don't want to overcommit myself :winkwink:

So for those of you doing a degree or masters how many hours on average do you put in to your course every week?

Ta :flower:

xx

The course description should give an idea of how many hours a week is recommended... Some courses are more demanding than others, even on the one I am doing now there have been some weeks where there's not a lot needing done, and others where there's been masses. On the course description page there should be a bit where you can click on for reviews by students who have done the course. They are pretty useful. Also check FB to see if there's a group or page on there, many do. I set up the one for my current course, and there have been a few people come on there asking about how we have found the course :)

ive just signed up to study w100 intro to law...i start in feb and im so excited!

I've decided that in Jan I'm going to do the DD101 Social Science Level 1 :D Eeeeek, Want to do it now :D

OOh I don't know if you remember but I said I couldn't hand in my TMA06 cause I was in labour? Well, my tutor emailed me the other day saying if I handed it in she would mark it for me!! yaaaaaaaaay!! So I won't have a 0% for one assignment afterall! :D

OOh I don't know if you remember but I said I couldn't hand in my TMA06 cause I was in labour? Well, my tutor emailed me the other day saying if I handed it in she would mark it for me!! yaaaaaaaaay!! So I won't have a 0% for one assignment afterall! :D

That is fan-dabby-doe-zee!! :happydance:

That's brilliant Charlie!

Well, I completed the monster EMA after weeks of hair-pulling and neglecting everything else, submitted it yesterday (it was due today) and no sooner had I done that up pops a message from the module team saying that since people have been having issues accessing the application the project is written in, they've granted an extension till Tuesday!

So now I have time to review my work and resubmit it.... without the stress of wondering whether I will manage to submit anything at all! :yipee: :wohoo: :D

Woo hoo got 70% for it as well! :) I'm chuffed with that!!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - it's nice when that happens Tallybee! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->