The Open University and Distance Learning thread

i forgot to ask before, did anyone get any of the extra funding ? i always hear people say oh " i got a computer" or " i got free internet" .. they talking poo ? x

Is it the summer hols already??!! Hope you have fun withthe kiddies!! :D

I got my assignment back yesterday and considering it was on Art and Art History I was impressed I got 62% :) I need to start TMA 06 now though incase I pop!! :haha:

That's good if it wasn't your best topic! Well done!

i forgot to ask before, did anyone get any of the extra funding ? i always hear people say oh " i got a computer" or " i got free internet" .. they talking poo ? x

I dunno soz hon! The Scottish and English funding is done completely differently, I moved up here from England just before my first course started and it all got buggered up. I was possibly going to be getting laptop and internet, but didn't in the end. I did get my fees paid in full tho, and did again for the next one but after that OH and I were living together and I didn't qualify any more we had to pay full fees :shock:

It's worth applying for if u get the chance though - the worst they can do is say no :flower:

Hi :)
I dont study with the ou yet but was thinking of applying as on their website it said that I should be eligible for full funding. I havent studied at university level before and the only qualifications I have are GCSEs (did study for A levels but just dint finish), just ha a few questions if anyone could help :flower:

1. Do ou degrees stand for the same as degrees from other universities? I was thinking of doing a psychology degree.
2. Would it be too much with 3 young children (1 at school and 1 at nursery)
3. Even though I was thinking along the lines of psychology would there be any that would help to become a teacher (primary).

Thanks in advance
:flower:

Hi :)
I dont study with the ou yet but was thinking of applying as on their website it said that I should be eligible for full funding. I havent studied at university level before and the only qualifications I have are GCSEs (did study for A levels but just dint finish), just ha a few questions if anyone could help :flower:

1. Do ou degrees stand for the same as degrees from other universities? I was thinking of doing a psychology degree.
2. Would it be too much with 3 young children (1 at school and 1 at nursery)
3. Even though I was thinking along the lines of psychology would there be any that would help to become a teacher (primary).

Thanks in advance

Hi :) :wave:

To answer your questions, yes OU degrees stand for the same as others - in fact many employers see huge value in them because of the way students have to self-discipline, organise own time and generally get on with things with far less input than 'normal' uni.
I've managed to get to this stage (last 60 pointer with 3 30 pointers to go to get my BSc (Hons) Open degree) with 2 young kids, when I started 1 was at nursery and the other was at home all the time, I was on my own then too and had nobody around to help, I reckon you could do it with your 3. It's not a breeze by any means but I'm sure you'll agree it'd be pointless doing it if it was :flower:
I can't be much help on the teaching side of things I'm afraid, as it's not my thing, but I'd have thought that doing well in your degree would be enough to get you into the teacher training afterwards. Perhaps someone who knows more can help a bit more. The OU has a careers advice page here https://www.open.ac.uk/careers/ there is also a contact option there if you want to speak to someone.

Best of luck!

xx

Thankyou, I will have a look at the link and think I will defiently give them a call. Also with the financial side of it, do I have to apply for financial support first then the course, or the course then financial support. Sorry for all the questions

ughh I just got notified that im on academic probation because i didnt put in enough hours :cry: wish someone would take my kids for awhile so i can have some time to study!!! Im sellin avon, going to school online, taking care of my two kids, looking for a job, and looking for an apartment to move in and no one offers to help me :( at least one hour thats all I ask for even 30 minutes is okay I just need sometime to study alone :cry:

Thankyou, I will have a look at the link and think I will defiently give them a call. Also with the financial side of it, do I have to apply for financial support first then the course, or the course then financial support. Sorry for all the questions

NP :flower: If you register for the course you want, they'll send out the funding papers with the registration ones :thumbup:

ughh I just got notified that im on academic probation because i didnt put in enough hours wish someone would take my kids for awhile so i can have some time to study!!! Im sellin avon, going to school online, taking care of my two kids, looking for a job, and looking for an apartment to move in and no one offers to help me at least one hour thats all I ask for even 30 minutes is okay I just need sometime to study alone

Oh hon I'm sorry time is so tight for u. Can u think of anyone who could help out, even just for a short little while? I know it's not always possible... when I started out with OU my LOs were 3 and 1, with me 24/7 and there was nobody really to help at all (I was single then)... I managed to sneak studying in in odd moments and when they were asleep.

:hugs:

My mom has offer but my sisters would send me nasty messages by phone saying that i was taking advantage of my mother when she is sick, which I dont know why they would be so mean to me when my mother babysits my 4yr old niece.....Both of my boys have come to the phase of not wanting to nap :( I feel so hopeless and then its hard to look for scholarships i thought it would be easier I dont want to be stuck with a loan :nope:

My mom has offer but my sisters would send me nasty messages by phone saying that i was taking advantage of my mother when she is sick, which I dont know why they would be so mean to me when my mother babysits my 4yr old niece.....Both of my boys have come to the phase of not wanting to nap :( I feel so hopeless and then its hard to look for scholarships i thought it would be easier I dont want to be stuck with a loan :nope:

That's really nasty of them... what's it to them anyway... if your mum offers surely that means she feels able to do it. If I were you I'd take up her offer and turn the phone off :muaha:

xx

Im just tired of fighthing with them....I end up in tears most of the time...my OH says that if they dare talk to me like that one more time that he is going to have a word with them...One thing for sure is that I'm not giving up I dont know how Im going to do it but Im not going to drop out of school no way!!!!

Can i join? Im studying k101 an introduction to health and social care, i got my exam date today! Very nervous i have struggled a bit but its worth it, to hopefully get a degree inhealth and social care :)

Can i join? Im studying k101 an introduction to health and social care, i got my exam date today! Very nervous i have struggled a bit but its worth it, to hopefully get a degree inhealth and social care :)

Of course you can :wave: Welcome :)

I am sure you'll be fine, I was bricking it for the exam I had for S216 last year but did really well in it in the end!

Best of luck!

I PASSED MY ASSIGNMENT OOOOOOOOOO MYYYYY GOOOOD.

(sorry for the excitement! Its just at the beginning i was ready to quit the course thinking theres no way i will ave time or anything.. so i kind of just slobbed at it and didn't put as much effort in.. just for the sake of saying 'at least i tried'.
anyway i got 80%!!

I PASSED MY ASSIGNMENT OOOOOOOOOO MYYYYY GOOOOD.

(sorry for the excitement! Its just at the beginning i was ready to quit the course thinking theres no way i will ave time or anything.. so i kind of just slobbed at it and didn't put as much effort in.. just for the sake of saying 'at least i tried'.
anyway i got 80%!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Well done, that's a fab mark!

It's so good to get that confidence boost isn't it, makes finding the motivation for carrying on that much easier!

:yipee:

I was two weeks behind and did all my homework in one day :) and the lowest grade i got was a 90% out of 100% :dance: and they where like 10 assignments :lol:

Noooo! You're not stupid!

If it makes u feel any better I once got 45% on a TMA that went disastrously wrong :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->