• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Oh okay thanks!! I've got in contact with my local college and they have said because I've not got very good gcse's I am going to have to start at the very bottom! No ideal but its a step in the right direction!! I was really wanting to do a course at ou for the convenience of being able to do it from home because of my lo but nevermind.

Best of luck with it Jess, it's annoying not being able to do things the way you'd wanted to but you can find a way and it'll be worth it :flower:

Well, I decided that Id like to study psychology. The course doesnt start til sept 12 though, so the fees are a lot higher :( Their financial support system is also changing and theyre accepting the government student loan. So im not sure if anyone is exempt from course fees now, if i had studied earlier i would have been. Hmmm.
I dont want a student loan, i already have one ftom the one yr of uni i did.
Course registration is 27th March, so i shall see

Is there no quick 30 pointers that are related you can do starting in May? ... that way u will be eligable for the current fees throughout.. x

That's a good idea, there are also shorter 10 and 15 pointers that might be of interest :p

xx

Anyone know whether I can study two modules at the same time?? I'll nearly have my 120 credits come September and then I need to apparently study a module in September to keep the low fees (or so they've said via emai) meaning NO break :( BUT, most of my modules are an Oct/Sept start.... I've planned to do one in Feb 2013 as well which means then I'll have 240 credits by September 2013 (if I pass!) so only have another 120 to go... but like I said they're all september starts - is it possible to do the two modules at the same time? :shrug:

There is no rule to how many you do at the same time :) if thts what you mean ? x

Annoyed because registration was suppose to open today and they pushed it back, but according to everyone on f.b if you ring you can still reserve a place ! lol cheeeeeky buggers x

yeah its okay now they moved it back due to huge demand lol :p :)

Hi everyone can I join? I enrolled on an open degree pathway today :dance: , I start 'AA100 The arts past and present' this October :flower: I was originally going to go Bristol uni but thinking it through with childcare costs and travel costs it would have been too much so I decided this was my best option.

Does anyone know why you can only do 60 credits in the first year? I really want to do more as I don't want to drag the course on to 4 years. :flower:

Hello ! :) I don't know about that because i am in my first year and i am doing 90 credits :) i'm almost finished with AA100 :) Its likely because of the new funding etc, i'm doing 120 credits in October :/ quite nervous about that !

having a meltdown today, because my tutor hasn't got back to me about an extension on my assignment and it is due in tomorrow :(

How are you finding it?

I hope your tutor gets back to you soon :hugs: have you left them a message so at least if they get back to you late they'll be able to see you did ask before the deadline was due and hopefully it should be okay :flower:

Yes i sent her an email, it doesn't look like she will be getting back to me :( i want to email her again, but i'm struggling to find the words without looking pushy :p and naggy! it has to be in lunch time tomorrow :(

I am finding it enjoyable, it is hugely varied though, but that was expected, and now i am towards the end tbh i just want it over so i can do modules solely in history, for example the assignment i am currently struggling with is on classical studies, i am writing about the Greek play Antigone, i enjoyed the assignments on Cleopatra and the Tudors, but not so much the assignments on Art history or this one on classics :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->