• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Open University and Distance Learning thread

Hi everyone!
I'm Charlotte and 20 years old. Currently studying with the OU for an English Language and Literature degree, just about to finish my second year!
I'm trying to fit my studies around working full time as a teaching assistant at a special needs school and just found out last month that i'm pregnant!
This next year is going to be a struggle I think but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Hey all!

Starting Health on June, a bit nervous as I havent studied in years :blush:

hoping to eventually do Nursing when the wee man is a bit older x

Hiya, welcome to the group!

You'll be fine, once you get into it you'll wonder what you were nervous about :)

Hi everyone!
I'm Charlotte and 20 years old. Currently studying with the OU for an English Language and Literature degree, just about to finish my second year!
I'm trying to fit my studies around working full time as a teaching assistant at a special needs school and just found out last month that i'm pregnant!
This next year is going to be a struggle I think but I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Hiya :) Sounds like you've got a lot on! You'll be grand though :thumbup:

Ooo and congrats on the pregnancy :)

AFM, BUSY!

Exam next week for S283 which means I'll be down to S330 and S366... really pleased today I just got my result back for TMA02 for S330 (Oceanography) 85% :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Just finishing off TMA02 for S366 (Evolution) and then back to the revision for Planetary Science....... :juggle:

It'll all be worth it in the end!!

Hi everyone!

hello! :flower:

AFM, BUSY!

Exam next week for S283 which means I'll be down to S330 and S366... really pleased today I just got my result back for TMA02 for S330 (Oceanography) 85% :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: Just finishing off TMA02 for S366 (Evolution) and then back to the revision for Planetary Science....... :juggle:

It'll all be worth it in the end!!

Good luck with your exam!! :flower:

Thanks :) Yea revision's going OK I think, still not looking forward to the exam though, so nervous!

xx

just think the exam will come and go before you know it! I'm sure you'll do great :flower:

Thanks hun, I did fine on my last exam but I always fear the worst! I just have to organise my thoughts (easier said than done :wacko:)

I hope everyone's doing well!

xx

wine always helps me re-arrange my thoughts :haha:

sometimes a bit of anxiety can be good and it can help you perform better on the day, how long until your exam now? :flower:

wine always helps me re-arrange my thoughts :haha:

sometimes a bit of anxiety can be good and it can help you perform better on the day, how long until your exam now? :flower:

Yea a good glass of :wine: would go down well right now but will save that for after! Exam is on Wednesday so not long now at all :shock:

Everyone tells me I'll be fine cos I averaged 80+ percent in the TMAs but it's such a different story when you've not got your books, notes and google to hand lol x

80% is a brilliant average to have! only 2 days to go and you won't have to worry about it any more :dance:

I feel really idle atm since I can't do anything til part time student funding opens next month :sleep:

Give me some tips on how you got 80%s :D lol You'll have done fine in your exam :)

wondering if anyone in here knows.. what will happen if i quit my current module, i get full financial support (so i don't pay) but i really don't like it (the module lol) the first assignment is due in TWO days, but i hate the content so much i can't even bring my self to finish the reading, its dull dull dull lol. Its only a 30 credit module, and i only took it to build my points (level 1) I am mostly worried about my financial support being affected, i am registered for my next TWO modules in September :( and i can't afford to loose any of the funding... i know i should ring, but i am umming and Arring, and i don't want to look like a dick basically lol x

I have no experience of this but call them up but hide your identity, I'm sure you won't have to say your name if you don't want to :flower: as its so early on maybe they'll be okay if you swap it for another module?

I don't know about the situation with financial help/swapping/quitting sorry Rhi. I agree with the idea of calling them. I hope they're understanding :flow:

LOL there's a FB page for people on my course with the exam tomorrow and it's full of people speculating about what questions will be on the paper! People have made spreadsheets of what stuff's come up in the past papers and all sorts.

I find TMAs stressy too but that does make me do well. Exam conditions freak me out though.....

I'll let you all know how it goes!

xx

Well it went OK I suppose... some Qs were great I could answer them fine, others were hideous.

Nothing I can do now though just wait for results....

xx

Thanks for the tip about this thread Tally. There are a few of us starting in October, me, AL :)

:wave:

Nice to see you over here Tasha :)

The more the merrier!

It can sometimes get a bit quiet over here but we can change that :haha:

xx

Thank you girls. My youngest earth baby starts school fulltime in September, it will be the first time in eight and a half years that I have not had a LO at home full time. I was dreading it, especially given I should have a one year old here but I am looking forward to this now, which is good (still a little bit of dread though :winkwink:).

What do you all study?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"