• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Open University and Distance Learning thread

I agree about interdisciplinary modules being a challenge, there are always bits that really aren't in your comfort zone (although generally there are some ideal bits too :))

Aww thanks guys, I think maybe this module is quite easy (introduction to the social sciences, anyone else done it?) and I am going to get a massive shock when I start my first proper Psychology module in October. Ready for the challenge though!

Are you guys all working over the summer? Totally forgot to take into account that I would have deadlines all through the summer, I have so many plans and we are moving across the country in 2 weeks! Eeeeek.

Aww thanks guys, I think maybe this module is quite easy (introduction to the social sciences, anyone else done it?) and I am going to get a massive shock when I start my first proper Psychology module in October. Ready for the challenge though!

Are you guys all working over the summer? Totally forgot to take into account that I would have deadlines all through the summer, I have so many plans and we are moving across the country in 2 weeks! Eeeeek.

You'll be fine hun you'll find time to do it!

I'm the same - I take for granted that I have the school day to get things done (but then there are a million other things need done as well as uni work :() then in the Summer holidays I end up swapping playdates like mad so I have a houseful of kids some days in then my 2 are at their friends houses on others! Plus we are away a couple of long weekends, and my Gran wants us up to stay for a week.... when do I get it all done!

Mind you it all does get done somehow. Last summer I was stressing my arse off about U316 and the Project EMA as well as TMA deadlines, the strangest course I've done and it all turned out absolutely fine :flow:

i did introduction to social science when i first started... its a great course and i ended up doing my degree in social science mainly cos i found psychology very hard going especially when i started working! i graduated with a 2:1 last year now off to uni to do primary pgce!

i did introduction to social science when i first started... its a great course and i ended up doing my degree in social science mainly cos i found psychology very hard going especially when i started working! i graduated with a 2:1 last year now off to uni to do primary pgce!

:happydance: I'm dreaming of a 2:1 right now.....

xx

the results for level 3 courses seem to be most important... as well as both level 3 courses need achieve a pass 2 or above which mine did. rest of courses i got pass 3/4 so i only just scraped a 2:1... good luck...!

the results for level 3 courses seem to be most important... as well as both level 3 courses need achieve a pass 2 or above which mine did. rest of courses i got pass 3/4 so i only just scraped a 2:1... good luck...!

That's what I thought, thanks hun that's reassuring - so far I have

75 credits pass at L1

90 credits grade 2 pass at L2 + 60 points grade 3 pass at L2

60 credits distinction at L3

Just waiting for exam results for a 30 credit L2 (grade 2 pass level for all TMAs)

Still doing 2 30 pointers at L3 to complete the Hons - doing great in the TMAs but it's the exams that decide it really ey!

xx

I'm really nervous about exams :/ I start two modules in october that BOTH have exams at the end :/ eeeee

I'm really nervous about exams :/ I start two modules in october that BOTH have exams at the end :/ eeeee

Yea they're a stress aren't they!

The best advice I can give is to take revision notes as you go through the coursework, that way it's all there when you need to go back. Use the Learning Outcomes and chapter summaries to work out what's important :)

AND - As many Past Papers as you can get your hands on! https://www.open.ac.uk/ousa/exam_papers.php

i was rubbish at exams and thankfully managed to get my degree with only taking 2 level 2 courses... :)

:haha: Yea I will have done 4 exams by the time I'm done.

A friend of mine planned a degree with OU with no exams at all... silly really since it meant doing random subjects which she'd not got real interest in lol. Each to their own though!

Yeah, every module from now on has an exam at the end :/ bet i will be missing AA100 by the time it is done hahah

i started doing psychology and struggled especially when i started work... i discovered i could change to social since as all courses i had completed would count and then finish degree with no more exams. however the modules i took i loved and found really interesting and i got such a good mark on my eca that it pulled up my overall mark from pass 3 to pass 2 without which i would not have got my 2:1... :)

Yea ECA is stressful but not as bad as exam!

All gone quiet in here again :(

I have a brilliant and totally unexpected update - that exam I was so worried about - 87% and overall module result a Distinction.... I am still shaking in disbelief

Thanks for all the kind words when I was stressing about it!

:kiss:

congrats tally! that's fantastic news :dance:

it is quiet in here! a lot of us though are idle atm, Student funding applications don't start til August so there's nothing to do til then :sleep: I'm sure it will all pick up as it gets closer to Autumn :flower:

Sorry i have been idle also, nothing going on apart from waiting on results for AA100, which i finally got back today :) PASSED thank god ! and congrats to you Tallybee :) x
I am lucky i passed tbh with the amount of effort i put in towards the end, at least i learned that i need to up my game for this October, Two level 2 modules arrrrr noooo lol.

Thanks ladies! And congrats on passing Rhi :)

Vaniilla August is so close, then the Autumn starts will be upon us. It is pants waiting to get stuck in though ey :flow:

Mind you, time is totally flying for me at the mo, 2 more exams in October which really doesn't seem long at all to me now - bizarre to know that will be it for me - then another nervous wait to find out what my Honours classification will be!

Can't imagine me wearing the robe and hat for graduation, I'd have to complement it with my New Rocks or something :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->