The Open University and Distance Learning thread

i havent' been around for 4 days - it's shocking!!!!! GRRR....

Me neither, been off visiting. Back to the attempting to work - the kids' summer holidays are a bloody pain in the arse when it comes to getting work done I can tell ya! They're already jumping around like maniacs :wacko: Gonna take them swimming shortly to try and tire them out a bit.

xx

we've just had rubbishy weather so far for doing anything outdoors - hoping for some sun soon - we live right by the beach and so far we haven't been able to make use of that!!!!!!!!
I got some work done last night, got my first game prototype done and I've come up with a plan for my main game :D

Would someone like to do my assignment for me... :D It's due Friday! :haha:

Ahh sorry CharlieKeys, mine's due a week today :lol:.

Vicki the weather's proper pants isn't it! No fair!

Back to the :confused: bit about this TMA, HOW can those questions be worth so many marks, there's nothing to them....?!? :confused: Others on the forums are feeling the same, but it's no consolation. Perhaps it's partly because the last TMA was so mammoth that this one seems tiny in comparison...but 5 lines of calculation cannot be worth 10 marks and another 3 lines of calculation cannot be worth another 10. :confused:

I must have a pretty rubbish forum.... no one ever goes on it! Unless I'm completely looking at the wrong bit!

Handed TMA5 in.... but I'm not having much hope on getting a decent grade with this one - it was about Benin Bronzes and unfortunately art and art history is really not my strong point! :-/ I also left it way too late, so I need to get started on TMA 6 now, as it's due in 2 days after my due date!!

What are you doing again Tallybee??

I'm doing U316 The Environmental Web at the mo, really interesting course but demanding as feck.

xx

Yeah it is pretty demanding but it's L3, there'd be no point doing these degree courses if they were easy :lol: I think I've almost finished this TMA now. Onto the next one - 6 (supposedly) hours of work for the next one's due on the 1st August, which is worth 5 marks :shrug: and the rest due 17th Aug. Really need to be thinking about doing some research for the Project now too..... arrrrh

what is your project?
I got my first game design done, so i'm taking it to my tutorial tomorrow and then next week I make my final project - hopefully it will work well and i'll get my TMA ready to go before the end of July...... just 3 months left of this course to go. The last month is completely EMA tho - portfolio and a 1500 word essay.

The project is the ECA (they'll never be modules to me :lol:), so worth 50% of the whole course mark. It has to be based on at least 2 out of the 4 course themes, which are governance, uncertainty, globalisation and sustainability. We have to build a website (!) built using a horrible editor they provide us with and which is very clunky to use but does have the advantage of not introducing lots of fancy stuff to let whizzy people get an advantage...

Welll if you've gotten past that bit well done :rofl:

Mine is going to be based on investigating the capability of organic farming methods for world food security in the future (ie vs. GM etc).

Quite a daunting prospect really but my tutor thinks it's a good idea. It certainly interests me anyway :thumbup:

This probs finishes around the same time yours does, early Oct. TMA04 due Wednesday, the TMA05 things I said in my other post above, then TMA06 for 14th Sept. The Project is meant to kind of develop throughout the course rather than be added on at the end :wacko:

Then I'm starting my next course as this one ends and another 2 in Feb....... Am I mad!!! That'll be the end of my degree though!! :happydance:

Hello everyone!!!!! :wave: Im studying business administration and could do with some support lol my family thinks I've made a big mistake because I took a loan out just for now until i find a scholarship to pay for school, they also think that online school had no value and its pointless :nope: So i have no support from family and I'm tired of hearing of did you hear blah blah is GOING to school not online school but ACTUAL school you know you should do that its way better :grr: I just want some support is that really that hard to understand :shrug:

Hello everyone!!!!! :wave: Im studying business administration and could do with some support lol my family thinks I've made a big mistake because I took a loan out just for now until i find a scholarship to pay for school, they also think that online school had no value and its pointless :nope: So i have no support from family and I'm tired of hearing of did you hear blah blah is GOING to school not online school but ACTUAL school you know you should do that its way better :grr: I just want some support is that really that hard to understand :shrug:

Hiya :)

Don't let them get to you hon! They sound like they're jealous of your dedication, you can and will go far doing this and anyone who says it's pointless is daft!

I am sure you will do really well on the course and beyond :)

xx

welcome :D :D

how is everyone doing today??? I am on catch-up mode for my TMA; the game trial went well so that's always good and i'm just doing all the write-up; then onto mega game making.

Oooh glad the trial went well! You'll be grand with the write-up too! All the best!

I'm pleased to have already submitted (yesterday) the TMA that's due tomorrow, there's so much to get done for the next one and the project too that getting things done ahead is a must if possible on this one! Bloody summer holidays.... makes things that much harder to fit in as the kids get bored really easily. I'm taking them out today, get them tired out then later on I can maybe get some work done!!

Is it the summer hols already??!! Hope you have fun withthe kiddies!! :D

I got my assignment back yesterday and considering it was on Art and Art History I was impressed I got 62% :) I need to start TMA 06 now though incase I pop!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->