The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

Chelli believe me I have a new found respect for myself!!! :haha: I am only actually being woken once a night now (sometimes twice) for a 10 minute feed so I can't really complain of tiredness. I found it more tiring trying to entertain Fin at home than sticking to the normal playdates and toddler groups. The worst thing is trying to get ready each morning for set times though... I rely more on Fin's goodwill these days.

It's my abdominal muscles that have a 3-finger gap between them. They are supposed to meet in the middle but mine haven't done that in a long time. You can tell if they don't meet because when you do a sit up you get a strange ridge form down the middle of your tummy.

I wouldn't worry too much about the sudden increase in your fundal height measurement if a different midwife did it. They all do it slightly differently, and you'll probably find yourself back on track next time your regular midwife does it x

I agree with Everything Chelli :) The fundal height thing is how they used to measure growth before scans and it isn't really that accurate. I think its ok to measure a couple of weeks either way anyway but if your midwife was in anyway concerned over your babies growth she would have referred you for a scan so I really wouldn't worry (not that scans are all that accurate - look at my 'huge' baby, lol).

They do all measure it differently too - I've had some that haven't even been near me with a tape measure and have just said 'hmm, that's about right for X weeks'.

Everything I'm struggling with not being able to get Maia to her usual baby groups. She's never liked being in the house all day but I can't either drive or walk far at the moment and although my OH is off work he has man flu so has been sleeping on the sofa as much as anything, lol. I'm really looking forward to getting back into doing things but it will be a while for me yet. My mum arrived yesterday though so the next few days should be a bit easier at least.

Maia had a lovely birthday. We couldn't do so much as I had to wait in for the midwife but she got some awesome presents and had a great time playing with them all :happydance:

Unfortunately after a good start recovering from my section I've not been feeling so great the past couple of days and yesterday I was diagnosed with a uterine infection :-( Its been pretty tough with a hungry newborn, a boisterous (though lovely) toddler and a hubby with man flu but I'm on antibiotics now and I know it will only be for a short time. I do love my little family loads :cloud9:

Ooh and Everything, this is one for you I think;

How do you manage with Fin around Dex, in terms of making sure he's gentle and careful so he doesn't hurt him.

Maia adores her brother and would never hurt him intentionally but she's like a little whirlwind and crashes around clumsily bless her.

Yesterday when I was changing Logan's nappy she came and sat on his head (not fully, she just caught the top of it) and later on when I was changing him she came walking over on her knees and kneed him in the head :wacko:

I really shouted at her and she collapsed in heaps of tears :-( I feel really bad about it but I panicked with her being so big and Logan being so small and helpless.

I've tried explaining to her that he's small and delicate at the moment and I would like her to be around him but need her to just be careful. I seem to be getting nowhere though.

Any tips greatly appreciated x

Hey everyone

quick pop on as m asleep and need to grab lunch!

Captain hope the hysteroscopy went well x

Happy birthday Maia

everything so glad youve healed so well :) I had a 5 finger gap after M but pilates did the trick – so Im hoping I can do the same after M2!

Chelli Michaels measuring 3 weeks ahead consistently - hopefully our little ones arent too big lol! Im going to mw tmro and if hes still ahead Im going to ask for a growth scan as my consultant said if I go into labour naturally they wouldn’t do a section...I’m not doing a v birth to a big baby no way! Lordy my bodys enough of a mess!

Bless re big siblings...I must say Im worried about that too! M loves playing with dolls eyes at the mo?! Bit nervous about what she'll do with Michael! Shes so little to explain things too as well

have a good day everyone x

Sorry for delay Star, my mum went and introduced me to this 'Wordament' game and I've been playing it so much over the last few days that I've not been on B&B! :blush:

Fin generally is very gentle, however, all toddlers run about and sometimes do daft things just because they don't really understand. I found Fin crouched over Dex on his playmat a few weeks back, sitting on his head!! I don't think his full weight was on him but I panicked when I saw him and really shouted at him ("what the hell do you think you are doing?!" I think were my exact words!). He jumped straight up and looked so scared of me, I felt terrible. That is the only incident so far in 8 weeks *touch wood.*

I'm constantly telling Fin that he needs to be gentle with baby Dexter because he's smaller than him. Me and OH have a rule not to leave them alone together, but in reality there are always going to be odd moments where it happens (the above incident happened when we had all been in the kitchen together, then Fin was helping me in the utility room to put clothes in the dryer. I hadnt really even noticed that he'd wandered off and I didn't feel like I had left Dex because he was only just out of sight and not far away at all.

Since that happened, I never leave Dexter on the floor if I leave reaching distance of him. I don't let Fin wear shoes in the house ever. And I'm just constantly reminding him that he has to be gentle with Dex... for instance, yesterday he was going around 'knocking' on everything and saying "knock knock" as he did it like knocking on a door but doing it on everything including on me. He was getting heavy handed because he was excited about it and he hurt me a bit knocking on my head... so I said to him that he could knock on objects like the floor and doors and the sofa etc but he could not knock on people, and he definitely must not knock on baby Dexter because he is only little.

I'm sure there will be other incidents in the future, and we can't prevent every little thing. In some ways the minor things are perhaps a good thing because we can use them to set boundaries to perhaps prevent any more serious things. Apparently babies are a lot more sturdy than they appear so I'm sure they will be ok but it is worrying :hugs:

Hello ladies... hows is everyone?

No news here really- just getting bigger, slower and more tired as the days go on lol...

I am at the hospital bag packing stage- do you have any recommended "must haves" that the generic lists don't mention?

Thanks Everything :flower:

Well I thought things were settling down because we got through yesterday incident free but Maia's made up for it today bless her. She's managed to kick Logan, elbow him in the head and throw a bath toy into his head when he was in the bath and she decided to be kind and throw some toys in for him :rolleyes: Bless her she never means to do anything to him but... arrgh!!

In other news I'm not feeling so good today. I'm feeling kind of fluey and my scar is weeping again. I have a horrible feeling my course of antibiotics haven't stopped my infection and it'll be back to the doctors Monday :-( Im hoping the fluey feeling is just from being over tired and a bit of sleep will cure it but not sure about the weeping scar. I don't think it always signals infection but I didn't have any weeping after having Maia so I have no idea what is normal discharge from a wound and what isn't :shrug:

Chelli I don't have any extra suggestions for your hospital bag other than what you get on the standard lists. In fact I found it went the other way - I didn't use half of what I took in.

With Maia I took a hair dryer which I wasn't allowed to use (I think its something to do with the hospitals electrical appliance testing policy or something) and make up I could never be bothered to put on. I left these things out of my bag when I had Logan and stuck to essentials so I could keep clean and stay comfortable.

One tip I do have is don't expect to be having your baby and getting back into your pre pregnancy clothes. Don't get me wrong, occasionally it happens but most of us are leaving hospital still looking about 6 months pregnant so pack maternity/oversized clothes to wear home and maternity PJ's.

When I had Maia a friend who had a baby a couple of weeks before pinged back to a size 12 so I wrongly assumed I would. I had to send DH home to get me PJ's that fit, lol.

Anyways, I bet you're getting excited now :happydance:

Chelli you may remember I am a last minute bag packer :haha: I put the last few bits together for baby's bag while having contractions. The only thing I took that doesn't appear on conventional lists is flip flops for the shower... and I didn't have one 2nd time around anyway as I went home the same day I had him, and could only strip wash as I was numb from the spinal block from when they did stitches.

I, like Star, think the lists are a little over the top. I travel very light, I don't bother with fans and stuff like that. I like to make sure I've got a little chocolate / crisps junk food treat snack because hospital food isn't always the best, haha! I also agree forget about pre-pregnancy clothes - I still looked 6 months pregnant 10 days after giving birth, but it's gone down quite nicely now (I'm still a stone heavier than pre-pregnancy but I look ok, have bought a size bigger jeans and I won't do anything about it until I've finished BFing. With Fin I lost it all naturally plus a little extra within a year or so.

Star I'm sorry you're having problems with your scar and feeling poorly :hugs: I don't know how much weeping is normal but I hope it isn't infected.

I just saw your other thread Star asking for advice about how to handle over zealous 2 year old with baby! One thing I would say is that at 2 Maia will understand being gentle, being careful - they understand a huge amount. Unfortunately at 2 they have the attention span of a fish and easily forget how to be gentle, quiet etc when they are playing or excited!

As with everything, if you feel you're saying 'no' too much, try to pick your battles. Elbows and kicks to the head, and anything that makes baby cry are not ok and you shouldn't feel bad when you tell Maia 'no' for these things - you are setting boundaries and she will learn from your guidance. Over-zealous rocking and knocking a little when she leans in to kiss baby are ok and I would say try to bite your tongue if instinct tells you otherwise. Anything that Fin does where intentions are kind, I usually will not pull him up on it but if I do think its too much (like rocking hard) I will say something like "Aah that's so nice of you rocking your brother, I think he would like it if you did it a little slower." I have found, though, that Dexter actually likes Fin rocking him harder than I would do it!

I don't know if you already do it, but you can also counteract the "tellings off" by encouraging good interaction. I have Fin sit up straight on the sofa, put a cushion right next to his legs and then lie Dexter across him so his bum is on Fin's lap and head on the cushion. I obviously supervise, but Fin loves being able to have Dex on his lap, and he holds his hand... so cute. I tell him what a good big brother he is and that baby Dex loves sitting with him.

As someone said in the other thread, it will get better and especially so when you are more mobile and able to take Maia to more playgroups to use up some of her energy :hugs:

Hi girls

Just checking in. Glad to hear the little ones are doing well. I wouldn't worry too much about the knocks and over enthusiastic hugs your newborns are getting, I think the time to worry would be if they were doing it deliberately!!! One of my nct pals just had her second DS and she fell asleep with him on her chest and woke to the sound of a thud which was his head cracking against the wooden floor. He fractured his skull in 2 places at 6 days old. Once the drs worked out that she and her husband are not child abusers they were sent home, ds's head will apparently repair on its own once the fluid has gone down. Scary stuff for her though!!

All well with me, joey is an absolute delight at the moment, he really is. Very occasional tantrums but in the main he is just lovely company, engaging and so bright.

Im on cd1. We are due to start ivf next cycle. I have an appointment to teach me how to inject myself etc on 8th April then I start injecting on cd2 for about 10 days before egg collection. We are just trying to decide whether to transfer 1 or 2 embryos, assuming there are 2 of good enough quality on day 5. Exciting but very daunting and so much to think about filling in all the forms...

X

hey ladies

v interesting to hear about sibling clumsiness - I am a little nervous about it but time will tell :) hope things settle soon star and with your scar too bless you sounds awful x

captain good luck for the ivf - keeping my fingers crossed for you guys - must be daunting - a big step forward hopefully!

everything i totally agree re the feeling pg after - ugh....oh to have a tummy tuck at the same time as section lol!!

major refurb going on here...were getting there tho yey! we figure as long as the really messy dusty stuff is done before \Michael arrives then were good and dont really have to move rooms until near October time when he'll be 6 months - need to get Marthas room redecorated and carpeted before then (our current bedroom)

2nd isofix base gets done tmro, i need to wash the car seat then that will be ready - wonder what Martha will think about this random car seat appearing - shes quite funny about the back of the car its her territory lol

shes just gone to my folks for the next few hours she was so excited to see them so very cute!!! Love her so much shes the bees knees! I do worry about what shes going to think about Michael and how she'll adapt - eek!

Been having period cramps and braxton hicks since saturday but had a break from them yest which was nice - I had them from 38 weeks I think with Martha and still needed to be induced so Im presuming they arent actually doing anything progress wise lol!

have ordered 2 baby jake dvds and one sesame street - just think they may come in handy in the next couple of months - if Martha needs to be distracted or something - she only watches 10 mins of tv a day at the mo when we eat our tea lol but the next few weeks are going to be different arent they so I figure a little more tv wont harm

waterworks have been fine since Michael dropped = woo hoo - hopefully they will stay that way! Got mw app on thursday

have booked a cleaner for a blitz on monday and then I think for 1-2 hours a week for the next couple of months - we cant afford it but I think it will be worth it - I havent been able to clean the house thoroughly recently and dh is too busy working and then working on the house when he gets home - think it will just lift the spirits a little to know I dont have to worry about cleaning on top of recovering and looking after 2 little ones

well Id best pop in the shower while I have the chance and then crack on... so much to fit in and Im so slow at the mo

oo Im 12 stone so Ive pretty much put on 2 stone - quite pleased with that - lordy I had 4.5 stone to lose after Martha so it'll be nice to not have that much to lose! My goodness my stretch marks tho....much worse than Martha but then my bumps bigger (randomly considering Im 2 stone lighter?!)

have a good day everyone x

Hi Ladies :)

Star- how is your wound now? have you needed to go on antibiotics. I really hope it isn't infected :(
How is things with Maia? I agree with what everything was saying about helping her understand how to be gentle. My neice for some reason likes to pat my nephew on his head. Thankfully she understands the concept of "being nice" because we have always used it when she is saying hello to my cats lol- and I've noticed that when she goes to give her brother a cuddle, everyone reminds her to "be nice"- not in a shouty way, just a gentle reminder to be nice lol
It seems to work! although i am not telling you to go out and grab some random animal off the street :haha:

And yes i am getting excited- nervous and excited!

Everythiing- of course i remember your last min bag packing! I just couldn#t do it- i plan for about a week when i am going away so i know i have everything covered. The silly thing is i literally live about 15 mins walk away from the hospital- so even if i did forget something, its not like someone couldn't go get it for me anyway lol
I've been mithering myself worrying about what to wear during labour- i mean seriously!! But what i mean is i don't own pajama's- i'm a in the buff kind of girl- and then i find myself worrying about not having something suitable as i am keen to have skin to skin contact- and what if they ask me to breastfeed soon after birth (they did to my SIL) and i've not got a button top.
I've bought some slouchy trousers for going in, and a vest like top- and i'm worrying over something silly- but i can't help it lol.
I even had to buy a pair of bloody slippers as i don't wear them EVER.
On the easier note- i have everything for little miss so that's something lol

Rowan- sounds like you have your hands full with the decorating and refurb! and i don't blame you with the cleaner- i had a cleaner for years until i changed jobs, but i still continue to send my laundry out to this day! lol- tho i have a feeling even that will stop once she is here (don't think once a week washing will do!)
Glad your bladdder is behaving itself too!
You really haven't got much longer now have you?

Well, i've finished work a week early- it wasn't planned, but when i went to the midwife on Tues i'd had a really bad day at work (it's been very rough pressure recently)- anyway, when she took my blood pressure it was a little raised- nothing too bad or concerning, however when she asked me if everything was ok i burst into tears! and said that i was so stressed at work and not sleeping that i didnt have the energy anymore! and when i explained to her what had been happening at work she went straight into the doctor who signed me off work!
I kinda feel a bit bad- i've never been signed off from work in my life- but if i am totally honest i am massively relieved- last night i slept until 5.30am before waking and i've not done that in months- and then i didn't move until 9.30am. I feel relaxed for the first time in ages- so i am going to enjoy my remaining weeks and not feel guilty for looking after myself and little miss- stress will not help her.
Oh and i am now measuring at 37 weeks- i am scared lol i am hoping it is water!! scan in a couple of weeks so i guess i'll find out.

Sorry i'm proper rambling on- just one more thing. The OH has asked if i fancy going away for the easter weekend, just for a couple of days to relax- nothing too strenuous. Do you think it is pushing it? i'll be 35+3weeks next weekend- i don't fancy being too far away from my hospital- although i would take my notes.
It will be the last time we are away for a while- and alone- what do you guys think?

And Captain- fingers crossed for you on the start of your treatment. I hope all goes well. I keep a track of your other thread, but don't commment for obvious reason. Big hugs hun and lots and lots of luck :hugs:

Thanks Captain. What happened to your NCT friend is pretty scary. Its so easy to find yourself nodding off with a newborn. We are pretty hot on not letting each other do it and me and DH will wake each other up if we catch each other doing it ('step away from the baby, you're falling asleep') and it just goes to show how important it is. I'm glad the LO is going to be OK though.

Good luck with your IVF. Have you come to a decision about whether to implant 1 or 2 embryos yet? Like Chelli I do follow the other thread but tend not to comment.

Rowan I'm glad your health has been better of late :hugs:

Chelli afraid my scar is still infected. I'm on my second course of antibiotics now and have to go back to the Drs Monday to see if its cleared up or if I need to extend this course for another week.

Its hard but no point feeling too sorry for myself - it happens and at least I have my gorgeous boy to show for it :)

Maia still adores him. We have some days go by without incident but she still loves rough sometimes. Yesterday she hugged him so hard he cried bless him :wacko:

My mum got her a big sister story book to explain a out babies and how we need to be gentle with them. She loves it and asks for it every bed time. She says its about Maia and Logan, sooo cute :hugs:

About your mini break Chelli I'd pack your notes and go, as you say it will be the last time for a while :thumbup: x

I just saw your other thread Star asking for advice about how to handle over zealous 2 year old with baby! One thing I would say is that at 2 Maia will understand being gentle, being careful - they understand a huge amount. Unfortunately at 2 they have the attention span of a fish and easily forget how to be gentle, quiet etc when they are playing or excited!

As with everything, if you feel you're saying 'no' too much, try to pick your battles. Elbows and kicks to the head, and anything that makes baby cry are not ok and you shouldn't feel bad when you tell Maia 'no' for these things - you are setting boundaries and she will learn from your guidance. Over-zealous rocking and knocking a little when she leans in to kiss baby are ok and I would say try to bite your tongue if instinct tells you otherwise. Anything that Fin does where intentions are kind, I usually will not pull him up on it but if I do think its too much (like rocking hard) I will say something like "Aah that's so nice of you rocking your brother, I think he would like it if you did it a little slower." I have found, though, that Dexter actually likes Fin rocking him harder than I would do it!

I don't know if you already do it, but you can also counteract the "tellings off" by encouraging good interaction. I have Fin sit up straight on the sofa, put a cushion right next to his legs and then lie Dexter across him so his bum is on Fin's lap and head on the cushion. I obviously supervise, but Fin loves being able to have Dex on his lap, and he holds his hand... so cute. I tell him what a good big brother he is and that baby Dex loves sitting with him.

As someone said in the other thread, it will get better and especially so when you are more mobile and able to take Maia to more playgroups to use up some of her energy :hugs:

Thanks hun, good advice.

I am already consciously praising Maia when she is gentle and I'll definitely adopt what you do when intentions are kind. I will have to bite my tongue and think a out how I word things. Maia loves Logan to bits and her intentions are rarely unkind. You're right that like a typical 2 year old she has no attention span whatsoever.

Really can't wait to start getting out more. I think this infection is holding me back too as I feel really below parr in myself as well as having to take it easy after surgery. Fingers crossed I'll get right soon and get back to taking Maia out to let off steam x

Hey ladies, well I'm coming on for a bit of sympathy as I'm feeling very sorry for myself right now :cry:

I've been having pain in my right leg for about a week now. It gradually spread higher in my leg and the last few days my back has been hurting too. I self-diagnosed it as sciatica. Went to the docs 2 days ago and doc agreed it was probably sciatica but seemed concerned about how swollen my calf was. He saw in my notes that I am prone to DVT so sent me straight through for a blood test to rule it out.

Something went wrong with the blood test and they asked me to go back this morning for a re-test. Doc rang me late afternoon and said results show I have a very high level of "d-dimers" and therefore it is very likely that I have a DVT :cry:

Apart from the fact that I'm still in pain, I'm really worried that the clot will move. My boys both still need their mummy... OH thinks I'm over-worrying and thinks I'm safe now the docs have diagnosed it, but I can't help but feel I'm playing Russian roulette - this is my 3rd DVT now, how many chances am I going to get before one turns out to be fatal? I'm really scared.

Sorry ladies, just need some support but don't like to post stuff like this on Facebook.

hi Everything

Gosh I'm not surprised you are scared, I don't know much about DVT but i know that it can be very serious. That said, I'm sure you are in capable and experienced hands and that if your dr had any concerns that you would have been made aware of them. Did the dr today say anything, when he called, about what you can do to minimise the risk and whether there is any appropriate treatment? How did it resolve itself last time?

Of course your boys both still need their mummy, but they also need their mummy healthy and well, so make sure you let OH look after you and cut yourself some slack as regards being the perfect mother. Get plenty of rest, keep reasonably mobile and get back in touch with your dr or NHS direct with any worries - you need your sleep and worrying about things won't help with that.

take care hon and keep us updated on how you are feeling

xxx

hi Everything

Gosh I'm not surprised you are scared, I don't know much about DVT but i know that it can be very serious. That said, I'm sure you are in capable and experienced hands and that if your dr had any concerns that you would have been made aware of them. Did the dr today say anything, when he called, about what you can do to minimise the risk and whether there is any appropriate treatment? How did it resolve itself last time?

Of course your boys both still need their mummy, but they also need their mummy healthy and well, so make sure you let OH look after you and cut yourself some slack as regards being the perfect mother. Get plenty of rest, keep reasonably mobile and get back in touch with your dr or NHS direct with any worries - you need your sleep and worrying about things won't help with that.

take care hon and keep us updated on how you are feeling

xxx

Everything :hugs: I couldnt have put it any better than Captain did above. Having the issue 3 times only shows you that twice before you were in safe hands, and i am sure you are now.
Your bound to be scared hun. As captain said- get in contact with your GP and discuss your concerns as worrying won't help you- so get the answers you need- even if that is only reassurance.

Big hugs hun- and keep us posted xxxxxx

Thanks ladies. Second night I've been laid here listening to the sound of my newborn sleeping - he's such a good little sleeper :hugs:

There's nothing the docs can do to stop a blood clot from moving. If it moves it could be fatal. At least I know the signs of pulmonary embolism, and my mum (who has same blood-clotting thing as me) had PE some years back and survived it, just, so I know they're not always fatal. I'm super worried though because yesterday the pain was behind my knee. Since last night the pain has been shifted to my thigh... I'm pretty sure the clot has already moved up my leg. I really shouldn't google things but a clot in the upper leg is more serious than one in the calf. I'm almost certain my clot isn't in my calf - that's why I didn't realise I had one, because the pain has been very different from the previous 2 DVTs I've had, and it is in my back as well as my leg.

The doc who saw me today does not talk much and didn't really ask me anything at all, nor did he examine my leg or tell me where my clot is - they won't know that until I have the ultrasound on Wednesday.

It's bad I know to feel such self pity. I just can't stop thinking the worst. I'm not religious, in fact I'm pretty anti if I'm honest, but I wish someone is watching over me and my beautiful boys right now.

Ok, I've been googling (obsessed!!) and found some medical journal thing that says the percentage of DVT/PE cases to go on and have fatal PE when undergoing treatment of DVT/PE (which I am now, by injections) is only 0.5%, so I guess I should stop worrying. Although obviously a 0.5% risk is still too much for my liking!

I also read that an increased d-dimer level (this is what they detected in my blood - a level of 1500) can be caused by other things so there is a slim chance it's not a DVT. Doc told me I have a DVT, and none of the things listed as causing it apply I don't think but then pregnancy is listed. They asked how old Dexter is so I'm guessing levels should have returned to normal since pregnancy by now so they may have ruled that out, but you never know? I guess I'm clutching at straws, lol.

Sorry ladies, just helps me to put my thoughts down.

How is everyone else doing? There had been no posts in the thread for about a week, so updates please! :hugs:

Everything I could sit and tell you not to google!- but i know i'd be doing the exact same thing even tho I'd know it would be torturing myself too!

It's not self pity! you have every right to be scared, DVT is very frightening and i'm not suprised your worrying for your boys too.

I'm not sure there is anything i can say to reasure you, especially when you've said that it is a waiting game to see if it is moving. Dare i say could you exagerate the pain to get an ultrasound quicker over the weekend? Might ease your mind instead of waiting until Weds to have one?

Tell you one thing- i've done nothing but moan about taking these precaution injections, but I think i might just stop whinging about taking them- don't think ive actually thought about the reasons why- just moaned at the needle part! (tho i have no history of DVT it's purely precaution due to my weight)

I've had a slightly eventful yet boring week- at my GP appointment on Monday she was not happy with my BP and because i was complaining about heartburn, i was scurried up to the hospital for blood and urine tests for preclampsia!
Well for once i actually wasnt worried- beacause my BP jumped up and down pre pregnancy, but my gp wouldnt take no for an answer- so off i went to spend the next 4 hours strapped to a monitor (least i got to hear little miss heartbeat for the longest time ever). Blood tests came back all fine, although i have a trace of protein in my urine- so eventually the consultant looked at everything and sent me home to have bed rest for a few days- and if i felt unwell i was to go straight back up.
Well if you had told me a couple of weeks ago i could have stayed in bed for 3 days i'd have kissed you- however it has been the most boring thing in the world!
Back to the midwife on Tuesday to check urine/BP again- but i have to say that i feel fine- but more importantly, little miss is as active as ever, wriggling away so i'm not over concerned although taking it easy :)

I have packed my hospital bag yesterday too! i've been dreaming about labour (joy) and cleaning so had an urge to get it done- couple of bits i need to put in but as i only live 5 mins away from the hospital i'm not too worried if i have forgotten something.

No other news from me- hope all the ladies are doing well. Everything, big hugs hun- tell us any of your concerns- thats the point of this thread so we can talk about things :hugs:

Oh Everything what a scary few days you must have had :hugs:

I can't say anything to make your fear go away but what I will say is that its better to have a potential DVT diagnosed and treatment started than for it to go unrecognised. There is a really good chance that you'll be fine but I don't blame you for worrying and I know I would too.

Come on here whenever you need to vent, as Chelli said its what we're here for, and post after your US on Weds :hugs:

Ooh and I'm the worst for google, as you know. Anyone would think I was trying to find something wrong the amount I do it and it always just makes me worry more :wacko:

Wow Chelli you've had a scary time too. :hugs: I'm glad everything turned out ok when you went to hospital and you must keep us up to date too. Not long for you to go now, I'm really excited for you.

Sounds like your nesting instinct is kicking in.

I completely sympathise with you not wanting to rest when its Drs orders. I felt like it when I hurt my ankle. Before then I would have loved to be told I could get some rest but when you have too its no fun, especially when you want to nest.

As for me I'm doing good. I think my infection is gone now and its just a case of waiting for the wound to heal. Hopefully now infection is gone it will start getting there now.

Logan is growing well and is a little cutie. So in love with him :cloud9: Hes going through a growth spurt at the minute and had me up literally all night feeding last night but he still rocks :)

Maia passed her two year check with flying colours and the health visitor said she was amazing and wanted to take her home. She was very impressed with her manners especially and said she is a credit to me which was lovely :)

My family have invited us for a caravan holiday May bank holiday week so Logan will be having his first trip to the seaside. I bet Maia will love it even more this time, especially as she'll have her cousins to play with.

We're heading to Blackpool which is only about an hour and a half away so shouldn't be too much travelling for the little ones either.

Will be on soon to check for your updates ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->