The Over 35's Club!

Hi Sue love the name Skyla :thumbup: im debating at the moment to have just one more lol must be mad, but im loving it now having a little one back in the house and you never know 5th time lucky i may get a girl x

I am in the same boat as you except I have all girls and wonder if I try just one more time I might get a boy..I'm not sure if I could survive another pregnancy....my last one with Emily was ruff come the last three months..I had SPD and I was told it will come back with another pregnancy...not sure I could deal with a toddler and that :shrug:

Same as me with this last pregnancy i suffered with SPD never had it with other 3 yrs ago and my last 3mths was aweful couldnt breathe properly especially in the evenings,then hemorraged once he was out, but am glad Korben came nearly two weeks early couldnt cope any longer lol x

Hi, I'm Denise. I'll be 37 next month. Gabriel is my 1st and is going to be an only child. I had an easy pregnancy with zero symptoms the whole way, but while my labor was considered easy, I don't ever want to do that again. Also, the current sleep deprivation while working full time is brutal. I'm not the least bit broody and can't understand why anyone would want to get pregnant again. Seeing as most women seem to have more than one, I must be the oddball.
Gabriel got diagnosed with failure to thrive this week. The doctor suspects I haven't been producing enough breast milk and he's basically been starving and I didn't even know it, which makes me feel horrible that neither me or my husband knew he needed more.
Sorry for the essay.

Hi, I'm Denise. I'll be 37 next month. Gabriel is my 1st and is going to be an only child. I had an easy pregnancy with zero symptoms the whole way, but while my labor was considered easy, I don't ever want to do that again. Also, the current sleep deprivation while working full time is brutal. I'm not the least bit broody and can't understand why anyone would want to get pregnant again. Seeing as most women seem to have more than one, I must be the oddball.
Gabriel got diagnosed with failure to thrive this week. The doctor suspects I haven't been producing enough breast milk and he's basically been starving and I didn't even know it, which makes me feel horrible that neither me or my husband knew he needed more.
Sorry for the essay.

:hugs:..you mustn't blame yourself..babies can be funny...something could admiss and they show no signs..my oldest had a cold once when she was 5 months old..I didn't think it was that bad but when I took her to the DR it ended up being RSV..she was hospitized for a week...I felt awful !

Hi Seity!

Like future-numan says you mustn't blame yourself. You were trying to do your best by BF and us, as mums, can only assume they are getting enough milk & nutrients as we can't physically see what's going in them.

It's hard work having a little one to look after that depends on you wholly. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling a bit better about it and I definitely see an improvement already after adding some formula to his diet.

Hey Ladies is it ok if I join you?
I had Adam our first when I was 39 so all of this stuff is new to me so its nce to be in a group where Ladies have the experience and also understand where I'm coming from being an "older first time Mamma" :)

hope you're all doing well??

Congrats on your first...:hugs: ... are you planning on anymore ?

Hello!

I thought I'd join in here. if that is okay.
I am 38, have three teenagers (a daughter of nearly 19 living on her own and two sons of 17 and 15) and now taking care of two little ones; a boy of 2,5 and a girl of 9 months.
I think it is a bit easier this time around as I am not so insecure now. Plus it makes me take the time to enjoy them more as I know how quickly they grow up!
Oh, I live in Holland, am married to an englishman!

Welcome all new mummies :happydance: havnt been on for ages need to catch up lol, hows everyone doing? :hugs:

Hi!

Totally not interesting, but I just saw that we joined the same month and have roughly the same amount of posts, haha!

We are doing fine here. Summer has left us for a bit as it is now raining like mad here. Rayan hates it as he wants to go swimming and we say it is too cold for that now!

Hope everyone is fine!

Hi!

Totally not interesting, but I just saw that we joined the same month and have roughly the same amount of posts, haha!

We are doing fine here. Summer has left us for a bit as it is now raining like mad here. Rayan hates it as he wants to go swimming and we say it is too cold for that now!

Hope everyone is fine!

LOL Yes your right and had to giggle cos i have 3 teenage boys aged 19 he's in the Army now and have an 18 and 17 yr old 'they still at home' then there's Korben 18wks tomorrow, just getting him sorted for bed, not doing to bad with him he goes at 8pm till either 6-7am but still wakes at 12.30am for a bottle not sure how long that is going to last before he drops it, but hope its soon.

you sound busy with 3 little one's? x

Not 3, only 2. I have three teenagers. But busy anyways, hehehe.
I am lucky that the little ones sleep through though. Rayan is 2,5 and Chancelle is 9 months. I usually have them in bed around 8, so the evenings are sort of quiet with the big boys behind their computer or watching tv or off to friends. Yep, evenings are bliss!!!
We all wake up at 7, seeing husband and boys are off to work and summer job then.
Next week we are on our holidays, so probably can have some lie-ins. If the little ones let us!

I love the photos of your little one, sooooo cute!

Ahhh thanks, he wraps his dad around his little finger lol, you got some lovely names for your little one's. I know come 8pm its bliss here too well apart from the elder two in n out all the time.

Just been debating if to try for one more baby, but getting older now so not too sure even tho id love a little girl xx

hiya, I'm Louise, I just turned 37 last Saturday - scarily approaching the big 40, which feels soooo weird as I still feel like a little girl lol!
I have a 17 year old daughter Jenna and Jacob will be 10 months next week.
I had a terrible pregnancy with hyperemesis from beginning to end this time but the actual labour and birth went like a dream. :)

Welcome aboard Louise :thumbup: my last pregnancy was pretty well to say i hit the big 40 a few weeks before Korben arrived :blush:, sounds like you did have a terrible time sweetie. Mine wasnt too bad apart from having to self inject daily blood thinner into my stomach from 12wks & for 6wks after due to a Pulmonary Embolism i had 7mths before i got pregnant, but like you the birth id do again and again lol x

It surprises me how many of us are starting over again ( teenagers and newborns ) Everyone thought we were crazy when they found out we were pregnant. I just love it this time around ( not that I didn't before...it's just easier now that I'm older ) Time is just flying and I can't beleive Emily is 5 months old already. Where does everyone live ? I'm in Ontario Canada..we are right in the middle of our summer and just getting over our third heat wave...so nice to open the windows and get a breeze :happydance:

I'm really glad I waited until now for my first. I wasn't ready before this. I may have had the easiest pregnancy ever, but I don't want to do it again. It's the 5 months (so far) without sleep that came after the pregnancy that's killing me.

Future -I'm in NY and I'm pretty sure we've been getting the same heat waves. They've been awful. I'm glad it's cooled off again.

Hey everyone!

It is a crazy combination really; teenagers and little ones! But I must say my boys are really good with the little ones and they are crazy about their big brothers. Plus they are not bad going for teenagers. My daughter is almost 19 and living on her own, she was as bad as you get them so we had a hard time with her. But now things go rather smoothly. We sometimes have even more children than this; we foster during the holidays. The little ones are foster children too.
Chancelle has a way to wrap everyone around her finger; her daddy, big brothers and little brother!!! I don't mind boys or girls as we have many of both coming over during the hols, but I tend to find boys a little easier or perhaps it is just the boys that I have that are that!!

Ontario: I have been there once. Relatives lived there for a while (now in Alberta) and we stayed in Port Dover, but seen quite a bit of the area. Love it there!

Have been to the state of NY too, but only to Buffalo, that doesn't seem spelled right!

I did quite a bit of traveling when I was a student. It is so much harder with children around now.

I will be 39 in October, so big 40 is not far away either, but I must say I am not bothered really, quite happy as I am!!!!!

I like this group anyways. I love to talk to people on here, but some are younger than my own children which makes me feel ancient!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

I'm really glad I waited until now for my first. I wasn't ready before this. I may have had the easiest pregnancy ever, but I don't want to do it again. It's the 5 months (so far) without sleep that came after the pregnancy that's killing me.

Future -I'm in NY and I'm pretty sure we've been getting the same heat waves. They've been awful. I'm glad it's cooled off again.

5 months without sleep is hard, but should be getting better from now on. Hopefully!
Fortunately they all sleep through here, but they are a bit older!
I can see why you waited until your first, I tend to find it all a bit easier now too, or perhaps I am more laid back, seeing the others grew up nicely as well.
So you are not going for a little brother or sister??????

So you are not going for a little brother or sister??????

No, really can't see doing this again. He's still waking every 2 hours at night for the most part. He does one 3/4 hour block of sleep before that and he only sleeps 9-6. I wonder if its because he's so little. He's still not 12 lbs yet, but he's getting close.
Today is my birthday, so I'm now officially 37! I feel young, doesn't seem possible 40 is closer than 30 at this point.
I made sure to travel quite a bit before this. Never made Ontario, but have been to Toronto area many times for hockey tournaments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->