The Over 35's Club!

I think we've finally made a breakthrough! Gabriel has started to sleep 7 hours a night and only wake once! :happydance: I'm thinking it's because he's finally up to 12 lbs and can eat 6 oz at a time, so he doesn't get hungry as quickly.

That is great. Sleepless nights are such a killer.
Chancelle started to wake up around 6, usually it is later, so we decided to give her some more drink when we go to bed instead of her last bottle around 7. That helps a lot.

Evening ladies, ok im in a dilemma.. Korben goes bed at 8pm n has 3oz of milk to help him off to sleep, now at the moment im giving him his full bottle of 5oz at around 12.30 then he sleeps through till about 5-6am then feed him again and he off to sleep till 9ish then we get up... My question should i try drop the 12.30 feed or not?

Does he wake to eat? Gabriel has started going to sleep at 9:30 and wakes at around 1 and 5 to eat, then up for the day at 7am. He's pretty hungry when he wakes, so I know he needs the milk. He's drinking 5 or 6 oz at a time now.

Well he wakes just after midnight n you thought i starved him lol, he drinks the whole 5oz then like your little one wakes between 5-6am for another till 9ish x

Sounds to me like he's doing better than my boy! :thumbup:

I think we've finally made a breakthrough! Gabriel has started to sleep 7 hours a night and only wake once! :happydance: I'm thinking it's because he's finally up to 12 lbs and can eat 6 oz at a time, so he doesn't get hungry as quickly.

:happydance:

Evening ladies, ok im in a dilemma.. Korben goes bed at 8pm n has 3oz of milk to help him off to sleep, now at the moment im giving him his full bottle of 5oz at around 12.30 then he sleeps through till about 5-6am then feed him again and he off to sleep till 9ish then we get up... My question should i try drop the 12.30 feed or not?

Adam does exactly the same thing! But sometimes he seems really hungry and wants a feed and other times he just wants his dummy! Plus he isnt interested in his milk during the day. Not sure what the solution is really. my HV said I should just give him water during the day and then he will get hungrier for the day feeds. But I dont think I can "starve" him during the night!

Do any of you other ladies know of a less harsh way?
:shrug:

Congrats on your first...:hugs: ... are you planning on anymore ?

Im scheduled to go back to work in November and I would love to be pregnant by then - but you just never know!
I would love to have more as I am an only child and dont really want Adam to be an only child either

Adam does exactly the same thing! But sometimes he seems really hungry and wants a feed and other times he just wants his dummy! Plus he isnt interested in his milk during the day. Not sure what the solution is really. my HV said I should just give him water during the day and then he will get hungrier for the day feeds. But I dont think I can "starve" him during the night!

Do any of you other ladies know of a less harsh way?
:shrug:

Is Adam on solids now? just noticed his age... korben has a few things now i.e rusk, porridge, rice, loves his yogurts.... but obviously has his 5oz bottles every 3hrs... my eldest son at that age didnt have a lot of bottles during the day just gave him water or a little juice, babies will let you know when they hungry so wouldnt worry too much xxx

Mother knows best you know your own baby HV dont x

I'm so glad I found this thread, you ladies give me hope. I am 37 and still trying to conceive my 1st. We have been trying for 2.5 years, In January I had a abdominal myomectomy to remove 9 fibroid tumors. My Dr. is thinking this is the reason I haven't been able to conceive as everything else with my hubby and I seems normal. We were put on hold for 6 months and now we are trying again. My hubby is 48 so we are definately going to be older parents. I am currently in the horrible 2ww, and not having any symptoms.

I really look forward to chatting with you ladies.

I'm so glad I found this thread, you ladies give me hope. I am 37 and still trying to conceive my 1st. We have been trying for 2.5 years, In January I had a abdominal myomectomy to remove 9 fibroid tumors. My Dr. is thinking this is the reason I haven't been able to conceive as everything else with my hubby and I seems normal. We were put on hold for 6 months and now we are trying again. My hubby is 48 so we are definately going to be older parents. I am currently in the horrible 2ww, and not having any symptoms.

I really look forward to chatting with you ladies.

Awww fingers crossed sweetie, me and the OH tried for 6yrs and even got referred for IVF cos we were classed as unexplained infertility, but i suffered a blood clot to the lung so IVF was halted for 6mths but once off the Warfarin me & the OH went out for the weekend had way too much to drink and i got pregnant on my own :happydance: so there is hope x

Hello and welcome here! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

hiya all can i join i'm 35 and have a daughter lily whos 19 months and i'm expecting baby no 2 a boy on the 11th of november i live in devon x

Did I think I just have the whole sleep thing handled; both little ones are sleeping through the night. We give Chancelle her last bottle around 11.30 -12 so we don't get woken up at 6 and all seemed to go so well....
But now the teenagers! My eldest is going to a party tonight, getting home late, so we will go to sleep a lot later than 12 and still have to get up at 7-7.30!!!
Life is bliss..... but sleepless bliss!!!!

I had that last night my 17yr old son was out and even tho i know i can go to bed i couldnt because i worry all the time, so he strolled in at 2am and i was up at 5am feeding Korben grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr teenagers lol x

Oooh, same here. I know I can go to bed, but won't until they are safe home anyways. So late nights early mornings!

Welcome FutureMommie & fingers crossed for you :)

Welcome devonangel, congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy :)

Do you think it's possible to forget so much after 15 years?? I don't remember how or how easy it was when I weaned my son but I seem to have forgotten what to do!

Welcome FutureMommie & fingers crossed for you :)

Welcome devonangel, congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy :)

Do you think it's possible to forget so much after 15 years?? I don't remember how or how easy it was when I weaned my son but I seem to have forgotten what to do!

Same here lol im just going with the flow and hope i get it right :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->