The Over 35's Club!

Hi everyone! Just wondering if i can join your group?

My name is Marie from Hampshire in UK and i had our beautiful boy Matthew in February of this year. I was 35 when i had him and 36 now. He is my first.

Would really like to chat to some other mums of around the same age - most of the mum's around my area (in the parent/baby group) are all a lot younger than me and it's hard to join in conversations when they all know each other already! I find it hard anyway, as i am quite shy.

Also, most of my friends had their children a long time ago, so i don't actually know anyone with a baby, which does get me down a bit sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for reading!

Welcome Marie:flower: It looks like our babies are close in age. I am the same as you in the fact that most of all my friends children are almost grown. Emily isn't my first but she is my first in a long time, I have a 20,19 & 17 . I don't live in the UK ( I am in Ontario Canada ) but it is nice to meet you. Do you plan on having anymore children ? I am hoping to TTC again soon due to my age and since there is a big age difference I don't want Emily raised as an only child.

Hi future_numan,
It's nice to meet you too. We are not thinking of having another baby any time soon. Matthew wasn't planned, although we love him to bits and can't imagine life without him now!

We also have a bit of an unusual setup (although it's more common now) where i work and my husband is a stay at home dad. That also makes it harder for me to meet other mum's, as i am always at work.

Do you work or are you a stay at home mum? Sometimes i wish it was the other way around, but my income was more reliable than my husbands, so we decided to do it that way. He is a great Dad.
mariew

Hi future_numan,
It's nice to meet you too. We are not thinking of having another baby any time soon. Matthew wasn't planned, although we love him to bits and can't imagine life without him now!

We also have a bit of an unusual setup (although it's more common now) where i work and my husband is a stay at home dad. That also makes it harder for me to meet other mum's, as i am always at work.

Do you work or are you a stay at home mum? Sometimes i wish it was the other way around, but my income was more reliable than my husbands, so we decided to do it that way. He is a great Dad.
mariew

I am a stay at home mommy :happydance: and that wasn't decided until recently. My Mat leave is almost finished so we had to make the decision. Our wages were close to equal but DH has a better insurance coverage. We want to have another very soon so that was the final factor for me to stay home. I love being home but I never realized how much I would miss work too. I think I miss the social aspect of it even more. I worked for the same company since 1996 so this is a big ajustment. I have found it hard to find other mommies in my area but we just found a program through our local libaray for mom's and baby's..so I join that..

mariew - I also work and my husband is a SAHD. I just turned 37 and Gabriel is our first we're not planning to have any more. It made the most sense for me to work because I made the most money. Also, my OH wasn't making enough to even cover the cost of child care anyway. My sister also works and her husband is a SAHD to their two girls. She had her first at 36 as well.
I don't know any other moms in my area either. I imagine any groups would be full of 20 year olds, but since I work, I've never looked into going to any local groups.

First time at 41, baby due on my 42nd Birthday and everything is going really well. We tried for a long time, had almost given up hope then it happened. Very excited and figure if Nicole Kidman and such as like can do it, so can I.

First time at 41, baby due on my 42nd Birthday and everything is going really well. We tried for a long time, had almost given up hope then it happened. Very excited and figure if Nicole Kidman and such as like can do it, so can I.

congrats!
Glad all is going well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->