The Over 35's Club!

Well Hollie is a little better than she was although she seems to think mealtimes are a game. She keeps putting her head down and laughing, blowing raspberries when she has food in her mouth and wiping it all over her face!

Welcome FutureMommie & fingers crossed for you :)

Welcome devonangel, congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy :)

Do you think it's possible to forget so much after 15 years?? I don't remember how or how easy it was when I weaned my son but I seem to have forgotten what to do!

Same here lol im just going with the flow and hope i get it right :haha:

I feel after all these years I am a first-time parent again..in some ways...allot of things have changed ( we were told to place baby on her tummy to sleep and fill bottles with pablum at night to help baby sleep longer ) all tabbo things now. I am finding I really do enjoy being a parent the second time around, but there is allot I have forgotten :dohh:

Evening Ladies! Just an update on Adams feeding....

..The past few days he has woken up only for one feed in the night. So I have my fingers crossed that he is working towards a longer time sleeping :)

I think its cos hes eating better during the day and taking a good feed before bedtime.

Lets hope eh...!! But it could all change as hes teething now as well :)

Thats great to hear LdS39 :happydance: I wish Korben would drink more than 5oz and maybe he wouldnt wake at midnight for that feed :nope: Find myself staying awake till that one then get some sleep till 5-6ish broken night sleep not good lol x

I'm 36 and just had my first baby. I was wondering where all the older 1st time mums were on this forum :) I feel a bit alone, as a lot of over 35's are already on their 3rd! :D
Whilst I will soon be TTC on baby no.2, I'd still like a forum which is just dedicated to the over 35's. Those who remember what it was like being a kid in the late 70's/80's etc ;)

Hi skaterbun, I'm 37 and I'm a first time mom. However, I have no desire to have another child. I'm quite happy with just the one.

Welcome Skaterbun!
I was a first time mum at 39! So youre not alone. The ladies on here are lovely andyes I agree it's nice to be on a forum that can appreciate & understand!
Hopefully we will TTC soon - can't wait :)

Hi guys! :D Doesnt it make you feel younger having a baby in your late 30's?
I cant wait until LO is up and crawling round and taking notice of toys, I want to play with her toys too!! :):)

Seity I also thought I would only want the one child. I actually miss being pregnant!
and I also want my LO to have a sibling if poss so they can look out for each other. My family isn't very big so I would hate her to be alone.

Poppy & LdS39, doctor said I should wait a bit before TTC to soon through risk of miscarriage and also the fact that I will be run ragged and tired with a toddler and new baby.

I cant wait either, i love being a mum now :D

I cant wait until LO is up and crawling round and taking notice of toys, I want to play with her toys too!! :):)

Seity I also thought I would only want the one child. I actually miss being pregnant!
and I also want my LO to have a sibling if poss so they can look out for each other. My family isn't very big so I would hate her to be alone.

Poppy & LdS39, doctor said I should wait a bit before TTC to soon through risk of miscarriage and also the fact that I will be run ragged and tired with a toddler and new baby.

Yes your best waiting a while ttc let your body recover sweetie, my eldest 3 son's we're close and yes was hard work especially two youngest because Gage was only 6wks when i got pregnant again with Wade.. so only 10 and a half months between them, but now they're 17,18 and 19 all grown up & ive got a 5mth little one now, but trying for my last so he's not growing up on his own lol x

I always thought I wanted two until he was born and realized I don't want to do this again :rofl: Go figure! My OH is an only child and I'm one of five, so we have both perspectives. He'll have cousins to hang with on holidays, so he won't be alone. Besides, I know far too many siblings who most definitely do not 'look out for each other' and would much rather sell the other off -LOL
I love being a mom, but since his birth I've not been the least bit broody. Mostly just tired from 6-7 hours of broken sleep a night. I still feel as young and sexy as ever though.

Yes your best waiting a while ttc let your body recover sweetie, my eldest 3 son's we're close and yes was hard work especially two youngest because Gage was only 6wks when i got pregnant again with Wade.. so only 10 and a half months between them, but now they're 17,18 and 19 all grown up & ive got a 5mth little one now, but trying for my last so he's not growing up on his own lol x

Welcome Skaterbun:hi: We have children close to the same ages Poppy..my older ones are 20, 19 & 17 ...Emily is 6 months old..we plan on having one more.. I am just not to sure on when we might start trying..I would like to maybe next Sept. when Emily is 18m old but I worry it might take a long time to conceive for several different reasons..we conceived Emily with the help of fetility drugs and two IUI's because I have had a tubal ligation reversal and they were only able to save one tube...we tried TTC on our own for about a year...this time around, I am not returning to work ( my insurance covered most of the cost ) so we would have to pay for the full pop ourselves if we were to return to the clinic..and that is very expencive here and beond our means..so we are going to try on our own and if it was meant to be than :happydance: if not..I will be happy we have Emily..DH thinks we should start TTC right away but I also worry that it could happen to fast ( I have heard of that happening B4...couples use a fertility clinic for first baby..next one is conceived surprising fast ) I am torn on when we should start to TTC..:shrug:

Welcome Skaterbun:hi: We have children close to the same ages Poppy..my older ones are 20, 19 & 17 ...Emily is 6 months old..we plan on having one more.. I am just not to sure on when we might start trying..I would like to maybe next Sept. when Emily is 18m old but I worry it might take a long time to conceive for several different reasons..we conceived Emily with the help of fetility drugs and two IUI's because I have had a tubal ligation reversal and they were only able to save one tube...we tried TTC on our own for about a year...this time around, I am not returning to work ( my insurance covered most of the cost ) so we would have to pay for the full pop ourselves if we were to return to the clinic..and that is very expencive here and beond our means..so we are going to try on our own and if it was meant to be than :happydance: if not..I will be happy we have Emily..DH thinks we should start TTC right away but I also worry that it could happen to fast ( I have heard of that happening B4...couples use a fertility clinic for first baby..next one is conceived surprising fast ) I am torn on when we should start to TTC..:shrug:

Yes our children are very close in ages lol, im trying now to be honest im not getting any younger and thought if its ment to be it will happen, if its not at least ive given it one last try.

Im 40 now so dont want to hold off just incase my age gets in the way.... found ive got more patience with Korben than i had in my 20's so will be over the moon if i become pregnant soon, then thats my lot lol x

Hello Ladies..How are things going ? My LO is teething right now so there doesn't seem to be very much quiet time in our household lately :wacko: Time is just flying it seems.. can't hardly beleive it's almost Oct..it's been very rainy here so feeling allot like fall...what's new with everyone ?

We are all right here too.
We had a sunny day for a change today, it has been nothing but rain since early August. Autumn started way too early this year!

Hello Ladies..How are things going ? My LO is teething right now so there doesn't seem to be very much quiet time in our household lately :wacko: Time is just flying it seems.. can't hardly beleive it's almost Oct..it's been very rainy here so feeling allot like fall...what's new with everyone ?

Awww bless teething isnt nice, all korben is doing is dribbling a lot but no show of teething unless im going to be lucky and he cuts one without me knowing, but i doubt it :haha:

Apart from that alls good, im try to try for one last little one at the moment, but af arrived today so onto another month :hugs: hope your all well :hugs:

Emily cut her first tooth on Monday so things are starting to quiet down ( she sure was a grumpy bum ) We have decided to start TTC in December ( that is the time I will have my IUD removed ) we will "try" for one year. Good luck on TTC..I hope you get your BFP real soon :thumbup:

Hey Ladies!

Adams also been a grump lately - hes drooling like Niagra falls but no sign of the next teeth coming through ( hes got his bottom two already).

Hes also had his first cold this week - after we came back from Lisbon, Portugal last week. (also our first hols since we had him;). Think the change in weather and the confined airspace in the plane must have given him this cold..

Poor thing has been getting up several times each night as he cant breathe. Think last night though he finally learnt he could breathe through his mouth ;)
Am trying all the old remedies such as Vicks and Karvol capsules - smells like a chemist in our bedroom .. LOL!

Anyways - hope all your Babas are fine... Looks like Autumn has now set in!!

xx

Hi everyone! Just wondering if i can join your group?

My name is Marie from Hampshire in UK and i had our beautiful boy Matthew in February of this year. I was 35 when i had him and 36 now. He is my first.

Would really like to chat to some other mums of around the same age - most of the mum's around my area (in the parent/baby group) are all a lot younger than me and it's hard to join in conversations when they all know each other already! I find it hard anyway, as i am quite shy.

Also, most of my friends had their children a long time ago, so i don't actually know anyone with a baby, which does get me down a bit sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
Marie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->