The Overdue Crew

I am still here too.
The OH went out and got me a pineapple yesterday it was no use :haha:
I do have a lovely bunch of flowers too which has cheered me up

Hi Ladies can I join you?

I know my ticker says 19th but MW changed EDD to 26th so I am noww 40+3 and soooooooooooooo fed up. I have been an active member of the april sweetpeas and feel like I am the only regular poster left to go!

I had a sweep on tuesday but they were not able to stretch things properly, I was 50% effaced but cervix was firm

I'm now 6 days over and not even had a check to see what my cervix is upto, won't be offered a sweep until wednesday, but been having pains since 4am that I've not been able to sleep through so here's hoping it's the start of something! If not arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

Ooooooooh ladies just been to the loo and had a bloody show, fingers crossed things might be moving, need to shift this baby from back to back though so will be watching the wedding on my hands and knees!

OK! So I am going to be the weird one on here. My husband will not be home until somewhere between 3-6 days after my due date. How can I keep little man in until he gets here. I am stressing out about this. I don't want to have him without him here, but yet I am so uncomfortable and I am only at 37 weeks. The swelling and SPD are killing me. Plus I have back problems, and this weight is making it terrible.

Good luck Cattia, fingers crossed for you hun :)

On another good note, I have my 2nd sweep booked for this afternoon as my midwife can fit me in woohoo!!

I'm one day overdue. Even though ticker says otherwise and I'm feeling a bit low because of it. MW tried the sweep thing yesterday but she said the cervix not quite squishy enough. I am getting regular BH all the time. I'm having arguements with my dad - long story but he keeps on hounding to see me for a chat and I'm just not in the mood to speak with him at this moment of time. He's not listening to my wishes. AAARGH!! My DH is saying that I need to chill out and relax but it's sooo difficult. It's also my birthday on Monday but I can't be bothered to do anything for it. My induction is arranged for 10th May though.

Hi Bjbarrachus, no tips on how to keep baby in as all I have been doing is trying to get mine out, but fingers crossed for you that your LO stays put.

Nicetosmile, sorry to hear you're having a hard time :( It's hard when you're waiting for labour and nothing seems to be happening. I hope things get moving for you soon and you feel less stressed.

Bubba no 1, good luck with your sweep today, let us know how it goes.

I have definitley lost my plug now, loads of it that was like blood stained snot (NICE!!!) but nothing else happening yet. THe Royal wedding was nice though, kept me entertained for a couple of hours and I had a cheeky half glass of Pims too :)

:( i had a sweep on wednesday and got told my cervix is like a brick wall altho baby is " VERY deeply engaged" i cant have sex to evan soften the cervix. so fed up now and just want my baby in my arms. fed up of all the texts ect asking, just getting my fustrated :(
i want to be induced at 41 weeks but dont think my hosp will do it

:( i had a sweep on wednesday and got told my cervix is like a brick wall altho baby is " VERY deeply engaged" i cant have sex to evan soften the cervix. so fed up now and just want my baby in my arms. fed up of all the texts ect asking, just getting my fustrated :(
i want to be induced at 41 weeks but dont think my hosp will do it

The fact that baby is engaged is good though, my cervix was thick still but soft, but baby not engaged at all! I was told I would get induction at 40+12, I think that is fairly standard for most places.

Well, back from mw, had my 2nd sweep and was more sucessful then the last time yay!
I have another booked for Tuesday incase this doesn't work and if that 1 doesn't work then I will be being induced next week :D

Fingers crossed this sweep does the trick :)

Well, back from mw, had my 2nd sweep and was more sucessful then the last time yay!
I have another booked for Tuesday incase this doesn't work and if that 1 doesn't work then I will be being induced next week :D

Fingers crossed for you! I have been getting twinges all day but nothing really to write home about yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight, but would like a few hours sleep first, last time I was in labour I had no sleep for three nights and in the photos of me with my daughter I look like a heroine addict.

Fingers crossed for you! I have been getting twinges all day but nothing really to write home about yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for tonight, but would like a few hours sleep first, last time I was in labour I had no sleep for three nights and in the photos of me with my daughter I look like a heroine addict.

:haha: hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep first then :winkwink:

I would love for things to happen tonight but I dont think they will. I'm having a hot and spicy curry for dinner tonight so maybe that'll help, who knows :shrug:

Fingers crossed it all happens for you soon :hugs:

I am now getting some irregular contractions so fingers crossed, but not getting too excited just yet as I was contracting on and off for two days with DD,

Thinking of you girls! Cattia, things are sounding very promising!! Bubba hope your sweeps are doing the trick! Keep me updated!!

I'm so sick of being pregnant! On Monday I was 3.5 cm and 80% effaced. I lost my mucus plug last week. I really don't understand why this baby won't come out. I've had 2 (painful) sweeps. All they did was make me cramp. arrgghhhh. frustrated....

Ladies, it is finally time for me to leave you, I had my baby boy George Joseph this morning, 6 days late! He was born naturally in the birthing pool :happydance:

Thinking of you all and hoping those babies come soon, keep me updated Xx

I suppose I can jump in. I'm 3 days overdue now. My first two came at 39w5d and 38w2d so this due date thing and then overdue thing is new to me. My body is apparently making progress and baby is ready, but anytime I get anything remotely close to being labour, it always stops. I used to trust my body...now I'm not sure I like it so much for this torture.

Congratulations again Cattia - I am so Jealous

Well this baby is now 6 days late :growlmad:
I have my sweep tomorrow so I am crossing my fingers this does the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->